Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3742173)   #1021
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
The other side of Bathurst 1985..

She's not as pretty as a State Coal car..

The image of the '86 Bumpa to Bumpa car isn't the same chassis, it's LHD..
Old 17 Jun 2017, 07:35 (Ref:3742462)   #1022
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
All very interesting info.

If your shell is the red RA62 Drbob then that suggests that it must have been delivered to CC much earlier in 1984 for race prep than our earlier info. Not late in the year as originally thought.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3799254)   #1023
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I have some more queries about the car if anyone can help.

What was the interior paint colour of the 1984 Weaver and Woodman CC Motorsport cars

And does anyone have any photos of the Weaver and Woodman cars from the 16/9/84 Donington BSCC round- Weaver #6 and Woodman #5 and the 7/10/84 Silverstone round, same car numbers.

What was the interior paint colour of the #12 Newman car. I presume it is still the same colour.

Thanks
Old 7 Feb 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3799255)   #1024
drbob
Racer

oh and also pictures of the #6 Woodman/Buncombe car at the Silverstone TT 9/9/84

Thanks again
Old 12 Feb 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3800704)   #1025
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
There are pics in the thread but you'll have to look through. In the History main page listing all the threads you will see an attachments icon on the right under 'rating' you will be able to look at all the photo attachments there.

From memory the bare CC shells and interiors, including the cages were white and then the silver and black paint/decals were applied afterwards.

Last edited by chunterer; 12 Feb 2018 at 12:11.
Old 12 Feb 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3800766)   #1026
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Aside from Dr Bob's questions, have we seen these before? A couple of pics by Chris Walker on Flickr showing Woodman's damaged car after the practice shunt in the Donington season-opener

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kartpi...n/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kartpi...n/photostream/
Old 13 Feb 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3800871)   #1027
drbob
Racer

Thanks Chunterer, I have been through many of the photos but they are not quite what I am looking for. I will look again following your instructions.

KA thanks +++. I saw those photos at one stage but could not find them again.
They are very informative. Do you think the roll cage is aluminium.

I presume that is the crash at Donington in practice at meeting of 25.3.84

I will just check a few things and come back to the thread with a few, I hope, interesting observations.

BTW I will be at the Donington Historic in May. I would love to catch up with any 10/10thers
Old 13 Feb 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3800936)   #1028
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Do you think the roll cage is aluminium.
Difficult to see from the photos, but they weren’t banned until late ‘80s here, from memory, so could well be.

Quote:
BTW I will be at the Donington Historic in May. I would love to catch up with any 10/10thers
I’ll be there- not racing in the touring cars though. Will PM you more info nearer the date, as no idea of timetable yet.....
Old 15 Apr 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3815692)   #1029
drbob
Racer

I have been in contact with Dave Clark formerly of CC Motorsport
He has referred me to Brian Martin who took over as chief engineer/team manager, Brian was famous for designing and building his own 2 litre BM7, BM8 sports cars

Can anyone help me with Brian Martin's contact details
Thanks
Robert
Old 15 Apr 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3815792)   #1030
drbob
Racer

Quote:
I have been in contact with Dave Clark formerly of CC Motorsport
He has referred me to Brian Martin who took over as chief engineer/team manager, Brian was famous for designing and building his own 2 litre BM7, BM8 sports cars

Can anyone help me with Brian Martin's contact details
Thanks
Robert
Sorry I meant Dave Cook.