Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 17 Aug 2015, 09:04 (Ref:3566413)   #76
RICE RACING
Rookie

RICE RACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie55 View Post
That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

Having seen your vague claims against pretty much every brand of ECU on other websites Peter, I realise your trolling is more than just a hobby for you in Bairnsdale.
Jamie, I suggest you put more effort into your products rather than trying to deride someone who chooses to NOT use nor recommend your offerings for the simple reasons I stated clearly.

If ever motec becomes a motorsport engine manufacturer then they may have a better idea to get near what Cosworth/Pectel/Pi Research and AER/Life Racing does at the pointy end of motorsports. More research and less time on facebook would be a good start
Old 18 Aug 2015, 00:01 (Ref:3566563)   #77
cossie55
Rookie

cossie55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sorry that I didn't realize that you need to manufacture engines to be a reputable ECU manufacturer. Do you want me to call Bosch and Marelli, or do you want to let them know?

Don't feed the Trolls.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3566604)   #78
RICE RACING
Rookie

Quote:
I am sorry that I didn't realize that you need to manufacture engines to be a reputable ECU manufacturer. Do you want me to call Bosch and Marelli, or do you want to let them know?

Don't feed the Trolls.
I worked for Bosch and know they tested their ABS unit on your kit car in their car park....

You are not reflecting your stature/status well by attacking me, and you are doing a dis service to what Mr Bendel created there @ motec, you would be much better off staying off facebook and forums, and making better items, taking the feedback in a proactive way.

And to correct you (since you seem to need allot of that) both Bosch and Magnetti Marelli are inferior for the same reason your products are compared to Life Racing and Pectel, again for the reasons I described, but you seem to not be able to comprehend what I am saying. Again a non engine company its no surprise there to me or others that are in the know.

We will see how much of a hero you are too my face when I see you next time in the pits at Sandown I'll be sure to say hello and I challenge you to pass comment on where I live or what you think I am as you have here so freely
Old 18 Aug 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3566618)   #79
cossie55
Rookie

As you may understand, it is my job to ensure that the MoTeC products are represented correctly in public, including forums.

I am happy to respond to your feedback at any time, and if you actually had any facts or information to back up your sweeping statements. I asked for this in my very first reply. Something which you seemed to ignore.

I personally thought that Bosch's LMP1 diesel engine management systems are very impressive, as is the Marelli Moto GP ECU, but I'm sure you know better.

I would be only to happy to have a chat to you at any time, as I do with anyone when they come to see us. I can then run you through the software and show you how it all works.

Last edited by cossie55; 18 Aug 2015 at 09:01.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3566634)   #80
RICE RACING
Rookie

Quote:
As you may understand, it is my job to ensure that the MoTeC products are represented correctly in public, including forums.

I am happy to respond to your feedback at any time, and if you actually had any facts or information to back up your sweeping statements. I asked for this in my very first reply. Something which you seemed to ignore.

I personally thought that Bosch's LMP1 diesel engine management systems are very impressive, as is the Marelli Moto GP ECU, but I'm sure you know better.

I would be only to happy to have a chat to you at any time, as I do with anyone when they come to see us. I can then run you through the software and show you how it all works.
Hey if you used MODAS and the tools to program and run analysis maybe you would not be so wax lyrical about it?, like I said on paper its all good to compare, when you go to use something its another story. I know its your job to be abreast of all competitors in the market place, some I'm sure you will agree are just better than what you make or offer. Its not the place to be offended about that fact or deride the messenger as you have done here to me over a few posts.

I did not say you product is not fit for purpose or not credible, I just said through my experience I don't like the business model and I do not prefer the options you have at the moment compared to what I have used and had considerable experience of first hand, this is not trolling as you quickly jumped to conclusion either.....

There are some big merits to being a racing engine company and then making your electronics to suit, rather than doing JV's on some level with either an OEM or performance division, you yourself know the technology share is transitory and defined by only a given agreement at any point in time. To me it shows in the software that Life Racing and Cosworth are ontop of their game compared to all the others out there. And Life Racing and SYVECS in particular being of most interest to people who frequent forums and the like.

Have I dismissed motec altogether or do I have an agenda against them? NO I DON'T though with some of the derogatory comments towards me maybe I should? but I understand you are offended by my views and quickly dismissed it as me not being understanding of engine calibration or familiarity of your particular interfaces across your various products, your call to do this, wont be mine to say anything about you other than that rather than attack you should do your utmost to convert people like me to join the motec band wagon. I wanted too, but it just was not my preferred choice and that Jamie was on a pure technical basis more than the issue of 'code enable' payments, which all of the top brands employ now to some degree.

You can ask the 'Shoots' about me if you want to do some background checks, I am no monkey or troll that is for sure. Your products just did not fit my criteria, no need to get offended by that, just take the feedback as most people do. Least the new computers are not in gold alloy extrusions held together with self tappers so *seriously* props to you on improving that part of the physical product

We will cross paths again in reality and I'm sure you will do your best to sell your products to me, I'm all ears.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3566682)   #81
cossie55
Rookie

I dont expect everyone to want, need or like MoTeC. No brand has everyone loving it all the time. I have an issue with statements like this:

"they all are having issues." when referring to M1 ECU's.

It is plainly untrue to say that All M1 users are having issues, it is so far from the truth and could not be left stated without refuting it. Some people may take this statement as the truth if it was not picked up upon.

most of our dealers and customers are having no issues at all with this new system, but of course, it has been a challenge at times.

Unlike most 'new' ECU's the M1 was genuinely a start from scratch piece of hardware and software using latest hardware and firmware, leaving behind the M800 history. This made it very difficult for dealers who knew how to use an M800 easily, but have now had to learn entirely different terms and methods in m1.

But now that they are getting on top it it, they love it, and having it as control ECU for V8 Supercars, the factory fitted control DI ECU in the Lamborghini super trofeo series cars, the BSB series in the UK etc, it is clearly being well used and tested throughout the world.

But, not rotary option just yet!

Anyhow, Ill have a chat to you when I see you next, and I'm sure, Ill try to fit you up for a PDM!
Old 15 Jan 2016, 02:48 (Ref:3604913)   #82
RICE RACING
Rookie

Life Racing D5 display with unlimited USB logging.
RR display steering module and my own made 12 position rotary switches as well.
Old 10 Jan 2020, 01:10 (Ref:3950736)   #83
RICE RACING
Rookie

I'm still getting asked about the rotary compatibility on the Pectel, unless its been changed by now years later? don't know and don't really care

Life Racing/Syvecs work out of the box and fantastically well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u44_...yWisXH&index=4
yet to see any Pectel do the same