Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 2020, 18:22 (Ref:4019145)   #3051
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 19:39 (Ref:4019158)   #3052
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Being also (it seems permanently) in a tier 3 area my understanding of the rules is that we we should limit our movements outside of our own houses completely as we are supposedly in a highly risky area. So moving to & within other (highly risky) tier 3 areas should be a big no-no. (But then, what do I know?)
But the risk is, presumably the same.

So only "no movement" would be logical. I.E. a total lockdown.

In general there seems to be a lack of evidence that a "total lockdown" actually achieves much in the medium to long term.

So, as an alternative strategy, what next?

With most of the country seemingly being shepherded into trying to operate under Tier constraints that are somewhat more constraining than the "total lockdown" constraints, other than a few tweaks that seem to be straight out of the F1 books of "rules and how to interpret them" one has to wonder what which game we are playing here.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 19:42 (Ref:4019161)   #3053
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I think that's what it's supposed to be. Given that Devizes was heaving today and that's when we're still fully locked down, I don't see much chance of it happening.

(Yes I know I must have been part of the problem to see it was busy. I was buying a ladder for the work Escape Committee and Mrs MM was shopping for essentials, so it was all legal. )

In fact Wiltshire's Lockdown 2 has been so successful that our infections per 100k have gone up from 80 to 130 during November. However with only 400k inhabitants that makes 520 ill people or 0.13% of the population so we're quite lucky. I think it does show that statistics can be meaningless unless given in context. Our rate of increase is quite high, but with such low numbers one chap infecting his wife and kids while all isolated at home and not spreading it outside the household can distort the percentage badly even though it doesn't particularly impact the public at large.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Still within the error bars for the assumed possible false Positive rate.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4019163)   #3054
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Download the DPD app, it's really good and keeps you updated. DPD also give a 1 hour delivery slot and they rarely fail.

Max,

Our local DPD service is also good when I have been connected to it but I am given to understand that is not the case everywhere.

Also the old version of the App worked brilliantly for a while but when they "updated" it a couple of years ago it stopped working on my phone.

Bought a new phone today so I'll see how long this version stays working in parallel with Android updates. Or lack of them.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 21:06 (Ref:4019174)   #3055
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I suggest that one of you tenthers try and find our house with the our postcode depending on whose system you use it varies by a fair bit and for years we have had problems with deliveries, so much so we have to sort each other out with other peoples stuff being left at our door and vice visa
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2020, 21:22 (Ref:4019176)   #3056
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Any news on Dec 4 th .
Still on at the moment, if it changes i'll put it on here
Old 27 Nov 2020, 22:46 (Ref:4019183)   #3057
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

In general there seems to be a lack of evidence that a "total lockdown" actually achieves much in the medium to long term.

So, as an alternative strategy, what next?

Let’s face it, the Leicester city area has been in lockdown and/ or Tier 3 for longer than any other area in the country and yet still the numbers are high.

Liverpool is the only area that has achieved meaningful reductions and guess what? They had high intensity testing!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 23:05 (Ref:4019185)   #3058
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Let’s face it, the Leicester city area has been in lockdown and/ or Tier 3 for longer than any other area in the country and yet still the numbers are high.

Liverpool is the only area that has achieved meaningful reductions and guess what? They had high intensity testing!
Yep, being in Merseyside, we're just about the only area that's been downgraded from tier 3 to tier 2. Not sure if it makes much difference though, as we're land-locked by tier 3 areas, so we still can't go anywhere!
Old 28 Nov 2020, 09:34 (Ref:4019222)   #3059
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Still within the error bars for the assumed possible false Positive rate.
Indeed.

In our area the Nightingales are opening, but I wonder whether that's because the NHS hasn't gone into panic mode and cancelled everything else this time. So it's just a bit of extra capacity which always helps in the run up to Christmas.

We're very lucky, I do know a couple locally who tested positive and despite being in their sixties both have so far just been "feeling quite poorly". The husband went back to work after quarantine, it will be interesting to see if the "long Covid" effect floors him again.

I still don't want to catch it and am happy with Hands, Face, Space. I've never been a touchy feely person anyway so my "mental health" isn't compromised by social distancing. I don't see it as an infringement of my civil liberties but a sensible precaution we can all take.

I blame social media. In the past conspiracy theorists were confined to audience-less soap boxes in Hyde Park. Today their views can be mainstream in your living room.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Nov 2020, 13:07 (Ref:4019243)   #3060
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I still don't want to catch it and am happy with Hands, Face, Space. I've never been a touchy feely person anyway so my "mental health" isn't compromised by social distancing. I don't see it as an infringement of my civil liberties but a sensible precaution we can all take.
Good words imo.
Old 28 Nov 2020, 22:12 (Ref:4019294)   #3061
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I suggest that one of you tenthers try and find our house with the our postcode depending on whose system you use it varies by a fair bit and for years we have had problems with deliveries, so much so we have to sort each other out with other peoples stuff being left at our door and vice visa
If you give us your bank acc. No. and sort code it would make it easier although I found it OK without the post code
Old 28 Nov 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4019295)   #3062
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post

Could that be anything to do with the general population and their attitude (or lack of) to keeping a distance from each other?
Old 29 Nov 2020, 06:59 (Ref:4019327)   #3063
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Could that be anything to do with the general population and their attitude (or lack of) to keeping a distance from each other?
Couldn’t possibly comment.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 10:42 (Ref:4019348)   #3064
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had e mail from Javalin . Good to go Friday . Very excited .Are we allowed to come up and see you Dave ? . BTW that’s Fat Clark and yes his name really is David .😀
Old 29 Nov 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4019355)   #3065
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Just had e mail from Javalin . Good to go Friday . Very excited .Are we allowed to come up and see you Dave ? . BTW that’s Fat Clark and yes his name really is David .😀
Had the same email - hoping to be there, bad back permitting!
Old 29 Nov 2020, 17:51 (Ref:4019499)   #3066
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I keep seeing some pretty awful pictures popping up on my fb and twitter feed from Bahrain. I'm waiting for the highlights and hoping what I'm seeing is not as catastrophic and bad as I think.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 18:00 (Ref:4019501)   #3067
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I keep seeing some pretty awful pictures popping up on my fb and twitter feed from Bahrain. I'm waiting for the highlights and hoping what I'm seeing is not as catastrophic and bad as I think.
It appears not to be - the outcome seems to be OK, without giving anything away!
Old 29 Nov 2020, 18:22 (Ref:4019507)   #3068
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 22:56 (Ref:4019570)   #3069
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Grosjean is fine, just minor burns to hands. Sitting up in hospital bed and speaking on social media.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 08:02 (Ref:4019616)   #3070
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Grosjean is fine, just minor burns to hands. Sitting up in hospital bed and speaking on social media.
Hope he bought a lottery ticket!
Old 30 Nov 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4019630)   #3071
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
An e mail arrived from the MG Car Club which included the below pic, I frankly didn't know what to think!
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 30 Nov 2020, 10:59 (Ref:4019641)   #3072
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
An e mail arrived from the MG Car Club which included the below pic, I frankly didn't know what to think!
Are they chocolate slip jaws.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 12:27 (Ref:4019653)   #3073
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems Grosjean spent within two minutes all the luck a man can have during an entire life, if not more.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 12:58 (Ref:4019659)   #3074
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Of course you're welcome to see me, but I wont be in the warm of Race Control this time, I shall be out on the bank in an orange coat and probably 6 or 7 layers. At lunchtime after getting food from the Canteen I shall be thawing out in my silver Range Rover
Old 30 Nov 2020, 13:01 (Ref:4019660)   #3075
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I was not a fan of the Halo but thankful no one listened to me. We watch Grand Prix's and see the cars spinning off into the gravel with no harm. This accident brings it home how dangerous our sport can be. The sight of Roman stepping out of those flames over the barrier was met with relief and then horror.
I guess this will be his last race in F1. Shame to end this way.As they say "he went out with a bang."
Closed Thread