Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Feb 2024, 09:03 (Ref:4195850)   #3326
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Great for British F1 fans but I am concerned we will continue to miss out on other major International series coming to the venue, or the UK as a whole.

It would be great to have something along the lines of the BOAC 500 or 1000 happen on the Brands GP circuit. I used to love going to see them 50 odd years ago.
Old 9 Feb 2024, 09:59 (Ref:4195854)   #3327
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Great for British F1 fans but I am concerned we will continue to miss out on other major International series coming to the venue, or the UK as a whole.
I've not been to The British Grand Prix for over 30 years and was lucky enough to be involved so that for the last 5 years I didn't have to pay to get in. I was told what it now costs, so despite Silverstone managing to extend their deal, I still don't think I'll be attending.
Old 9 Feb 2024, 11:32 (Ref:4195865)   #3328
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Silverstone is staying, it wouldn’t be the same without. The atmosphere there is so much better than many other circuits
Old 9 Feb 2024, 11:33 (Ref:4195866)   #3329
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree - apart from F1 and MotoGP, there doesn't seem to be much appetite for international series such as WEC (inexplicable to me, given how many Brits make the effort to go to the Sarthe).
The golden generation of motorsport (say 60-80s) had so much more breath. hey-ho.
Old 9 Feb 2024, 11:36 (Ref:4195867)   #3330
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
I agree - apart from F1 and MotoGP, there doesn't seem to be much appetite for international series such as WEC (inexplicable to me, given how many Brits make the effort to go to the Sarthe).
The golden generation of motorsport (say 60-80s) had so much more breath. hey-ho.

Problem is Brexit has made it less attractive for series to come over here. They just don’t find it worth the hassle anymore
Old 9 Feb 2024, 13:07 (Ref:4195877)   #3331
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
They've already got your money at the 24, do they think they'll get enough twice AND new over a guaranteed payday or at least a decent funding at another track?

Not saying the idea makes real sense but you can see where they come from with the thinking and smaller number of events. They could run WEC in the US at a real track people want to see but no, they're obsessed with running at Indy. It's the sportscar equivalent of watching paint dry
Old 21 Feb 2024, 04:20 (Ref:4197553)   #3332
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reported there are issues with Las Vegas as Liberty didn’t get all the government sign offs they were supposed to.
I suggest Nevada put Michael Andretti in charge of negotiations.