Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Sep 2020, 13:58 (Ref:4003523)   #51
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Was there meant to be some kind of WSR announcement or have I missed something?
I think the announcement literally was Dynamics bought some Dulux off of B&Q.

The WSR thing was, I believe, make believe. Sort of a coronavirus Mk II if you like.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 13:58 (Ref:4003524)   #52
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The first BTCC teaser had a 3 Series in it so I just assumed it was WSR related
Old 18 Sep 2020, 14:26 (Ref:4003529)   #53
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The first BTCC teaser had a 3 Series in it so I just assumed it was WSR related
It was a photo from Silverstone too. Just a library pic.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 14:30 (Ref:4003533)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Rob Austin's cool.
ITV coverage is bigger.
All 'hyped' with a close up of the R/R of a WSR car.

Meanwhile GS batteries have appointed a former driver from TD as a brand ambassador, and to celebrate one of their brands sponsoring a team for 10 yrs, they've convinced TD to change the bonnet to Honda Racing colours from the time the GS batteries ambassador was driving the car to 2nd place in the championship under the Yuasa banner.

(I think that sums up the last 24hrs)
Old 18 Sep 2020, 16:52 (Ref:4003586)   #55
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well a least I didn't here corona or Brexit in that nonsense
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:12 (Ref:4003654)   #56
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
All 'hyped' with a close up of the R/R of a WSR car.
well there is one goo thing about that car being empty, if Turks or Oliphant have a severe accident they can put him in thta car for next round and not do a Team HARD
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4003662)   #57
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
well there is one goo thing about that car being empty, if Turks or Oliphant have a severe accident they can put him in thta car for next round and not do a Team HARD
Or they could use the spare car😉
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:53 (Ref:4003665)   #58
porsche962fan
Veteran

that is the spare car, AFAIK only 3 3 series build so far
Old 18 Sep 2020, 21:05 (Ref:4003672)   #59
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
that is the spare car, AFAIK only 3 3 series build so far
Pretty sure I read on here or somewhere that they had a 4th shell.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 21:27 (Ref:4003679)   #60
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Presumably 'doing a Team HARD' is missing a round as the car is wrecked when they're not even going back to HQ and only have a few days to turn it around...
Old 18 Sep 2020, 23:28 (Ref:4003697)   #61
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for clearing up the Rob Austin stuff - yeah most of that OC stuff, and the sponsor shenanigans totally passed me by.

Now for something more important:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
the Neale's
Hypothesis: the frequency of this spelling error increases during BTCC seasons which also feature Andy Neate.

Discuss
Old 19 Sep 2020, 09:15 (Ref:4003756)   #62
porsche962fan
Veteran

Cammish claims that they don't think BMW can be beaten them this year but his aim is best of the rest
Old 19 Sep 2020, 14:50 (Ref:4003994)   #63
porsche962fan
Veteran

Turks 8th

Sutton 11th

Turks only has to keep him behind on this track were it's hard to pass to extend his lead
Old 19 Sep 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4004002)   #64
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Turks 8th

Sutton 11th

Turks only has to keep him behind on this track were it's hard to pass to extend his lead
We need to peg back the Honda!

Totally missed qualifying because the itv website said that it was on at 4pm....
Old 19 Sep 2020, 15:20 (Ref:4004015)   #65
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Totally missed qualifying because the itv website said that it was on at 4pm....

Likewise - what a great way for them to celebrate extending their contract...
Old 19 Sep 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4004019)   #66
Pickles
Veteran

Up until 3 o clock it said next qualifying on 29th August 😂
Old 19 Sep 2020, 16:33 (Ref:4004087)   #67
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cammish claims that they don't think BMW can be beaten them this year but his aim is best of the rest
Today's result suggests otherwise. Too many Hondas in the top ten makes a mockery of the series.
Time to peg back the FWD cars and give those in RWD machinery a chance, otherwise we'll see a FWD walkover tomorrow.

Old 19 Sep 2020, 20:16 (Ref:4004313)   #68
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Today's result suggests otherwise. Too many Hondas in the top ten makes a mockery of the series.
Time to peg back the FWD cars and give those in RWD machinery a chance, otherwise we'll see a FWD walkover tomorrow.

Boom!!!
Old 19 Sep 2020, 20:21 (Ref:4004319)   #69
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Thanks for clearing up the Rob Austin stuff - yeah most of that OC stuff, and the sponsor shenanigans totally passed me by.

Now for something more important:

Hypothesis: the frequency of this spelling error increases during BTCC seasons which also feature Andy Neate.

Discuss
Hmmm, I suspect Andy Neate's motorsport activities in any given year and my inability to correctly spel Mat Neil's name aren't linked. However, it's certainly a more interesting discussion point than can women actually drive and where big Tony got his new motors from. Not to mention when will WSR turn up with another BMW...
Old 20 Sep 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4004725)   #70
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://t.co/A9kmehcBJh

The rear wheel drive cars have been given a increase in boost reduction at the start from 6.5 to 11.5%. Quite an interesting article., especially Dick Bennett’s comments regarding the Motorbase engines.

I have to say though I think it’s very hard to negate the laws of physics with RWD despite different first gear, reduced boost etc.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 08:21 (Ref:4004730)   #71
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post

The rear wheel drive cars have been given a increase in boost reduction at the start from 6.5 to 11.5%. Quite an interesting article., especially Dick Bennett’s comments regarding the Motorbase engines.

I have to say though I think it’s very hard to negate the laws of physics with RWD despite different first gear, reduced boost etc.
Good, it was very clear they had an advantage off the line, hopefully this should even things out a bit.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 08:37 (Ref:4004735)   #72
Pickles
Veteran

It's interesting how some of the adjustments are made very public, where others aren't.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:29 (Ref:4004787)   #73
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Team Hard seem to have a plan of saving as many tyres as possible for today, hence why qualifying was so poor for them. Can't help but think it's a bit of an excuse for the fact that the VW is so slow in a straight line.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:43 (Ref:4004805)   #74
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post

Agreed, interesting to read the comments about Motorbase.

I understand why they are being made, and understand the stance of WSR. Sadly though, I fear it will just perpetuate the arguments over a lack of parity on the grid.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4004836)   #75
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Onboard lap really shows how much they've raised the Church run off, great job.