Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Aug 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4122449)   #251
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
A KFB skit. Very very strong language, so don't click if that will offend:

https://youtu.be/D_ZYajXWWw0

Not returning at JGR, just waiting for the announcements...

Guess we will be seeing Ty Gibbs and/ or JH Nemechek running Toyota Cup cars next season.
Old 10 Aug 2022, 19:17 (Ref:4122459)   #252
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Gragson now announced in the #42.

Needs to mature in my eyes, but then there's plenty that need to mature!
Old 14 Aug 2022, 08:09 (Ref:4122737)   #253
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
A KFB skit. Very very strong language, so don't click if that will offend:

https://youtu.be/D_ZYajXWWw0
That was glorious

On a different topic, I think Richmond might the most boring track on the schedule right now. The truck race was a proper snoozefest, much like every race at Richmond the past couple of years.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 22:29 (Ref:4122813)   #254
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Think I have to agree. That was ditch water dull, these new cars seem to make things more interesting at some tracks but suck at others.

Somebody seems to have pressed the on button on Harvick, way better than the rest today, looks like the old man is back on form!
Old 18 Aug 2022, 22:24 (Ref:4123137)   #255
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Truex's savior for making the playoffs might be Kurt Busch. Kurt has just announced that he'll be missing Watkins Glen and Daytona for sure. Those are the last two races before the playoffs start at Darlington. I don't know how close Kurt is to falling out of the top 30 in drivers points, but this for sure won't help. And even if he's still there but doesn't get cleared for Darlington, what will NASCAR do, especially if Kurt is expected to miss more races following that?
Old 19 Aug 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4123177)   #256
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I have a gut feeling that Kurt won't be back in the car for some time. Maybe next year. Clearly he's been badly affected by this impact.

Which does potentially give a life line to Truex / others near the Playoff cut off.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 02:46 (Ref:4123323)   #257
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kurt ain't getting back in the car this season, possibly out of the car completely. Can't see the team covering any insurance concerns at this rate.

Kimi looked decent, car and setup book will hold him back but I would guess barring failure he will move forward. Rocky has a chance but again car/team is the limiting factor. The rest from road course series all looked pathetic as expected, Cody managed to get booted from quali for ballast coming free from the car. Unfortunately on the road tomorrow so I'll miss it.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 20:03 (Ref:4123357)   #258
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watkins Glen in the rain. This could get very interesting.

Edit - I have a feeling this is going to be quite a mess and I'm all for it

Last edited by rustyfan; 21 Aug 2022 at 20:19.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 20:23 (Ref:4123360)   #259
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pit stop on the road and wishing I was watching instead of MRN in the truck. Should be fun
Old 21 Aug 2022, 20:30 (Ref:4123361)   #260
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Too much rain now…
Old 21 Aug 2022, 20:37 (Ref:4123363)   #261
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not missing much. Back in pit lane but the radar looks clear after the current band.

I only tuned in to watch Kimi and racing at the Glen. Oh and in the process lose my NASCAR virginity. Never watched more than a handful of laps tops. Its on our TV every week but never interested me until today.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 20:43 (Ref:4123365)   #262
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Full on F1 style. They arent going to start until the rain stops. Whats the point?

SEE the sun is out now...
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:06 (Ref:4123366)   #263
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Standing water with risk of aquaplaning. As with pretty much any other series that stops the race. They wanted to start in the worse conditions, but didn’t because of that.

They’re off now.

Pretty decent start.

A few locks ups a little offs, but still green.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:10 (Ref:4123367)   #264
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not missing much. Back in pit lane but the radar looks clear after the current band.

I only tuned in to watch Kimi and racing at the Glen. Oh and in the process lose my NASCAR virginity. Never watched more than a handful of laps tops. Its on our TV every week but never interested me until today.
Kimi up to 19th.

And don’t worry about being a NASCAR novice. The moaning is the same here as in any other branch of Motorsport. Just say “why can’t they race in the rain”, “it isn’t as good as it used to be” and “the cautions are ruining the race” and you’ll seem like a real pro. My personal favorite is to moan about the coverage and the commercials.

Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:13 (Ref:4123368)   #265
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Kimi up to 19th.

And don’t worry about being a NASCAR novice. The moaning is the same here as in any other branch of Motorsport. Just say “why can’t they race in the rain”, “it isn’t as good as it used to be” and “the cautions are ruining the race” and you’ll seem like a real pro. My personal favorite is to moan about the coverage and the commercials.
You need to add - 'these are supposed to be the best drivers'.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:13 (Ref:4123369)   #266
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Kimi up to 19th.

And don’t worry about being a NASCAR novice. The moaning is the same here as in any other branch of Motorsport. Just say “why can’t they race in the rain”, “it isn’t as good as it used to be” and “the cautions are ruining the race” and you’ll seem like a real pro.

Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:16 (Ref:4123370)   #267
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Top two have built up a Decent 10s lead. And over Chase too. Impressive.

Kimi watch: 17th.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:17 (Ref:4123371)   #268
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Some slicks going on now!

Kimi watch: 14th
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:19 (Ref:4123372)   #269
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
They’re on slicks, but still 6s off pole time.

Kimi watch: dunno
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4123373)   #270
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Elliot trying to make it last before stopping…

Edit:Nah.

Kimi watch:29th
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:25 (Ref:4123374)   #271
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Kimi watch:29th
First stop under his belt.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:28 (Ref:4123375)   #272
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
First stop under his belt.
Back to 19th
Old 21 Aug 2022, 21:43 (Ref:4123376)   #273
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Elliot just got Kimi to knock him back to 10th!

Kyle had a nice move to get Dillon and McDowell I to the bus stop.

Suggestion is McDowell only needs one more stop though.
Old 21 Aug 2022, 22:07 (Ref:4123379)   #274
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The most interest this thread has seen in a while and I didn't realize Kimi was even in this one til they mentioned him being up to 9th!

Fun fact. I was at his first NASCAR test some 10 plus years ago.

This has been a pleasant race so far. Wish they had let them go a little earlier. They immediately went to look for the wet spots so that's waaaay too late!!
Old 21 Aug 2022, 22:08 (Ref:4123380)   #275
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Elliot just got Kimi to knock him back to 10th!

Kyle had a nice move to get Dillon and McDowell I to the bus stop.

Suggestion is McDowell only needs one more stop though.
*Elliott. With 2 Ts. Get it right, mate