Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jul 2001, 16:41 (Ref:117057)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frank Williams: "Those without Michael have a problem!"

Quote:
Williams pays tribute to Schumacher Senior 14 Jul 2001

Frank Williams paid the ultimate compliment to Michael Schumacher. His brother, Ralf Schumacher drives for the Anglo-German team. In today's Daily Express, the Williams team boss is quoted as saying "Those of us without Michael have a problem."
"He is the best at testing, racing, qualifying, getting the best from his engineers, from the car and the team.

"He is the fittest and the fastest. The list is endless."
This quote shows the level of respect Frank holds for Michael. Quotes like this indeed make it difficult for anyone to discredit Michael's career. Over the last year the likes of Prost, Lauda, Alan Jones, Mansell, and countless team bosses have gone on record and stated their admiration of Michael and his achievements. In fact, I can not think of a prominent figure in F1 ( past world champion, team boss etc ) who has dismissed Michael's career as anything but great. Over the next few races, we will see Michael become the winningest driver of all time. I would like to think that even critics and cynics alike, will be able to put aside their prejudices and acknowledge that they have been privaleged to witness one of the most dominant drivers ever to take the track. Good luck at Silverstone Michael!

Last edited by neutral; 14 Jul 2001 at 16:42.
Old 14 Jul 2001, 18:09 (Ref:117084)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Frank Williams: "Those without Michael have a problem!"

Quote:
Originally posted by neutral
Over the next few races, we will see Michael become the winningest driver of all time. I would like to think that even critics and cynics alike, will be able to put aside their prejudices and acknowledge that they have been privaleged to witness one of the most dominant drivers ever to take the track. Good luck at Silverstone Michael!
Tell me something I don't know
Old 14 Jul 2001, 19:06 (Ref:117102)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course sir Frank is right. I'm by no means a fan of TGF, but it would be ridiculous not to admit the simple fact: The man is brilliant.
Old 14 Jul 2001, 21:56 (Ref:117148)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quite so....
Old 14 Jul 2001, 22:17 (Ref:117155)   #5
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Agree with Frank: The man is brilliant and one of the best of the F1, but not the perfect man...
Old 14 Jul 2001, 22:19 (Ref:117156)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excuse me! I must said SIR Frank Williams.
Old 14 Jul 2001, 22:41 (Ref:117165)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
There is no "perfect man" or "woman" is there?
Old 14 Jul 2001, 23:10 (Ref:117171)   #8
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
altho i acknowlege that he is good, i still dont like him. anyway having such a dominant driver ruins a series! roll on 2005 when he's gone! mebe we'll see some more open racing!
Old 14 Jul 2001, 23:15 (Ref:117172)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
kristof14,

The problem is not he's being the dominant driver, believe me, it's not his fault. There's simply nobody to level him by now. I just hope some guys can handle this, but who knows ???
Old 14 Jul 2001, 23:48 (Ref:117184)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"anyway having such a dominant driver ruins a series!"

Hmm...so you mean we have to get rid of all the dominant and great drivers to ensure all the drivers are equal in skills to have an exciting series? Try having 22 Tarso on the grid...*yawn*

What we have to do is to raise the quality of the other drivers...its really their fault that they are not good enough...not Schumacher's fault for being better and more commited.

And nobody is perfect.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 02:48 (Ref:117204)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

As I'm in the same boat as most people (I am not a fan of TGF) I'll make this short.

Firstly, the respect from Sir Frank is nothing new. If he could afford to Sir Frank would gladly have TGF drive for him, along with every other team boss on the grid. Basically all Sir Frank said was what every other team boss and journalist thought of him.

As a driver, TGF is unequalled on todays grid, and rates highly as an all-time great. It's his off-track mannerisms that make him less popular. I equate his popularity with driving for Ferrari. If he didn't drive for Ferrari, he wouldn't be as popular. One goes with the other.

But TGF is the best out there by far. Faster, fitter and more commmitted to F1 and just plain better really.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 04:20 (Ref:117214)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How bad is his off track mannerism may i ask?

He told the media to stop bugging poor Mika about his poor performances.
He encouraged both Button and Kimi by voicing his thoughts that they are quality and talented drivers.
He played for charity matches are visit the less fortunate.
He would praise his team and reward his team if they performed well, yet encourage them when they are down.
He is realistic and at least trying not to sound arrogant.
He voiced his comments...yet would readily retract his statement if he realised his comments are wrong...
He is relatively open to the media, yet not excessively so.
He gives his opinion and views to FIA decisions and being encouraging in doing so.
He devotes his time to carry out work for FIA in safety, etc
etc etc...

He is not perfect...but how many of you know him well enough to say that his off-track mannerism is not good? At least he doesnt go whining about his team or other drivers, as do Rubens and JV, and not seek attention through the press by accepting a big interview every race like DC does.

It is not his off track mannerism that makes him less popular...its his past...and those who dislike him are really digging at him because of that.

To that...i cant stop you...but advice that lets just witness one of the greater drivers making history and thank him for at least making F1 less boring a place with his inspiring drive every now and then...
Stop living in the past...MS now is a better guy than ever.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 04:40 (Ref:117215)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
There is no "perfect man" or "woman" is there?
You go your way, I'll take Kim Bassinger!! She is perfect.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 06:48 (Ref:117224)   #14
Blackjack21
Rookie

Blackjack21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

He may be the best at testing, racing, qualifying, getting the best from his engineers, from the car and the team. However, as a human being he is an absolute failure.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 07:32 (Ref:117231)   #15
Gt_R
Veteran

I really do not see your point of him being a failure as a human...

He is enjoying life as a father of 2 adorable kids, and husband of a lovely wife.
He has a supportive family of a mother, father and brother.
He succeeded in his dream and ambitions
He had achieved in his lifetime more than most of us ever could in 2.

Who are we, me and you, to say he is a failure as a human being? Unless of course your first name is God...
Old 15 Jul 2001, 10:43 (Ref:117272)   #16
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Frank Williams: "Those without Michael have a problem!"

Quote:
Originally posted by neutral

I would like to think that even critics and cynics alike, will be able to put aside their prejudices and acknowledge that they have been privaleged to witness one of the most dominant drivers ever to take the track.
I've no prejudices but facts against him.

The cheating TGF is perfectly suited to this cheated F1, and be sure that seeing this trash is not a privilege, but at least a very disgusting and annoying thing!

BTW, Sir Frank is in the business and, like all the others, suits it.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 10:50 (Ref:117276)   #17
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
thank him for at least making F1 less boring a place

How can you write such a thing? With his domination imposed by politics he made this f1 the most boring ever! No real competition is allowed in F1 in present days!

BTW, you can't pretend that an image rebuilding must cancel years and years of history.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 15:06 (Ref:117328)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

RunFree: "I've no prejudices (...) against him."

And i wonder how can you write such a thing?

Sure...so i suppose having Mika 30s ahead is more interesting?
Tell me...with no real competition allowed today in F1...how on earth did Mika find himself in 1st? How did JPM get through?

You cant blame Michael for not making F1 exciting...u cant expect him to slow down his pace to just allow Jacques to catch up can u?
Old 15 Jul 2001, 21:24 (Ref:117426)   #19
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 in general is borin at the moment, the whole thing is boring, boring, boring!!!!! touring cars is the best series at the moment!!! races are much more exciting and teams are more open towards fans!
Old 16 Jul 2001, 11:56 (Ref:117706)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey there folks!! I'm Tristan and if, like me, you've just joined this thread let me welcome you to another GGGRRRRRREEEEEEEAT post about..... MICHAEL SCHUMACER!!!

Yes indeed, MICHEAL SCHUMACER, our favourite topic on this forum. If you just read and don't post or ar a complete newbie, feel free to send this topic to ALL your friends and encourage THEM to be a part of this too!! Go on, why not?? What's holding you back???
Old 16 Jul 2001, 12:22 (Ref:117724)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmmm,

Considering all the backing he's been giving to Montoya does this mean he really doesn't think that JPM can do the job? I thought that was why he was hired.

Maybe Frank's just winding his superstar up. OTH he's probably getting ready to bag him
Old 17 Jul 2001, 13:35 (Ref:118299)   #22
megamiks
Rookie

megamiks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
schumie rules!

hi everybody!
i think michael schumacher rules the F1 world right now....and rightly so! that guy has it all! he has the fitness, he's undoubtedly talented, he's got the killer instinct and he's driving for the best team!
Old 17 Jul 2001, 13:40 (Ref:118305)   #23
megamiks
Rookie

too bad he didnt win at silverstone. it seemed like there was some problem with his car. did u guys see how mika overtook him? i mean, how was he able to pull that on schumie?! sure does surprise me.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 13:42 (Ref:118307)   #24
megamiks
Rookie

it's fun watching the rivalry between the schumacher brothers...and i'm sure little bro ralf will sure be catching up on michael....though not quite like michael! no one can be in his shoes....though i'm sure everyone would want 2 b....including me!
Old 17 Jul 2001, 13:45 (Ref:118310)   #25
megamiks
Rookie

i think JPM is quite promising driver....and if he learns to keep his famous temper under control, he can be dangerous!