Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2020 VASC Series?
#25 WAU - Chaz Mostert - Commodore 1 2.04%
#4 JSR - Jack Smith - Commodore 1 2.04%
#5 Tickford - Lee Holdsworth - Mustang 0 0%
#6 Tickford - Cam Waters - Mustang 2 4.08%
#7 KR - Andre Heimgartner - Mustang 0 0%
#8 BJR - Nick Percat - Commodore 0 0%
#9 Erebus - David Reynolds - Commodore 0 0%
#12 DJRTP - Fabian Coulthard - Mustang 0 0%
#14 BJR - Todd Hazelwood - Commodore 0 0%
#15 KR - Rick Kelly - Mustang 0 0%
#17 DJRTP - Scott McLaughlin - Mustang 25 51.02%
#18 Team18 - Mark Winterbottom - Commodore 0 0%
#19 Team Sydney - James Courtney - Commodore 1 2.04%
#3 TBR - Macauley Jones - Commodore 1 2.04%
#2 WAU - Bryce Fullwood - Commodore 0 0%
#23 23Red - Will Davison - Mustang 0 0%
#34 MSR - Zane Goddard/Jake Kostecki - Commodore 1 2.04%
#35 MSR - Garry Jacobson - Commodore 0 0%
#55 Tickford - Jack Le Brocq - Mustang 0 0%
#20 Team18 - Scott Pye - Commodore 0 0%
#88 RBHRT - Jamie Whincup - Commodore 5 10.20%
#22 Team Sydney - Chris Pither - Commodore 0 0%
#97 RBHRT - Shane Van Gisbergen - Commodore 12 24.49%
#99 Erebus - Anton de Pasquale - Commodore 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Sep 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3926557)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Sydney team kinda makes sense. If you could build in the Eastern Creek circuit grounds, manage external ingress an egress, tune up the security around there.. it could become a local version of Silverstone.

It would however require a metric shedload of money to get this up... especially if the other project developments’ pricing are anything to go by..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Sep 2019, 01:12 (Ref:3926771)   #327
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A Sydney team kinda makes sense...
Makes about much sense as screen door on a submarine...

Reading the comments about being able to utilise SMP for ride days and corporate events and so on, and so on, what a load of ********. How is that no different to a Melbourne team coming up and doing the same?? Just because the factory is next door, doesn't mean it's open season on track use.

Metric dollars aren't always going to equal metric results, and we've seen this with WPS and Erebus. The Metric dollar might by you some metric talent, but then you got to hope that metric talent is actually metric and not imperial, or you've then got yourself one metric white elephant....
Old 9 Sep 2019, 02:01 (Ref:3926780)   #328
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What is the alternative to mobilise some of Sydney’s 4.6m population to go to Eastern Creek? Brisbane Broncos and Melbourne Storm, and even the Sydney Swans proved that there can be a parochial crowd for a sports property if it is developed and nurtured in the appropriate manner, with the right investment and forward thinking.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 03:42 (Ref:3926795)   #329
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What is the alternative to mobilise some of Sydney’s 4.6m population to go to Eastern Creek? Brisbane Broncos and Melbourne Storm, and even the Sydney Swans proved that there can be a parochial crowd for a sports property if it is developed and nurtured in the appropriate manner, with the right investment and forward thinking.
You would be amazed how little the people who live outside Sydney & Melbourne think of this sort of stuff.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 04:34 (Ref:3926799)   #330
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm yet to come across someone who barracks for a race team, because of the location of the factory.

Usually down to the badge on the grille, the bloke or blokette behind the wheel, and the branding on the side. Usually in that exact order.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 04:47 (Ref:3926803)   #331
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm yet to come across someone who barracks for a race team, because of the location of the factory.

Usually down to the badge on the grille, the bloke or blokette behind the wheel, and the branding on the side. Usually in that exact order.

This. Very much so

It’s pretty rare to find fans who support a team just because they’re in the same city. It’s vastly different from other sports such as football.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 05:06 (Ref:3926804)   #332
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden151 View Post
lets not let the facts get in the way of this fiction. Money talks, if it wasnt for Boost dollars GRM might not have even made the grid so sadly for Garth he had to be let go.
The teams are in business to make a profit after all.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 05:21 (Ref:3927050)   #333
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word out there says Monster are no certainties to be on Cameron Waters car next year. Maybe a combined Boost/Monster team out of Sydney?
Old 10 Sep 2019, 05:30 (Ref:3927052)   #334
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Word out there says Monster are no certainties to be on Cameron Waters car next year. Maybe a combined Boost/Monster team out of Sydney?
JC had them on his helmet for a long time didn't he?

I reckon this is bad news:
https://autoaction.com.au/2019/09/10...HKNdmr5aRHAISg

Series will allow drivers to share an entry for the year... This can't really be good but is this how the Teknos and MSR's of the world survive now? Its ugly.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 05:56 (Ref:3927054)   #335
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Series will allow drivers to share an entry for the year... This can't really be good but is this how the Teknos and MSR's of the world survive now? Its ugly.
What next? Start and park?
Old 10 Sep 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3927056)   #336
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Yeah I thought NASCAR too.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3927061)   #337
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could end up being just like TCR - a new driver per team per round?
Old 10 Sep 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3927064)   #338
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Is PWR coming back? Mr Krause, where are yooooouuuuu?
Old 10 Sep 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3927088)   #339
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not sure if PWR want to come back, unless they know something we don't
Old 10 Sep 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3927118)   #340
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

This is just another sign of the series pricing itself out of existence. Change and BIG change needs to happen now ensure that the series remains a viable option for teams. Some people need to take their heads out of the sand and make some big changes to the series that should’ve happened in the last couple of year.

But no that change won’t happen soon enough and the series will continue to slowly destroy itself. I’m just not talking about the likes of Tekno (they sound like they’re destroying themselves without any help but I digress) but other teams which aren’t 888 or Penske.

Don’t label me a Supercar hater. I’m still a fan but I’m not a fan of where the category has headed. On one hand it saddens me and the other hand it just plain ****es me off.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3927222)   #341
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Don’t label me a Supercar hater. I’m still a fan but I’m not a fan of where the category has headed. On one hand it saddens me and the other hand it just plain ****es me off.
Car of the Future was supposed to make the vehicles cheaper. Being on FOXTEL was supposed to increase revenue, be it teams revenue or sponsorship. Car of the Future was supposed to attract, and more importantly retain, additional manufacturers.

So what went horribly wrong!?
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3927224)   #342
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Usually down to the badge on the grille,
Supercars are doing very little indeed to attract VW/Audi enthusiasts, BMW enthusiasts, Honda enthusiasts, Renault enthusiasts, Subaru enthusiasts, Volvo enthusiasts, Mercedes enthusiasts... Even Nissan supporters may feel dissatisfied.

As a Renault enthusiast, as a Honda enthusiast, as a Mercedes enthusiast, as a Alfitsi/Tifosi/FIAT head, you have someone to cheer on in F1. Yet in Supercars? Nothing.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 04:57 (Ref:3927268)   #343
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Supercars are doing very little indeed to attract VW/Audi enthusiasts, BMW enthusiasts, Honda enthusiasts, Renault enthusiasts, Subaru enthusiasts, Volvo enthusiasts, Mercedes enthusiasts... Even Nissan supporters may feel dissatisfied.

As a Renault enthusiast, as a Honda enthusiast, as a Mercedes enthusiast, as a Alfitsi/Tifosi/FIAT head, you have someone to cheer on in F1. Yet in Supercars? Nothing.
Supercars is still selling the "Holden vs Ford" aspect as they assume that's what people want. It was great to see an eclectic mix with Nissan, Mercedes and Volvo and personally was looking forward to BMW joining the Championship after they were rumoured to join.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 05:29 (Ref:3927270)   #344
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not sure if PWR want to come back, unless they know something we don't
They were probably the first example in Supercar of 'start and park'...
Old 11 Sep 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3927292)   #345
hdt05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
hdt05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

So as a Holden enthusiast does this mean I have nothing to cheer on in f1 as my brand is not represented. Many of us don’t need a brand to support in order to enjoy or follow a series.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3927302)   #346
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Exactly, you can like one make in one series and a different one in another. And some just like watching the racing
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3927349)   #347
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
They were probably the first example in Supercar of 'start and park'...
Marcus Marshall?
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3927352)   #348
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdt05 View Post
So as a Holden enthusiast does this mean I have nothing to cheer on in f1 as my brand is not represented.

Regardless, just as General Motors have never found F1 attractive (despite the huge success of Ford in F1)... Supercars have failed to make the series an attractive proposition to manufacturers.

Either the costs are too high, the return is too low, or both of the above.

It should be affordable to produce and enter a Toyota Camry powered by Toyota's twin-turbo V35A-FTS V6 in the Supercars series. Yet it is not.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 11 Sep 2019 at 12:18.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3927354)   #349
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Exactly, you can like one make in one series and a different one in another. And some just like watching the racing
When I went to Surfers Paradise in '05 I was asked if I was a Ford or a Holden fan. 'I drive a BMW, why would I lower myself?' was the reply.

It's nice to have something to support, although the impression I've always had with V8s was the teams were more important on the whole, and the important thing was the racing was good. The current brand isn't quite managing either of those things.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3927361)   #350
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
When I went to Surfers Paradise in '05 I was asked if I was a Ford or a Holden fan. 'I drive a BMW, why would I lower myself?' was the reply.
A relative visiting from W.A. recently stated that the only rivalry between brands in his area was Toyota or Nissan. When I mentioned Land Rovers, his comment was - 'yeah but their just for cities, and no good off road'!