Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you vote as the driver of the Japanese Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 8 25.00%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 1 3.13%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 19 59.38%
Sergio Pérez 2 6.25%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Nico Hülkenberg 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 1 3.13%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 1 3.13%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Brendon Hartley 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Sergey Sirotkin 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Oct 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3855097)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Japanese Grand Prix 2018

Who do you vote as the driver of the Japanese Grand Prix?
Old 7 Oct 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3855112)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
For the second week in a row I'm giving it to a RBR driver who made a brilliant recovery from a bad grid position. This time to Danny
Old 7 Oct 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3855178)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ricci put on a good show and gets my vote this time
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:04 (Ref:3855187)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo. Excellent drive. It would be good to see him have one last podium before he disappears into obscurity with Renault.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3855189)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo, 15th to 4th after yesterday's disastrous qualifying session.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3855199)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
another near perfect drive from LH. for a driver with a giant ego/personality (as most of the good ones have) he sure doesnt let it trip him up on track.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3855201)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
another near perfect drive from LH. for a driver with a giant ego/personality (as most of the good ones have) he sure doesnt let it trip him up on track.
He has let his giant ego/personality trip him up in the past, when things haven't go his way.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 7 Oct 2018 at 13:57.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3855202)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But 6 wins out of the last 7 races bears out what chilli says...... The past is only there for reference, at the moment at least.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3855208)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But 6 wins out of the last 7 races bears out what chilli says...... The past is only there for reference, at the moment at least.
indeed. for the moment at least, the petulance of his past seems to be well in his past.

his hair is still the worst though. he should wear his helmet more.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3855209)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Hamilton is a true out and out racer, it's just that when things haven't gone his way, he can get sulky, though this season he has shown a lot less of that side of himself.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3855227)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess they all have different temperaments, particularly the very best. I confess I don't care too much for the hair and the tattoos and the emotions, but it doesn't really matter when you drive race after race without error and have the 'best of the rest' making mistakes in your wake...
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3855243)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I guess they all have different temperaments, particularly the very best. I confess I don't care too much for the hair and the tattoos and the emotions, but it doesn't really matter when you drive race after race without error and have the 'best of the rest' making mistakes in your wake...
The tattoos are de rigueur. All sports types have them these days, from Cricket to Rugby.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3855258)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Hammy for a faultless drive, I was also waiting "finger boy" to blame Max for their coming together !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Oct 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3855297)   #14
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I'm still undecided between Perez and Sainz.

Both had to fight hard with cars in their own league to get
* the best of the rest for Sergio,
* a useful point for Carlos with a car that is known to be hard on its tires

As for the drive-trhough-the-field-drives: like I have mentioned before, I don't see those as all that geat. The top 6 have such a car advantage that you don't expect anything less than them finishing in the top 6.
Most of the opposition are not even putting up a fight.
Vettel also had no (real) difficulty to recover from 16th on lap 27 to 6th.
In that perspective, no, I don't find that all very spectacular. Not with Vettel, Verstappen, Bottas, Hamilton or Raikkonnen in previous races either.

Last edited by gert; 7 Oct 2018 at 21:27.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 03:27 (Ref:3855330)   #15
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis. Kudos to Leclerc for the quote.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 04:05 (Ref:3855339)   #16
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi.....because.....umm..err...hmmm....ahhh....because he is Finnish. Surely he would have been on the podium (maybe even the top step) if Mad Max hadn’t screw that up and smash the side of Kimi’s car with his immaturity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 Oct 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3855363)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was tempted to vote for Lewis (after all, what more could we expect him to do?) but in the end went for Dan the Man.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3855471)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I had to give it to Lewis, but Dan the man did a fantastic job...
Old 9 Oct 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3855608)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo - started way back and finished ahead of both Ferraris.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 02:13 (Ref:3855809)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I'm still undecided between Perez and Sainz.

Both had to fight hard with cars in their own league to get
* the best of the rest for Sergio,
* a useful point for Carlos with a car that is known to be hard on its tires

As for the drive-trhough-the-field-drives: like I have mentioned before, I don't see those as all that geat. The top 6 have such a car advantage that you don't expect anything less than them finishing in the top 6.
Most of the opposition are not even putting up a fight.
Vettel also had no (real) difficulty to recover from 16th on lap 27 to 6th.
In that perspective, no, I don't find that all very spectacular. Not with Vettel, Verstappen, Bottas, Hamilton or Raikkonnen in previous races either.
Good post for coming at this from.a different perespective than most.

I also thought Sainz drove great. I hope he can keep it up over the last 5.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 03:43 (Ref:3855818)   #21
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I was tempted to vote for Lewis (after all, what more could we expect him to do?) but in the end went for Dan the Man.
'Very nice of you to vote for Mssr Gurney posthumously.

jimclark
Old 10 Oct 2018, 03:52 (Ref:3855819)   #22
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I also thought Sainz drove great. I hope he can keep it up over the last 5.

Psssst....(whispering)....'a little secret...it's the last 4....

jimclark
Old 10 Oct 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3856006)   #23
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Very nice of you to vote for Mssr Gurney posthumously.
OK then. "Dan the Other Man".
Old 10 Oct 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3856023)   #24
jimclark
Veteran

United States

jimclark
Old 11 Oct 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3856146)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Desperate Dan.....?

Ah no, that was Desperate Seb, wasn't it......