Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2645358)   #926
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I guess that the last couple of rounds clashing are not a major problem. There were 3 different drivers in the "lead" Civic last season, so I suppose the team might not mind chopping and changing if necessary.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2645367)   #927
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if i'd want to see herbert in the 2nd honda if he's going to miss the last 2 rounds to be honest. There's so many drivers without a seat surely it'd be better to get them in for the whole season?!?
Old 5 Mar 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2645620)   #928
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
The two clashes at the end of the season are mentioned in that same Autosport story.
Thanks for that, I just read the headline and not the story up to now.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2645692)   #929
kimbo
Rookie

England
West Sussex
kimbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan View Post
I'm not sure if i'd want to see herbert in the 2nd honda if he's going to miss the last 2 rounds to be honest. There's so many drivers without a seat surely it'd be better to get them in for the whole season?!?
The problem isn't drivers without seats, it's drivers (and teams) without budgets.
Herbert is a 'name'. He's marketable because joe public knows who he is. If he can be used to bring sponsorship in to a team, then all well and good.

Kim
Old 5 Mar 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2645702)   #930
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
There were 3 different drivers in the "lead" Civic last season.
3 drivers but only 1 could be considered a lead driver in James Thompson
Old 5 Mar 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2645728)   #931
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
3 drivers but only 1 could be considered a lead driver in James Thompson
I thought Shedden did ok..
Old 5 Mar 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2645737)   #932
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No matter what you think of Neil's driving he's good enough to be Dynamic's lead driver, though.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2645761)   #933
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
No matter what you think of Neil's driving he's good enough to be Dynamic's lead driver, though.
You mean Neal ? Matt Neal ? He will always be team leader at Dynamics as he and dad Steve Neal pay the bills there !
Old 6 Mar 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2646021)   #934
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
You mean Neal ? Matt Neal ? He will always be team leader at Dynamics as he and dad Steve Neal pay the bills there !
Yes, Neal. The point is that chopping and changing the second car isn't as much as an issue as when Pinkney was with the team.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2646251)   #935
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
The point is that chopping and changing the second car isn't as much as an issue as when Pinkney was with the team.
Sorry, I'm not very well today. Can you explain what you mean by that?
Old 6 Mar 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2646278)   #936
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Ben at AmD Essex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evening all,

just updated the AmD Milltek Racing blog with some great updates.

http://www.amdessex.com/btcc.blog.cfm

Thanks

Ben
Old 6 Mar 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2646292)   #937
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic stuff Ben... have to say once again what a brilliant idea the picture blog has been... and again if anyone here hasn't checked it out... its a must !

[By the way, I've nothing to do with Shaun, Ben or AMD... just thrilled to bits that someone's finally decided to properly show us what goes into one of these beasts]
Old 6 Mar 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2646346)   #938
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I've nothing to do with Shaun, Ben or AMD... just thrilled to bits that someone's finally decided to properly show us what goes into one of these beasts]
So am i! I never quite appreciated how much hard work and dedication goes into making a touring car. Now i do. If the VW ever is in the lightest of scrapes, i'll feel for you guys
Old 7 Mar 2010, 00:08 (Ref:2646403)   #939
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The blog really is fantastic. A lot of work has been put into that car, and it looks really impressive. Thanks for showing us exactly how you've done it, certainly makes us fans feel more connected to the sport. I'm definitely going to be rooting for you guys.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2646540)   #940
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agreed the blog is great. hope you guys come to knockhill in september, Shaun if you fancy slumming it on the friday/saturday night then you are more than welcome to pop into the marshals bothy for a beer and chat
Old 7 Mar 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2646546)   #941
Ben at AmD Essex
Rookie

Ben at AmD Essex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks everyone and glad you are enjoying the blog. It is gaining alot of interest on our site and also views on a couple of other forums I have posted the blog on with higher res pics have gone through the roof!

We really have transformed the car and made it our own. Just got to see how it performs on track now.

Are you liking our new front bumper design? We think it looks amazing! Still needs afew finishing touches, like the grilles etc.

It was quite amusing reading on various websites across the web about how they thought it was ugly, when we knew all along it was never going to turn up at the BTCC looking how it arrived. Hopefully they will change their minds now

All being well there should be some more updates tomorrow.

p.s we will be at Knockhill too!
Old 7 Mar 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2646567)   #942
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was quite amusing reading on various websites across the web about how they thought it was ugly, when we knew all along it was never going to turn up at the BTCC looking how it arrived. Hopefully they will change their minds now

All being well there should be some more updates tomorrow.
p.s we will be at Knockhill too!
How much of the bodywork can you change within the regulations? I remember with the vectra's front bumper a number of road going versions had to be produced...
Old 7 Mar 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2646600)   #943
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will it sound like a golf? hehe
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2646936)   #944
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent blog. The front bumper does indeed look good.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 8 Mar 2010, 00:35 (Ref:2647138)   #945
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had forgotten about this entry. http://www.facebook.com/pages/team-w...g/205417727071
Old 8 Mar 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2647254)   #946
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another fan of the blog here, keep up the great work Ben & the others. It's involving enthusiasts like this that builds up a fanbase, well done!

I love the new frontbumper and can't wait to see it with all the bits in place. What's the reason behind the shape of the fender extensions by the way? I see the car has similar extensions to the Leon's and the STCC Audi A4's, with the backside of extension open instead of going all around it like for example the BMW's or the Ladas. Is this to prevent air from building up inside the fender?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2647480)   #947
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motorbase expected to announce their lineup this week. http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/...spx?news=sport
Old 8 Mar 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2647628)   #948
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It must be soon as most teams will start their testing this week.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2647653)   #949
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How is the grid looking? "Half full" or "half empty"?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2647709)   #950
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope it is Ben Collins in the 2nd seat, a driver i've always thought was good but hasnt really seemed to get a break since he was in British GT.
Closed Thread