Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your Top 5 Driver After 7 Races?

1. MS. Undispute: Six wins in seven races, and has made RB look very poor
2. Trulli. Wins monaco, and beat his highly rated teammate
3. Button. Consistant smoothness which translates to speed. Five podiums
4. JPM. Still strong, especially in the first four GPs. He has made RS look very poor.
5. Heidfeld. Makes the Jordan look better than it is. Give this guy a top drive!

And, yours?
Old 4 Jun 2004, 06:03 (Ref:993503)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Klien....he overtakes,he gave JPM a good rogering when he tried to pass him last race and he's never far behind Webber,all after 7 races in a box of a car.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 06:10 (Ref:993506)   #3
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with your top 4.Spot 5 belongs to Webber for making the Jag look better than it is.

The Grumpy1
Old 4 Jun 2004, 06:14 (Ref:993508)   #4
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
Klien....he overtakes,he gave JPM a good rogering when he tried to pass him last race and he's never far behind Webber,all after 7 races in a box of a car.
Klien is in my personal top 5 of the worst drivers so far, along with Baumgartner, Pantano, Massa and DaMatta...
Old 4 Jun 2004, 06:17 (Ref:993511)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Agree with your top 4 Led Zepp, i'd have Taku as number 5.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 06:28 (Ref:993521)   #6
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 MS: absolutely perfect
2 Trulli: better than Button only because he got a win
3 Button: the most consistent on the podium after MS
4 Fisichella: despite a car rthat's not a ferrari photocopy, consistently good.
5 Sato: some raw mistakes, but unquestionably a spectacular racer
Old 4 Jun 2004, 08:06 (Ref:993579)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
1. TGF - Won all but one race, love him or hate him, he still is the man all teams would have drive for them if they could afford it.
2. Button - Constantly fast and challenging the red cars -
3. Trulli - Good maiden win, and no longer being out-performed by his team-mate. Where have all the forum threads slagging him off gone this year?
4. JPM - In my list for all the overtaking, and for annoying Schumi Lite.
5. Webber - For continuing his good form from last year. Is Klein closing the gap now though?

Honourable mentions to Alonso, Heidfeld and Sato. Unable to rate Kimi or DC due to the "big bang" engines.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 08:14 (Ref:993587)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
1) TGF (as much as I hate to say it)
2) Button - quick everywhere, taking the fight to the furries.
3) Trulli - Found some race pace to go with his qually speed.
4)Sato - Fast, not afraid to actually race people on track.
5) Heidfeld - Dragging the Jordan round quicker than he has a right to.

Fisi nearly made it onto the list - he's making good use of that Sauber now. The Macs are missing as they have really driven the car enough to show what they're about. I did think about JPM but he's done too much whining and not enough racing.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 08:40 (Ref:993613)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bert seems to be closer to my list. I'd put Sato at 5 (for the reason that he's still a bit too raw) and JPM at 4 (because he is really trying).
Old 4 Jun 2004, 08:54 (Ref:993622)   #10
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2. Button
3. Trulli
4. JPM
5. Kimi
Old 4 Jun 2004, 09:32 (Ref:993656)   #11
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bleu
2. Button
3. Trulli
#1 forgotten, bleu, why?

Last edited by climb; 4 Jun 2004 at 09:33.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 09:38 (Ref:993660)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2. Button
3. Trulli
4. Montoya
5. Sato

It's obvious who's on number 1...
Old 4 Jun 2004, 09:53 (Ref:993666)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
But many a 10/10er would really like to read that name, along with the #1, on your posts ASCII
Old 4 Jun 2004, 10:07 (Ref:993677)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's an opening here but I'll leave it for someone else this time.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 10:35 (Ref:993706)   #15
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1)Michael Schumacher - it's so obvious what a great job he'd done
2)Trulli - Who says he'd be kicked by Alonso? First win too.
3)Button - Led BAR to pretty good positions. Consistent and fast and challenging the top.
4)Montoya - First few races were good...unfortunate in the last 2.
5)Sato/Webber - Sato for proving he deserve that BAR seat/Webber for dragging his car higher than where it's worth.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 10:55 (Ref:993722)   #16
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1)

2) Button - other than he's been the most consistent on the grid. Great job Jenson

3) Trulli - Consistency. That and he's been one upping Alonso all year. Resign him for next year.

4) JPM - No one can say he's not trying. Giving 110% in a not-so-good car.

5) Webber/Fisi/Hiedfield - They've all been doing well when given the chance and their cars haven't crapped out. Webber for giving Montoya a good run on occasion and putting that go-cart 2 teams in front of where it should be. Hiedfield for putting that consistently in the top 75% of the field when he can finish. And people were writing Fisi off after 3 races and he's been absolutely smokin the last few w/ the exception of Monaco .
Old 4 Jun 2004, 11:39 (Ref:993751)   #17
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
top 5 so far:
m. schumacher
button
trulli
sato
klein

bottom 5

ralf
ralf
ralf
ralf
ralf
Old 4 Jun 2004, 11:55 (Ref:993771)   #18
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top 5:
1 Michael - sad to say
2 Button - a real emergence year for him
3 Raikkonen - has put the car in places it shouldn't've been, completely outdrove DC who has much more to race for, and deserves far better
4 Trulli - Generally slightly faster and much less error-prone than the overhyped Alonso
5 Montoya - Only mistake was at the Nurburgring, but he fights on for points impressively

My top 10 would probably also have (in no particular order) Webber, Alonso, Heidfeld, Sato and da Matta.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 12:15 (Ref:993796)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top 5:

1. TGF - his usual self. Will this man ever stop winning?
2. Button - a total star.
3. Trulli - the revelation of the year, a big improvement.
4. Montoya - Giving everything he's got.
5. Davidson - one for the future.

Bottom 5:

5. Fisichella - improving but not terribly inspiring. Given that he's supposedly one of the best out there.
4. Klien - how this man got the Jag drive over Wilson, god only knows. Something about money? :confused:
3. Pantano - I feel he's better than he's showing.
2. Baumgartner - well, we expected rubbishness. Did alright at Monaco though.
1. Rafe - not only is he related to a man who is just too successful for his own good () he then drives like a baboon on an acid trip every two weeks.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 12:17 (Ref:993799)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Top 5:

TGF: too good
Jenson
Trulli

no one else worth mentioning
Old 4 Jun 2004, 12:54 (Ref:993841)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
But many a 10/10er would really like to read that name, along with the #1, on your posts ASCII

But not all of them.......
Old 4 Jun 2004, 12:57 (Ref:993843)   #22
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy

Bottom 5:
5. Fisichella - improving but not terribly inspiring. Given that he's supposedly one of the best out there.
I'm not a Fisi fanatic, but how can you rate him as worse than his teammate whom he is currently beating up on?

Anyway, my top 5, not to be a copycat...

1. TGF
2. Trulli - car isn't as good as the BARs, yet have won...
3. Button - I honestly never thought I would respect the guy!
4. JPM - going like hell in a car that just isn't up to it
5. Davidson - seems supremely quick on Fridays... wonder how he would get on when battling for position

I would like to put Sato in there, but I fear he still has a little Massa / Ralf Shuntmacher in him. The speed is there, the racecraft will (hopefully) come... Webber, Fisi, Alonso, and Panis would comprise the rest of my top 10...
Old 4 Jun 2004, 14:08 (Ref:993910)   #23
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
But not all of them.......
In any case I wouldn't start a thread upon it; mine was just a very little, albeit tasteful for us the Tifosi, point.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 15:19 (Ref:993963)   #24
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TGF
Button/Trulli (I can't separate them)
Webber
Heidfeld
Old 4 Jun 2004, 15:37 (Ref:993973)   #25
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2. Trulli, not the best car at all, being a good driver is an asset.
3. Button, regularly at the podium, but he needs to be a bit stronger, mentally I mean.
4. Monty... the worst BMW-powered-f1 performance EVER! though he is just trying to give his best.
5. Sato This is HONDA's year... and same as Button, improve the ability to work under great pressure

didn't wrote the name of the guy in #1 spot... It's too boring!