Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2003, 09:31 (Ref:657689)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Summer testing ban - Williams will make hay!

What a perfect time for Williams to get the package just right - Bridgestone will respond for sure, but they only have two days to test any new solutions and then we're into a run of four races (or is it three?) with no testing allowed. By that time Williams may have an unbeatable lead and the WDC should be a tight four-way battle (come on JPM! Hang in there Kimi!). Perfect.

The new Williams gearbox is going to get some testing miles, so I've read - so they aren't anywhere near the limit of their development on the FW25... this is the gearbox that the car was designed for.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 09:35 (Ref:657695)   #2
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its all looking good isn't it, make hay while the sun shines, and i hope it does at Silverstone.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 09:43 (Ref:657707)   #3
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
things are looking up for those williams guys, and its about time, and with some luck will make this season all that much more interesting!!
Old 10 Jul 2003, 10:28 (Ref:657727)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Williams might be better not to risk the new gearbox before Monza - one ill-timed failure could screw up their title efforts. Besides, the old one seems to be working okay.

They do certainly have a performance advantage at present, but I doubt they'll be on top at the Hungaroring, because that track always seems to suit Feraris, even poorer ones.

To be honest, I think Kimi's hopes are shot now - the nurburgring failure has put a real downer on his efforts. They haven't been on the podium for 3 races, and haven't won for 8 - last eyar's car is really handicapping them now.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 10:38 (Ref:657744)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I agree about McLaren - I'm only shouting for them because I've got £200 coming my way if Kimi wins! Looked like a good beta after a ccoule of races, doesn't look so hopeful now.

Williams are only just starting with this new gearbox - they not race it this year even, especially if they still have an advantage all-round.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 20:29 (Ref:658227)   #6
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt say Williams has an advantage all-round. At the moment, maybe. But not for the long run. McLaren will get their act together, again. Bridgestone will pull their head out...
Renault are still a few steps away, but have the ability to challenge the top 3. Its going to be exciting!
Old 10 Jul 2003, 20:59 (Ref:658254)   #7
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it great to see finally see a challenge to the red cars recent domination.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 21:04 (Ref:658258)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
They do certainly have a performance advantage at present, but I doubt they'll be on top at the Hungaroring, because that track always seems to suit Feraris, even poorer ones.

So what?
It suited the Arrows just fine too back in '97...
Old 10 Jul 2003, 21:04 (Ref:658259)   #9
jbisminesothere
Rookie

United Kingdom
the middle of nowhere
jbisminesothere should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Jones
Isn't it great to see finally see a challenge to the red cars recent domination.
Yep def!!! as long as we dont get williams domination!!! keep it tight till the end!!
Old 10 Jul 2003, 22:01 (Ref:658296)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Boots is just saying that Ferrari go well there even if there car isn't the class of the field. Maybe a combination of driver/strategy and low speed. So what? Well perhaps that will be the same this year. And that could be very important when defending this small lead that they have in both championships.

Each race counts in the close championship we have this year and picking up on little things like that may make the difference between Ferrari winning or losing the championship.
Old 12 Jul 2003, 06:56 (Ref:659379)   #11
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will be the primary beneficiaries of the testing ban? Williams because their rivals won't be able to test, or the teams that opted for Friday am testing (Renault and Jaguar in particular).
?