Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2022, 16:07 (Ref:4127978)   #2826
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
"The multi-year extension also cements Sky as the official broadcaster of F1 in all Sky markets, with Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland, Austria and Switzerland retaining rights until the end of 2027 with greater exclusivity.

As part of the award-winning coverage, all races, qualifying and practice sessions will continue to be exclusively live on Sky Sports F1, while live home nation races and highlights of all other races will be shared on free-to-air."
OK, thanks for confirming. There was no way I was going to subscribe!
Old 2 Oct 2022, 16:37 (Ref:4128435)   #2827
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Sky Sports F1 confirmed as the exclusive home of F1 for UK broadcasting out to 2029.
Bugger. I was hoping it'd all be back on free to air. I guess I'll just carry on watching less F1 than I used to.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4128466)   #2828
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love highlights anyway, doesn't everyone......?
Old 5 Oct 2022, 08:08 (Ref:4128728)   #2829
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I love highlights anyway, doesn't everyone......?
The evening highlights suit me as I am usually at an event during the day anyway. I would prefer the highlights to be shorter, less crap before the start and after for a start.
Life is too short!
Does anyone want to spend 20 Sunday afternoons in front of the box?
Old 5 Oct 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4128734)   #2830
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s more fun watching it live though, you are less likely to know what happens next
Old 5 Oct 2022, 13:19 (Ref:4128756)   #2831
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Does anyone want to spend 20 Sunday afternoons in front of the box?
Sunday evenings suit me as well. Luckily that is when most of the races are on where I live.

Can't wait for 24 races next year. A good test for teams and drivers.
Old 9 Oct 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4129427)   #2832
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seriously fed up. Really busy weekend, loads of stuff to do today, no way I could be up to see it live so put Sky sports listings on, waited until after "post race", after "Kravitz talks drivel" and a couple of minutes after "Replay" put F1 on,got 45 minutes of fawning and gurning then 2 minutes "highlights". Since when does a replay begin after the end?
Old 9 Oct 2022, 14:05 (Ref:4129480)   #2833
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is live sport, so TV schedules can, & do, change.

As the race was delayed, due to the weather conditions, it meant that the after race programs also got delayed.

Remember that a broadcasters contract with the promotoers will specify what is shown, in terms of analysis and features as well as live action.

I thought the Sky team did a good job in the circumstances today.
Old 9 Oct 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4129523)   #2834
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I refuse to pay Sky to watch and C4 ran the event over lunch time when I was out at a motorsport event and was expecting it to be this evening.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4129707)   #2835
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I refuse to pay Sky to watch and C4 ran the event over lunch time when I was out at a motorsport event and was expecting it to be this evening.
If it's an early morning event on UK time, the highlights will be around midday/early afternoon. They did the same with the OZ GP this year
Old 11 Oct 2022, 15:39 (Ref:4129920)   #2836
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thought Button was great in the booth and his style helped to keep Crofty from being overly excitable.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 20:59 (Ref:4129952)   #2837
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Agree. Feels like a more charming McNish with oodles of experience to help communicate what's actually going on and not weird theories
Old 30 Oct 2022, 18:44 (Ref:4132075)   #2838
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems that Kravitz has "upset" verstappen and Red Bull, by commenting that they won the championship lest year because of their "Cheating".

Well done by Kravitz for sayign what most people who are not red bull fanatics were thinking.

It could be said that the reaction from Verstappen and his team is a sign they know that Kravitz was correct in his statement.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4132077)   #2839
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TBH the Sky coverage has become really stale. I quite liked that Crofty when he started but now hes really annoying. Kravitz is good, i dont have an opinion on what hes said.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4132078)   #2840
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently Christian has decided he won't speak to Sky Sports anymore because of Teds comments.

I am deeply upset about this and not sure how I'll cope.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 19:01 (Ref:4132080)   #2841
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Cry harder Ted, cry harder.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4132081)   #2842
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ted has the most positive contribution to the sky coverage all year.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 20:21 (Ref:4132091)   #2843
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Well done by Kravitz for sayign what most people who are not red bull fanatics were thinking.

It could be said that the reaction from Verstappen and his team is a sign they know that Kravitz was correct in his statement.

This post made my day!

Richard
Old 31 Oct 2022, 00:49 (Ref:4132132)   #2844
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I logged in this morning expecting more than six posts on Boycottgate
Old 31 Oct 2022, 07:34 (Ref:4132148)   #2845
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm waiting for the moment Horner demands to see the manager.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4132161)   #2846
S griffin
Veteran

Considering Horner has been described as a 'Windbag who wants to be on camera', Sky must really have hit a nerve if he doesn't want to talk to them. I see quite a few are happy they don't have to listen to Whinger Spice for once
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:11 (Ref:4132163)   #2847
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it means we don't have to listen to Horner demanding an apology from the opposition because he cheated, I'm all for it.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4132164)   #2848
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Perhaps it is simply that Red Bull don't think that the finale to last season was at all controversial?

Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:53 (Ref:4132176)   #2849
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
It is definitely time to move on from AD21 though
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:53 (Ref:4132177)   #2850
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any idea where Steve Jones has got to? Lee is very good and I like her, just curious since he hasn't been around since Japan.

Tags
pinks