Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Dec 2002, 05:15 (Ref:451586)   #1
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest rumours

OK, I've been debating whether to share this info or not, but probably better out than in !! (apologies if you know this stuff, but some of it I haven't heard before)

- IMS (Imrie Motor Sports) may be in trouble next year. They were ONLY going to run their Konica team in 2003 with Team Dynamik leasing their L2 V8Supercar franchise. Fact is, Dynamik has purchased Romano's L1 franchise and forgot to tell Imrie. Romano in turn has pruchased McDugal's L2 franchise. What do IMS do next year ? They are having discussions with TWR, but they could maybe contract drivers, or become the "official" buy-a-drive team for the main series. The last two options are favoured at the moment (If the franchise doesn't run, heavy fines are involved)

- Apparently, last Friday John Faulkner sacked all his staff and is moving to Qld. Isn't he managing the HYL team next year ?? ... maybe they will be based at the Holden Performance Centre on the Gold Coast (the last bit is just a wild guess).

- Wilson HAS been confirmed as a DJR driver for 2003, no word on who he replaces.

Believe them if they want, but to quote another V8C member "you heard it here first!"

From Laser(rebadged 323)@ V8 Central.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 05:45 (Ref:451590)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting Tricky...

The IMS one is interesting especially given that there seems to have been no intention by IMS to run a car in the main series next year. If the 107% rule isnt enforced, this car could have a "Delta Europcar" sign welded to the roof... they were a former sponsor so its a little ironic... perhaps this is Mark Noske's new home, the franchise anyway.

The JFR thing has been coming for a while. The Queensland option has been on the cards for a long time, indeed I thought it was the JFR workshop that was in AA the last 2 weeks for sale... it surely looked like it from the inside anyway... why do you need a Vic based crew if the operation is on the move to Rusty-land?

From what I understand, the JFR Konica team wont be using TWRA (or is that now HRO) Commodores, instead running the 2 JFR cars in the Konica series. Odd to me considering there are a glut of them around
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:15 (Ref:451598)   #3
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is JFR's workshop for sale and they officially close shop on Friday 20th.As for sacking the staff most have left anyway as they are able to see the writing on the wall.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:31 (Ref:451608)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the Holden Performance Driving Centre? Hrmmm, I do believe Paul Morris is firmly set up there, and not about to move...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:44 (Ref:451615)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would imagine there may be a closer working relationship with the Romanos than with Paul Morris for JFR. Perhaps thats why John and the boys are on the move to Rusty-land
Old 17 Dec 2002, 08:54 (Ref:451672)   #6
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JF is moving to QLD because his wifes parents live up there but hey the choice of location at Runaway Bay sure sounds appropriate. Sorry to dispell some great scoop that there is a hidden agenda

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 17 Dec 2002, 09:03 (Ref:451680)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A scoop? I dont think so...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 09:05 (Ref:451681)   #8
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Dean Canto will be racing at Betta Electrical next year, and does that mean, or can that mean that the CAT Falcon is completely done with, now that the sponsorship is supposedly going to a Holden Team?

Thats my say.

Tom.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 09:08 (Ref:451684)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Considering Briggs was on the front page of AA last week saying the team was dropping back to 2 cars because they didnt have a 3rd franchise, and that CAT were going elsewhere anyway, I'd call it a safe bet twig
Old 17 Dec 2002, 11:41 (Ref:451736)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Wilson is in at DJR, Canto at Briggs, where will Radisich end up as Besnard is apparently at 00?
Old 17 Dec 2002, 11:46 (Ref:451742)   #11
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in NZ ???
Old 17 Dec 2002, 11:55 (Ref:451754)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
We can only hope RaceTime...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:09 (Ref:451774)   #13
RaceTime
Veteran

Hehe - Number Eighteen in the 'Whats happened to Shell and DJR' thread obviously doesn't believe that
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:32 (Ref:451795)   #14
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought CAT's money was going to Prodrive/00/FPV (or whatever they're called)?
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:35 (Ref:451799)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a fair possibility that Radisich will be given the coke and sars from everyone and wind up racing Goggo Mobiles back in Europe. Stranger things have, and probably will happen
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:38 (Ref:451803)   #16
RaceTime
Veteran

Doesn't Minardi still require a driver? Or maybe Arrows???
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:51 (Ref:451810)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Interesting that Michael Schumacher recently did a 'test' for Minardi... now there's a combo I'd like to see!
Old 17 Dec 2002, 13:06 (Ref:451821)   #18
RaceTime
Veteran

Was this the recently introduced FIA Approved Hip Pocket Fat Wallet test?

As I understand it Minardi couln;t come up with a driver with a thick enough wallet - so asked Michael as a favour and promised to stay out of his way in 2003.

BTW _ Minardi have announced Brit Justin Wilson as one of their drivers for 2003.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 21:38 (Ref:452120)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So here's an interesting problem, PWR have their L2 franchise up for sale (P9 AA)... so does this mean HRO is a 5 car team next season or are there other franchises in play we have no public knowledge of?

GSR, LRT, RNR & IMS all have free spaces for 2003, but Mark Noske's new Ford team will need one of those too, or indeed the PWR one, so this is way I see it:

Free franchise seats: GSR, LRT, RNR, IMS, PWR, Romano

Unfranchised drivers: Weel/Bright (HRO), Noske

More franchises than drivers, sounds like a franchise buyers market...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 22:15 (Ref:452166)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Now Noske is a Melbourne based Ford team, but I suppose they will want to do their own thing and not have much to do with Seton..?

And I think the Romano one has been taken by Dynamik.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 22:20 (Ref:452172)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This stuff is doing my head in...

Not sure of a relationship between Noske and Seton, it seems Noske has a fully funded deal, not sure of the franchise however.

Romano sold their L1 to Team Dynamik, and bought McDougall's L2 in its place, so they have a free seat, which they may or may not fill themselves.... and certainly not with Paul, apparently he is persona non grata..
Old 18 Dec 2002, 00:02 (Ref:452242)   #22
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Tricky, but I hope next time you actually get my permission before posting my stuff on another forum ... it would only take an email and 5 seconds !

MODERATORS, what usually happens in this case ?
Old 18 Dec 2002, 00:05 (Ref:452247)   #23
laser
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
[B]Interesting Tricky...

The IMS one is interesting especially given that there seems to have been no intention by IMS to run a car in the main series next year.
If you read my post properly, they had no intention on running a car, because they knew they were leasing the franchise - pretty simple I reckon
Old 18 Dec 2002, 00:11 (Ref:452249)   #24
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by laser
Thanks Tricky, but I hope next time you actually get my permission before posting my stuff on another forum ... it would only take an email and 5 seconds !

MODERATORS, what usually happens in this case ?
For Christ's sake get real. My stuff gets used all over the place without even a TY, let alone permission.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 00:19 (Ref:452255)   #25
laser
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tricky
For Christ's sake get real. My stuff gets used all over the place without even a TY, let alone permission.
OK, so that makes it perfectly reasonable to carry on the process ?? Fairly simple - just ask permission first.