Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Sep 2018, 03:05 (Ref:3849767)   #101
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dang. I live about an hour from the track and mine didn't arrive yet.
Grrrrr

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Sep 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3850359)   #102
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
85 north

Old 15 Sep 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3850409)   #103
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
85 north

Soooooon! Under a month. I'll order my ticket, now.
Old 15 Sep 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3850421)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
85 north

I missed it on Peachtree twice in Atlanta this week, was surprised to see it in town
Old 16 Sep 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3850470)   #105
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Dang. I live about an hour from the track and mine didn't arrive yet.
Grrrrr

Haven't gotten mine yet either. I'm getting excited though.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3851042)   #106
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Haven't gotten mine yet either. I'm getting excited though.
Mine arrived on Saturday.
Next thing to do is start obsessing over the the weather forecast once we get a couple weeks out

Old 17 Sep 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3851116)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Mine arrived on Saturday.
Next thing to do is start obsessing over the the weather forecast once we get a couple weeks out

Don't obsess. It's going to be dry, warm, cold, wet, windy, cloudy, calm and clear. That's all in day 1...
Old 17 Sep 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3851125)   #108
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Don't obsess. It's going to be dry, warm, cold, wet, windy, cloudy, calm and clear. That's all in day 1...
Yeah, cause there's ANY chance of it being cold
Old 17 Sep 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3851137)   #109
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, cause there's ANY chance of it being cold
JP is cold when it's under 80 degrees, so it's all relative, but point taken. It is "supposed" cool off later this week.

And here we go, for scotty and the early lean on the weather. I'll take some of this, please!!

WED
OCT 10
76° /56°F
Overcast

THU
OCT 11
75° /55°
Times of sun and clouds

FRI
OCT 12
74° /54°F
Clouds and sun

SAT
OCT 13
74° /55°
Considerable cloudiness

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/at.../348181?day=26
Old 18 Sep 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3851283)   #110
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Yes!
I wish long term forecasting was spot on.
I'm claiming that one right now though

Old 19 Sep 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3851489)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got my ticket yesterday. Fwiw, it was 98 and humid here.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 00:18 (Ref:3851506)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Got my ticket yesterday. Fwiw, it was 98 and humid here.
Got mine today while I was in "almost Florida" aka St Mary's Ga for work today. It was "warm" down yonder.

Well, I think I got mine. I saw a thick envelope from Road Atlanta in the mail pile and immediately removed it to a safe location. JP knows why...
Old 20 Sep 2018, 02:18 (Ref:3851514)   #113
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Got mine today while I was in "almost Florida" aka St Mary's Ga for work today. It was "warm" down yonder.

Well, I think I got mine. I saw a thick envelope from Road Atlanta in the mail pile and immediately removed it to a safe location. JP knows why...
Is that an instrument cluster from a Chrysler?
Old 20 Sep 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3851516)   #114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Is that an instrument cluster from a Chrysler?
Yes! My rental for today!
Old 20 Sep 2018, 02:31 (Ref:3851517)   #115
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yes! My rental for today!
That actually makes me a little sad that I knew that.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3851677)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yup, just put in my vacation marker this morning. And need to start my cigar search so they can age and rest after shipping
Would you mind choosing some light, easy smoking cigars for me to try (or make some suggestions for me)? I tend to go into the store and say "give me the shittiest tasting thing you have" every time. That's why I drop to Backwoods - shitty, but smokable, for me...

Quote:
Great description. Although I like the one I came up with a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can dig that up...
Quote:
He says that as the last guy he invited to stay has stayed and now the loudmouth giant won't ever leave.
Found it. While loud mouth giant is accurate, this is just as accurate on you and what to look out or when trying to find out camp:

Just look for the previously posted Apache camper and a 6'-6" bearded cigar smoking Guinness cowboy hat wearing cooking machine and a bunch of drunks.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 22:39 (Ref:3851678)   #117
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That actually makes me a little sad that I knew that.
I was impressed, sort of

----

Looking at the poster, the motorcycle chicane at the top is missing. Wish it was gone for realz and wish they'd move the wall on the left (driver's right) back closer...

Old 21 Sep 2018, 01:12 (Ref:3851692)   #118
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I was impressed, sort of

----

Looking at the poster, the motorcycle chicane at the top is missing. Wish it was gone for realz and wish they'd move the wall on the left (driver's right) back closer...

I guess I'll take that as a compliment. People constantly use that moto runoff area to get back on track, might make more cautions to put the wall there instead.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 01:16 (Ref:3851694)   #119
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I guess I'll take that as a compliment. People constantly use that moto runoff area to get back on track, might make more cautions to put the wall there instead.
I think I'm with joeb there, it's a good keep them racing escape area and I've seen a few guys late apex and slam the wall just after the tires where it is now. Now moving the wall in to the old carts chicane that was removed? Big plus to me and gives us more space plus less swamp/stream crossing in the woods
Old 21 Sep 2018, 01:17 (Ref:3851695)   #120
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Would you mind choosing some light, easy smoking cigars for me to try (or make some suggestions for me)? I tend to go into the store and say "give me the shittiest tasting thing you have" every time. That's why I drop to Backwoods - shitty, but smokable, for me...

Found it. While loud mouth giant is accurate, this is just as accurate on you and what to look out or when trying to find out camp:

Just look for the previously posted Apache camper and a 6'-6" bearded cigar smoking Guinness cowboy hat wearing cooking machine and a bunch of drunks.
I think I can find a few things, smaller milder than my usuals I think.

And the Guinness hat has been swapped for a waxed cloth drinking hat
Old 21 Sep 2018, 01:31 (Ref:3851697)   #121
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I think I can find a few things, smaller milder than my usuals I think.

And the Guinness hat has been swapped for a waxed cloth drinking hat
what the hell is a waxed cloth hat?
Old 22 Sep 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3851902)   #122
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think I'm with joeb there, it's a good keep them racing escape area and I've seen a few guys late apex and slam the wall just after the tires where it is now. Now moving the wall in to the old carts chicane that was removed? Big plus to me and gives us more space plus less swamp/stream crossing in the woods
We need some kind of a path and a footbridge
Old 22 Sep 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3851991)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
In trackside camping news, Georgia red clay sucks. We've sprouted a few clusters of clover but apparently a couple BMWs as well
Old 22 Sep 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3852013)   #124
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Almost old Petit pace with the Whelen DP, 1:13s consistently with Reissman, Curran is co driver and set up man
Old 22 Sep 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3852018)   #125
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
In trackside camping news, Georgia red clay sucks. We've sprouted a few clusters of clover but apparently a couple BMWs as well
Looks about right. Unless you bring in a few loads of topsoil and sod, I don't think anything is changing. but that might not be a bad idea bring sod instead of hay bales!