Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Nov 2005, 01:01 (Ref:1450976)   #101
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=williamsf1]I just hope JC signed for a 1 yr deal, smashes them next year and goes for an F1 gig in 2007, and no he is not too old! if anything he has more reason to be in F1 than half the field....

JC signed a three year deal with SBR.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 3 Nov 2005, 01:06 (Ref:1450979)   #102
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=TSR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1
I just hope JC signed for a 1 yr deal, smashes them next year and goes for an F1 gig in 2007, and no he is not too old! if anything he has more reason to be in F1 than half the field....

JC signed a three year deal with SBR.
Not that that means anything.... didn't Ellery & Seton have two-year contracts with their respective teams? (I know Seto hasn't been officially dumped.... yet). Mr Courtney does seem to be a level or two above those guys, though....
Old 3 Nov 2005, 01:13 (Ref:1450986)   #103
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3yrs sad.....

oh to buy it out in 2007 and go real racing!
Old 3 Nov 2005, 01:29 (Ref:1450993)   #104
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
In todays terms really contracts are really not worth the paper there are written on.So I agree with Rombles, but I was just letteing williams f1 know how long JC signed up for.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 3 Nov 2005, 03:11 (Ref:1451031)   #105
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8
That probably had something to do with HRT struggling to find somewhere to put JC, .
they knew exactly where they wanted to put him - No. 22 - but they couldn't get him signed before Todd put the screws on them, publically, and if they weren't careful HRT would lose them both.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 04:21 (Ref:1451043)   #106
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with SRabbit, he is nothing short of exceptional.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1451398)   #107
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23770,00.html

$3 million over 3 years.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1451635)   #108
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roll on 2006!!!!
Old 4 Nov 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1451811)   #109
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this guys a talent but is he actaully worth that much in his 1st year atleast with the experience he hasnt got in the V8's ????

This is taking nothing away from the kid, I just thought i would ask the question. Thems big dollars but i guess 80% comes from Ford so the advertising will be all with the JC...LOL
Old 4 Nov 2005, 04:59 (Ref:1451814)   #110
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much do you reckon they'd offer Webber if he said he was sick of open wheelers and wanted to come home to drive V8's?...Courtney is better than him....
Old 4 Nov 2005, 05:27 (Ref:1451824)   #111
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im sure ford / SBR could pull out whenever JC doesnt perform.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 05:30 (Ref:1451826)   #112
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
How much do you reckon they'd offer Webber if he said he was sick of open wheelers and wanted to come home to drive V8's?...Courtney is better than him....
I believe Webber has made some caustic comments about V8's previously, so I wouldn't roll out the red carpet.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1451958)   #113
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I smell a Holden tratior. Let's boil it down, James joins HRT for '05 Sandown and Bathurst, saying when he was a little ankle biter, he followed Holden (see HRT video when they debut the 2005 VZ Commodore) and we fast forward to today, we see him dressed in blue and saying he drove to the SBR HQ in a Holden Commie and then drove out with a brand spanking new Ford Falcon. So, why did little Jim go from a man dressed in red to a fella in blue?
Old 4 Nov 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1452029)   #114
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
You would imagine that the marketing potential of having Webber in V8's would be enormous - I would think more than Courtney, despite any difference in talent.

And even though Webber may have been unimpressed with the V8's previously, Mr Courtney's manager said something about them being "dinosaurs", yet he was still willing to sit down and talk turkey with them when the time came. And weren't Webber's comments relating to young drivers aiming at V8's as their pinnacle of success? Therefore coming back to V8's after a career in F1 would not necessarily be contradicting that complaint. (I'm getting old, memory fuzzy, perfectly willing to back down if I'm wrong.)
Old 4 Nov 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1452056)   #115
Docker
Rookie

Docker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
I smell a Holden tratior. Let's boil it down, James joins HRT for '05 Sandown and Bathurst, saying when he was a little ankle biter, he followed Holden (see HRT video when they debut the 2005 VZ Commodore) and we fast forward to today, we see him dressed in blue and saying he drove to the SBR HQ in a Holden Commie and then drove out with a brand spanking new Ford Falcon. So, why did little Jim go from a man dressed in red to a fella in blue?

in a cuthroat competitive industry having a blind allegiance to a company with profit as an aim is stupid.

I don't understand while these Holden people buy Holden road cars when they are not up to the same standard as their rivals. I am a Ford fan but I will buy the best possibe car.

You have got to get the best for yourself.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 23:39 (Ref:1452468)   #116
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think about it. You are offered the second (or third) seat in a team owned by the lead driver, with Tom hovering. Great, political minefield. Then along comes the double championship winning team, owned by a pair of racers, which offers you the seat in its championship winning car with equal number one status with the other driver.Would it take more than a second to make up your mind? Not everything is about money. Mr Courtney has made a very intelligent choice.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 00:47 (Ref:1452505)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
And even though Webber may have been unimpressed with the V8's previously, Mr Courtney's manager said something about them being "dinosaurs", yet he was still willing to sit down and talk turkey with them when the time came.
But Mr Gow still has a vested interest in another series... in the BTCC... so calling the Aussie cars 'dinosaurs' may be seen as good for business for his own series....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Nov 2005, 02:22 (Ref:1452549)   #118
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker

I don't understand while these Holden people buy Holden road cars when they are not up to the same standard as their rivals. I am a Ford fan but I will buy the best possibe car.

You have got to get the best for yourself.
what do you mean by this quote Docker
Old 5 Nov 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1452676)   #119
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It means he likes Fords, but he'd never buy one.