Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Oct 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1448120)   #101
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
Need to have a look at some the old Pirtek liveries from the AU days but I reckon it looks a lot like them.
Can't remember the year; maybe when Bairdo was with them???
Old 31 Oct 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1448136)   #102
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that BAM didn't mention Jeld Wen in their press release at all. Referred to Courtney as driving for Bosch Motorsport.

http://www.bammedia.com.au/news_arti...p?news_id=3459
Old 31 Oct 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1448141)   #103
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems BAM are not responsible for the media for the new sponsor either....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Oct 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1448146)   #104
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
Interesting that BAM didn't mention Jeld Wen in their press release at all. Referred to Courtney as driving for Bosch Motorsport.

http://www.bammedia.com.au/news_arti...p?news_id=3459
From the above press release!

"Courtney, regarded by many as one of the most talented open-wheel drivers ever produced in this country, will drive a Falcon with major sponsorship from Jeld-Wen, the parent company of the Stegbar window and door company which has been a support sponsor of Stone Brothers Racing for a few years. "

Billy have you been getting on the turps early, tomorrows the day to get blind!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1448182)   #105
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look on the side images, it says below them "bosch motorsport"
Old 31 Oct 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1448206)   #106
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what are the chances brothers Stone had no choice but to repair Marcos's Falcon to Focus conversion he performed a Bathurst because they new car looked like...well...THAT? Could've been embarassing for all concerned
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1448242)   #107
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James63
Look on the side images, it says below them "bosch motorsport"
Read his post again, you been to the same pub.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1448283)   #108
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
Strikes me as a little odd that the new arrangement has been announced before the end of season. Makes me wonder if the end of the SBR/Pirtek marriage got a little ugly???

Maybe now that SBR has launched the Jeld-Wen livery, could Pirtek do a Super Cheap and leave Marcos in a plain blue car for the rest of the year????????
I get the feeling that the Stones HAD to show the car in next years colours, as introducing James in a Pirtek car would be ridiculous. Marcos was there in his Pirtek finest, and so it will stay to see out the year.
They're just getting a head start on branding for next year. New car, new driver, new sponsor.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1448316)   #109
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
The definite answer is only a few hours away, but does anyone know where the Autobarn SBR sponsorship rumour on Crashnet has come from? Haven't heard that one up until now.
The answer to this was that there was a promotion for SP AIR at Autobarn Springwood QLD on Saturday with a pit stop challenge on the 3UP SBR ride car. I would say that anybody driving by or stopping in seeing the ride car and the #9 caltex show car out the front would just put 2 + 2 together but sadly come up with 5
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1448902)   #110
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that the car used to present the livery was the Ford BA Prototype as driven by DJ around Bathurst in 2002. And this car had the example roll cage used by Beehag to win the tender to supply "all" the fords, before they delievered the ones to the teams which didn't have any like as much attention to detail?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1448918)   #111
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope, the car used was the SBR show car, that usually has Caltex colours. It first appeared for the Ingall announcement back in 2003. It has a exhaust tube roll cage, you never used to be able to put any lock on the steering without it busting the front gaurds, and to release the brakes you have to put your foot on the clutch
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1448925)   #112
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No but it has a beehag cage and that funny old-school steering wheel where the top spokes slant up in a Y shape. It's definately the Ford BA prototype.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1448927)   #113
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry but It definately wasn't the SBR Caltex show car.

Release the brakes? I guess when it sits there for a while they make have a tendancy to stick on but they have never done that for me.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1449621)   #114
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tell me JC has signed for only 1 yr and will still chase an F1 test.... oh for a craig gore style guy to finance the fastest guy ever to have an aussie flag next to his name!!!!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 02:29 (Ref:1450020)   #115
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit that while I think James is a great open-wheel driver, and has had success in Japanese GT, I don't know about him yet. I know he's a talented guy, but Jimmy did the bulk of the work at Sandown, qualified the car well at Bathurst for the 1000, then JC shoves it into a wall within 15 laps - sorry JC, SBR and Ford fans, but if JC is the driver for next season then don't expect much...because, while in a V8, he didn't impress me one bit.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 2 Nov 2005, 03:56 (Ref:1450053)   #116
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone poasted his first laps at Bathurst earlier in the thread - that is all you need to see to know the guy will have no problems.

I am still annoyed that he is back here - williamsf1 is right. Gorey needs to cough up some more loose change and get him a F1 3rd driver role for next season. Give it one more fully on, funded crack. WPS would hit almost every motorsport fan in the world then (just needs to sponsor Ambrose next year too....)
Old 2 Nov 2005, 03:56 (Ref:1450054)   #117
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13
I have to admit that while I think James is a great open-wheel driver, and has had success in Japanese GT, I don't know about him yet. I know he's a talented guy, but Jimmy did the bulk of the work at Sandown, qualified the car well at Bathurst for the 1000, then JC shoves it into a wall within 15 laps - sorry JC, SBR and Ford fans, but if JC is the driver for next season then don't expect much...because, while in a V8, he didn't impress me one bit.
You clearly weren't watching close enough.

In the Bathurst co-driver's session (and the first time he got reasonable laps) he was third quickest - ahead of T.Kelly, Canto, Radisich, Whincup, Winterbottom and Muller. The only guys quicker were Tander and Dumbrell.

In the race he was running easily in the top ten, before he made his mistake.

He did the car's quickest lap at Sandown, and in his first run in a V8Supercar at Phillip Island early this year, he was quicker than Jim and just half a second off Skaife.

Add to that the fact that he has been rapid in everything he's ever driven and that he comes to V8s with a junior pedigree better than any other driver, and I don't know how you could not expect him to be impressive.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 06:10 (Ref:1450084)   #118
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
exactly I wonder if neil crompton can do more for him than Gow can....

to have him in F1 as a 3rd driver in 2007 and race drive in 2008 it is still quite gettable.... hmmmm 27 and into F1 that is hardly old!!!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1450094)   #119
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Courtney and F1 is over. Full stop.

It's a shame, but as Brian Henderson would say, that's the way it is.