Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How will Liuzzi do in the next three races compared to Klien?
He will score double or more than Klien's total (6 or more) 0 0%
He will score a little more than Klien (4 or 5 points) 4 9.09%
He will score the same as Klien (3 points) 3 6.82%
He will score a little less than Klien (1 or 2 points) 23 52.27%
No points for Liuzzi (ah) 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Apr 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1276669)   #1
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How will Liuzzi compare to Klien?

With Liuzzi set to make his debut at Imola, how do you think he is going to do compared to Klien's first 3 races this year?

Of course, Klien has the advantage of his 2004 experience, but I must say I have been fairly impressed by him so far. I really don't know what to expect from Liuzzi, but I don't think after the next few GPs he will have equalled the 3 points Klien has hauled in so far... but I think it is great to see him get his first taste of an F1 race!

Perhaps one of the mods will make this post into a poll to see how 10/10 thinks the points totals are going to stack up Liuzzi vs. Klien...
Old 12 Apr 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1276732)   #2
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi comes in with only Friday testing under his belt. There might be an extra factor that RBR will start to come under pressure from other midfield teams who are making improvements to their cars, squeezing RBR out of the points. I'll be pessimistic and suggest he won't score points. But then again, I haven't actually seen Liuzzi race, so this is all just supposition on my behalf.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 23:38 (Ref:1276738)   #3
Michael RCV
Rookie

England
England
Michael RCV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he'll score abit more than Klien depending on where the Red Bull car is at on the 3 tracks.

I think he's got more talent and is faster.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:29 (Ref:1276800)   #4
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money's on a little less than Klien. Christian has the experience, and I think the car will be slowly absorbed back into the grid as more regular front runners come back on song.

Good luck to Tonio all the same!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1276922)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If he scores as much as Klien, that would probably represent much better performances. With teams like BAR and Ferrari sure to improve on reliability before long, point-scoring chances will dropp and it will be more of an achievement to get the car home in tthe top 8. I'd be more interested in a poll comparing his pace to Klien's.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1277000)   #6
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi will have the extra disadvantage of starting first in qualifying and that will set him on the backfoot from the start. Plus, I agree that RBR will probably slip down the grid as others get there arse into gear BAR,Ferrari. Perhaps he will show promise but will be lucky to score points.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1277008)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He will defo be quicker but he will score less because the cars' going backwards now season's up and running plus he look too eager to impress and maybe will shunt a bit?

Sorry Tonio
Old 13 Apr 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1277015)   #8
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave him the benefit of the doubt in scoring 1 or 2 points however like Boots said, there's almost no doubt, Ferrari and BAR will have better reliability. I'm guessing Luzzi will be lucky to break into the top 10.

I guess the better question is how he'll do compared to Coultard.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1277054)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No points for Liuzzi!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1277122)   #10
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Klien has improved quite a bit this year, and those 21 races of extra experience he has over Liuzzi will matter.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1277193)   #11
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Red Bull will score many points from either driver as the season unfolds, and his lack of experience, and more so lack of oppurtunity, will most likely result in no points for Liuzzi.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1277275)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Liuzzi will get one points finish out of his three races. If he's lucky.

However, I think he'll be pretty similar in performance to Klien. He will outdrive DC and he will get the best quali positions and perhaps race finishes, but the car will fall back into the pack at the European tracks I'd imagine.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1277277)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

However, I think he'll be pretty similar in performance to Klien. He will outdrive DC and he will get the best quali positions and perhaps race finishes.

Klien didn't outdrive DC over the piece.

I think Liuzzi may outqualify DC, but he won't be ahead at the end of the race - which is what counts.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1277332)   #14
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KB brings up a good point, and it is what I considered when starting the thread: to ask about his pace relative to Klien or his point total. In the end I went with points, because that is all that is what really matters, you can't win the WDC on pace alone, but you can win it on points regardless of who outqualified who!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1277365)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wasn't saying Klien outdrove DC per se.....I just worded that post extremely badly indeed.

Although to be fair, Klien would have been a mile ahead of DC at Bahrain, but I digress...
Old 13 Apr 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1277493)   #16
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if Liuzzi can finish the race within a few positions of DC then it'll be fair to say he's matched Klien's performance, but he'll struggle to match Klien's points tally due to the other teams having leap frogged Red Bull now.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 01:22 (Ref:1277689)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I can't realy comment on this subject but this might be worth taking a look at..Excuse me please for going a little off the subject..

http://www.formula1.com/news/2838.html

Last edited by JeremySmith; 14 Apr 2005 at 01:28.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 01:40 (Ref:1277692)   #18
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he will be quick in qualifying but will struggle in the race. I think it is a mistake to replace Klein who is performing well and has 12 months + 3 races experience behind him with a rookie, who has to learn how to drive one of these things in a race.