Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 20 Oct 2011, 13:30 (Ref:2974308)   #1
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
August's tracks

I've made sometimes some modifications of existing circuits, so I post them here. I think modifying is more interesting than drawing new fantasy circuits as you know the dimensions of the circuit and the restrictions and opportunities of that certain area.

From time to time there has been rumours about the possible return of Argentine GP. Yet, obviously no Argentine circuit could host F1 now without some modifications, and it's quite likely that when Argentine GP returns it will be on a new circuit. Potrero de los Funes would probably be the most ready Argentine circuit to host F1, only a new pit building should be build. Yet, it's a distant location, and I'm afraid its layout would provide Valencia-like boring races in F1. But because of the great landscape, I'd love to see F1 at Potrero de los Funes but it's quite unrealistic.

Besides Potrero de los Funes, I think Buenos Aires's old Grand Prix circuit could have potential to be a great venue for an F1 race. There are not many places where you can have a permanent F1 circuit so close to a huge city like Buenos Aires. Yet, FIA wouldn't probably accept the fast long corner of the '70s GP circuit and the '90s GP circuit was too slow. So I made a modification of Buenos Aires circuit.

The track follows the existing #5 track until it has a hairpin before the #5 track's left-right turns that combine it with the last straight. After that hairpin there's a short straight before esses that combine with the existing track at turn 4. Then the track follows the '90s layout but goes straight to the last hairpin from the corner where the lake extension combines with the circuit, creating a potential overtaking spot.

Google Maps said the lenght of the circuit would be 4.27 km, so it would be quite short an F1 circuit but in fact it would be a bit longer than the '90s version. Also that kind of modifications would make it a faster circuit.

I also connected the lake extension to my modification.

That would have a lenght of 7.06 km.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2987738)   #2
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that circuit near Buenos Aires? I'm heading there and I understand your summer is in December, is it there any racing going on?

BTW your edit is nice!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2987967)   #3
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Is that circuit near Buenos Aires? I'm heading there and I understand your summer is in December, is it there any racing going on?

BTW your edit is nice!
Actually, I'm from Finland and it's winter here in December, and besides I don't know much about racing in Buenos Aires. It seems that there's a Turismo Carretera race there in December 11th, whereas this year's TC 2000 race was to be held on a street circuit in downtown of Buenos Aires, but it was cancelled and I've heard it will be held next year.

Anyway, that circuit is some 10 or 15 kilometers away from downtown of Buenos Aires.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...217957&iwloc=A