Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jan 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3794560)   #26
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
A bit more vanilla than I expected. I thought we would see something similar to the Acura liveries on the shank cars last season, but I guess the freckles on the fins are an ode to that.
I'll have a hard time distinguishing those two when the car(s) is/are coming at me at speed at 17 in Sebring but I'll manage!
Old 23 Jan 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3794561)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Ricky Taylor is still gold? WTF
So is Dalziel.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3794564)   #28
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Just noticed the only all platinum driver lineup in the Proto ranks is in the #5 AER car.
#37 Jota/JCDC should have been too. How in the name of all that's holy is Rosenqvist classed as Gold?
Old 23 Jan 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3794576)   #29
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'm all about those Penske schemes.

We haven't seen the ESM cars yet what they're doing.
yeah i think the penske cars look really sharp with the livery, much better than I was expecting.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3794579)   #30
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fly out tomorrow from UK - looking forward to it !
Old 23 Jan 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3794605)   #31
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Wow, this may be my new favorite GTD Livery from Sun Energy!

Image courtesy of Sportscar365.
http://sportscar365.com/features/pho...-for-rolex-24/

Old 23 Jan 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3794608)   #32
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
First photos are in from Daytona:

Big Beemer has a big rear diffuser.

It seems that only the Ligier-based cars are running a true LM-like aero trim. Cadillacs have trim tab dive planes similar to what the LM and sprint spec Audi R18s used to run. And the Oreca based cars are running a single HD dive plane.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3794613)   #33
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'm all about those Penske schemes.

We haven't seen the ESM cars yet what they're doing.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3794614)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

That's pretty cool, even for blue and orange. Need snow blinders to look it!
Old 24 Jan 2018, 01:00 (Ref:3794630)   #35
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BAR1 wants to emulate ByKolles even in the colour. It need just a bit of yellow.

Old 24 Jan 2018, 01:45 (Ref:3794635)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
BAR1 wants to emulate ByKolles even in the colour. It need just a bit of yellow.

Maybe they can borrow some yellow from the PR1 car nextdoor.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 01:46 (Ref:3794636)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just an FYI, we will be running a Fantasy Racing Challenge again this year for IMSA. The Daytona thread can be found here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...52#post3794552

Rules are pretty simple. Pick who you think is going to win and you get the points that car scores.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 01:58 (Ref:3794638)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I didn't see this posted yet, but Magnus is doing their livestream again and the preview is great:

https://youtu.be/PBxUSqKiNnw
Old 24 Jan 2018, 02:18 (Ref:3794642)   #39
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spotter Guide v2 released

http://www.spotterguides.com/
Old 24 Jan 2018, 03:19 (Ref:3794649)   #40
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Much better than last years IMO. Did you see the other side of the car is running blue wheels?
Old 24 Jan 2018, 03:28 (Ref:3794650)   #41
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This will probably be about the 30th year of attending this race for me, my first being in 1984 (I missed some of them along the way) and I still get hyped up every year to be attending. Getting there early Thursday morning and will be back and forth throughout the week since I live only about 45 minutes away. I'm ready to do A LOT of walking and hopefully the rain holds off until late Sunday.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 04:40 (Ref:3794654)   #42
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm driving my "camper" over to NASCAR 2 for Qualifying and taking pictures on the stand they've got back there.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3794696)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
New SunEnergy1 livery is brilliant. Much better!
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3794778)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Good summary of the setup compromises for Daytona that GT cars have to make from Rick Mayer at Risi.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ma...book-rolex-24/
Old 24 Jan 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3794790)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This might be the most excited I've ever been for any Daytona, bar 2006 (because I attended...so not a fair judgement).

IMSA is just looking absolutely brilliant now days.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3794808)   #46
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Good summary of the setup compromises for Daytona that GT cars have to make from Rick Mayer at Risi.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ma...book-rolex-24/
He's a really smart dude. Engineered my 458 GT3 at St. Petersburg in 2014.

-mike
Old 24 Jan 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3794826)   #47
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Does anybody else think it is strange that there are just 2 hours of practice tomorrow before qualifying, and that is all the track time until the race? I know everyone was there for the Roar a couple weeks ago, but conditions change.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 21:36 (Ref:3794828)   #48
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Does anybody else think it is strange that there are just 2 hours of practice tomorrow before qualifying, and that is all the track time until the race? I know everyone was there for the Roar a couple weeks ago, but conditions change.
There are two additonal practice sessions after Qualifying.

A 1hr. 30m Night session on Thursday, as well as a 1 hour session on Friday before the Conti race.

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...h_011718_0.pdf
Old 24 Jan 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3794830)   #49
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
There are two additonal practice sessions after Qualifying.

A 1hr. 30m Night session on Thursday, as well as a 1 hour session on Friday before the Conti race.

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...h_011718_0.pdf
Thanks, I missed those.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 02:30 (Ref:3794857)   #50
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I've been busy preparing for my annual trip to Bathurst 12hr so I keep on forgetting this is on THIS weekend.

Starts 5.30am Sunday morning locally so I know what Im doing Sunday (in between packing the car for Bathurst as Im leaving Monday).

This should be an awesome race in all classes and the beauty is there's so many different cars that could win in any class that picking a winner is just impossible.