Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3896428)   #3026
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just found this, it might please someone here.
Attached Thumbnails
6F4C4C60-1D50-46BB-8F84-D7FED3E1473B (3).jpeg  
Old 9 Apr 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3896433)   #3027
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Just found this, it might please someone here.
C’est Moi- Jerez in 2013. We were having to use a ‘pif-paf’ chicane, and in qually I found that it could be negotiated rally style with a ‘Scandinavian flick’. Amused Marcus P, who was watching, if not the car owner!

That pic was taken in the first element, and here’s the second....
Attached Thumbnails
998021E0-2695-44DB-9C07-BC37EAF56CC8.jpg  
Old 9 Apr 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3896434)   #3028
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
BTW really ought to acknowledge the photographer, but as I’m in the middle of the Bay of Biscay at the mo, the info isn’t to hand! So apologies to him.....
Old 9 Apr 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3896435)   #3029
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike, all this time you kept the secret.... you are the Stig
Old 9 Apr 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3896441)   #3030
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Twig Chris he is the Twig . 😀
Old 9 Apr 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3896442)   #3031
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Anyone at Silverstone tomorrow?

You've scared 'em all off, Bob!

I shall be venturing onto enemy territory & heading for Techno Classica Essen (by train....).
Old 9 Apr 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3896446)   #3032
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My Prep man Ken Clarke will be there with his Ex TWR Rover.
Old 9 Apr 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3896447)   #3033
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I shall be venturing onto enemy territory & heading for Techno Classica Essen (by train....).
Just for a day, John? It always looks huge in the promos! I’ve got some road car paddock pics from Barca that I want to post, if the WiFi is fast enough. See if tablet can cope.....
Old 9 Apr 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3896457)   #3034
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Seat always have a strong presence at Barcelona Historic meeting, logical being the main Spanish manufacturer! This year was the 50th anniversary of the Seat 1430 model, so there were some on the stand and owners with theirs. Not sure which Fiat based on, however. Of interest from the racing perspective were the early and later ‘1430’ single seaters used in a domestic FF type championship. Unfortunely no pics as they were in the shade under cover, but like our FF, the early car was cigar shaped with skinny tyres, the later all ‘slicks and wings’ like a FF2000.

Neat 170kph high spec wagon and bizarre beach car....
Attached Thumbnails
FE230F32-373D-4453-9C56-88E28BB2C9B8.jpeg   E70DCFE4-9845-4489-8334-F08142C8432D.jpeg  
Old 9 Apr 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3896459)   #3035
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sweet little Seat badged 850 Spider and a collection of owner’s Seats outside- A lot of 124 Sports included!
Attached Thumbnails
C172F83A-936A-406B-98F7-BBC406E03E0E.jpeg   1B21A5A3-DD45-4809-B19B-A31A7291E6C1.jpeg  
Old 9 Apr 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3896460)   #3036
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And guess what I found in the display of owners classics! The engine compartment was factory original in spec.....
Attached Thumbnails
8FC54569-C00F-41AA-8B48-00AB6B5A7444.jpeg   DFB88F27-228E-42D8-89E8-E558B49F6229.jpeg  
Old 9 Apr 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3896467)   #3037
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Cant recognize the basis for the white wagon tho… Nice Pug, was the owner wearing a PTS anorak? Are those the famous 40 DCO M? Air flow at 45, butterflies at 40? Engraved DCO only? Famous in historic…
And no Simca, pffffff!
Old 9 Apr 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3896470)   #3038
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yellow thingy could be based on a 850. May be the 1430 is based on a Lada, based on a 124!!!
Old 10 Apr 2019, 00:35 (Ref:3896504)   #3039
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Think you are right Gerard, 124 came into my mind too
Old 10 Apr 2019, 05:50 (Ref:3896517)   #3040
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Think you are right Gerard, 124 came into my mind too
Agree. There’s also a Seat 131, in this case a ‘Diplomat’, complete with rear blinds!
Attached Thumbnails
6CC196D5-81BF-4A96-BE9F-220E3D9D5ACF.jpeg  
Old 10 Apr 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3896530)   #3041
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And last pic from Barca- seen on the rear screen of a Volvo 850R (or TR) in the Youngtimers display....
Attached Thumbnails
7102E56B-7681-4945-BAAA-1AC69BF996F6.jpeg  
Old 10 Apr 2019, 06:56 (Ref:3896531)   #3042
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Big night tonight. Delta v Bell. or other way round.Bell top of the league and looking like promotion to premiership. Delta team looking over shoulders at relegation. I'm off karting to take my mind of the game.
Old 10 Apr 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3896532)   #3043
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
This Diplomatic makes me think about the nickname of the Mirafiori… We used to call them "Merda fleurie"… The sticker on this brick brings back all the jokes made with "My Toyota is fantastic". Like Ma Toto est fantasque! I guess "fantasque" can be translated by erratic, delusional or whimsical, right? Didn't they make a worldwide contest with that at some point?
We had "Merde céleste" instead of Merc' too…
Old 10 Apr 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3896547)   #3044
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just for a day, John? It always looks huge in the promos! I’ve got some road car paddock pics from Barca that I want to post, if the WiFi is fast enough. See if tablet can cope.....
No, three days - impossible to do it one. You should put it on your 'to do' list, it really is the best.

I'm involved with concours judging tomorrow, Friday's prize giving, then the rest of the day finding material for a report - & probably a bit of shopping, but since I'm travelling by train, it's a good excuse to curtail that! I've hurt my knee too, so two days tramping round the show won't help that, it's not very comfortable for driving either, hence the train, which seems to be quite easy from Arras.
Old 10 Apr 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3896548)   #3045
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
This Diplomatic makes me think about the nickname of the Mirafiori… We used to call them "Merda fleurie"… The sticker on this brick brings back all the jokes made with "My Toyota is fantastic". Like Ma Toto est fantasque! I guess "fantasque" can be translated by erratic, delusional or whimsical, right? Didn't they make a worldwide contest with that at some point?
We had "Merde céleste" instead of Merc' too…
I saw an ad for a local classic show yesterday; there will be musical entertainment by a band called The Crappy Coyotes, which summons up all sorts of images!
Old 10 Apr 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3896549)   #3046
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
One for Mike, certainly he will tell us its sitting in his garage! Made with bits from a Scimitar, may be? Oops, address is far too long, just type Ford Capri shooting brake or Ford Capri Estate. You'll find a wonderful TR6 too.

John I'm not sorry about your knee, because I'm jealous not to be with you at Essen! Do they have Métro in Germany? Et surtout n'avale pas une saucisse de travers, ça n'arrangera rien. Na! By the way how is the rate of half a kartofel in your area…*I ask because, you know, not for me, but…
Old 10 Apr 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3896553)   #3047
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
One for Mike, certainly he will tell us its sitting in his garage! Made with bits from a Scimitar, may be? Oops, address is far too long, just type Ford Capri shooting brake or Ford Capri Estate. You'll find a wonderful TR6 too.

John I'm not sorry about your knee, because I'm jealous not to be with you at Essen! Do they have Métro in Germany? Et surtout n'avale pas une saucisse de travers, ça n'arrangera rien. Na! By the way how is the rate of half a kartofel in your area…*I ask because, you know, not for me, but…
I've got a spare ticket if you can make it before Saturday..!

...and yes, there is a Metro in Essen - I shall take it from the Bahnhof to the Messe. And yes, Michele has already advised me on where to put my 'portefeuil'! At least they cannot steal my Permis a Conduire this time as I am still waiting for my replacement after two months. Why is it something like that takes forever, but they can bash out speeding tickets immediately? Both Michele & I got done by the same unmarked car on the same day a couple of weeks ago. I've discovered he's taken to hiding behind a CWGC Cemetery, which is very bad form, but he can see you coming from about 1km away.
Old 10 Apr 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3896554)   #3048
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Big night tonight. Delta v Bell. or other way round.Bell top of the league and looking like promotion to premiership. Delta team looking over shoulders at relegation. I'm off karting to take my mind of the game.
Good idea.Going to be an interesting game.Still surprised Norwich are up at the top.
Old 10 Apr 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3896568)   #3049
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Behind a cemetery, good gracious, what a lack of respect! When we spot one we just say "Ouuuh, carrraï, oune schnayepoorrr!". Few months ago I got caught with my bike carrying as on usual my two Yorkies. I tried to explain that the female is always watching everywhere and that her ears avoid me to see the taco! The guy was so surprised that he let me go away with a simple warning… The time before I couldn't discuss with the Gatso!
Old 10 Apr 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3896614)   #3050
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could anyone here with current racing experience in the UK help to provide an answer about whether team personnel are permitted on the pit wall during the start of the race.

I ask because on Sunday at the BTCC meeting, the pit wall was deserted and I wondered why.
Closed Thread