Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Aug 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3762517)   #1
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katherine Legge

What happened to the VIR IMSA thread??? Anyhow, am I the only one who thinks she needs to take a chill pill. Seems she has been pretty quick this year, and sage drove her off on sunday, but she sure seems to be in the middle of trouble often and having issues controlling her emotions out there. Almost seems like the confines of gt racing aren't suiting her..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Aug 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3762535)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This one?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151537
Old 29 Aug 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3762541)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No mention there? Guess will have to wait until we get some TV coverage in a few weeks time
Old 29 Aug 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3762603)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
What happened to the VIR IMSA thread??? Anyhow, am I the only one who thinks she needs to take a chill pill. Seems she has been pretty quick this year, and sage drove her off on sunday, but she sure seems to be in the middle of trouble often and having issues controlling her emotions out there. Almost seems like the confines of gt racing aren't suiting her..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
She certainly can take some of the blame but drama has seemed to find her this year (how you read that is up to you). Being mostly an open wheel / Delta Wing driver in the past, she'll take a little time to adjust, but she'll be fine.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 00:31 (Ref:3765298)   #5
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
This feels like a bit of sexism bleeding through. "Control her emotions", "drama"... Sage karam squeezed her, she squeezed him, and HE got emotional and brake checked her enough to cause a wreck in the middle of a race at high speed. That's crazy.

She did have one rough race, I think mosport, where she seemingly had a blind spot, but other than she's seemed solid and quick to me.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3765472)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
This feels like a bit of sexism bleeding through. "Control her emotions", "drama"... Sage karam squeezed her, she squeezed him, and HE got emotional and brake checked her enough to cause a wreck in the middle of a race at high speed. That's crazy.

She did have one rough race, I think mosport, where she seemingly had a blind spot, but other than she's seemed solid and quick to me.
Really, so any mention of her emotions and reactions to someone being an idiot on track is sexist but other drivers it would just be the red mist? I'm thinking someone feels they have to defend things that aren't there because they feel guilty.

The rest of us accepted a long time ago she's a good race driver, full stop. No amendment or qualifier needed and evaluate her as such.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3765498)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Ha! Yeah, I've never said a male driver has had dramas.... Ever.

Sage is the drama queen in this scenario. Hope that's okay to say...

Lime Rock was a race Katherine was running into others and had other "incidents". There was at least one other race where where she's had multiple "issues".

As broadrun stated, she's been generally considered a pretty damn good racing driver; gender neutral.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3765501)   #8
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well we don't normally tell the victim of the incident to control their emotions, so it's a bit strange that one. I RWills point. Sage was the one being an arse and we have a thread saying Legge should control herself. Very odd.

Legge is better than her silver rating suggests.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3765502)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well we don't normally tell the victim of the incident to control their emotions, so it's a bit strange that one. I RWills point. Sage was the one being an arse and we have a thread saying Legge should control herself. Very odd.

Legge is better than her silver rating suggests.
She's had a rough / off year. A thread is a bit much so maybe posters should direct comments towards certain posts / comments rather than making a bland statement inferring all whom were critical of her driving of being sexist.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3765512)   #10
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
She's had a rough / off year. A thread is a bit much so maybe posters should direct comments towards certain posts / comments rather than making a bland statement inferring all whom were critical of her driving of being sexist.
Thanks akrapovic.

For this, I did address direct comments. Certain phrases used that stood out to me because they're not quite the same as I usually read of other drivers being described similarly. No bland statement toward anyone being critical. I agree she has had a race or two that wasn't good, but imo, she has been good overall this year.

But if anyone needs to "control their emotions" or not be caught up in "drama" it is definitely karam, who was at fault for this incident. So yeah, a thread about legge using those descriptions struck me as odd.
Old 9 Sep 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3765524)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Thanks akrapovic.

For this, I did address direct comments. Certain phrases used that stood out to me because they're not quite the same as I usually read of other drivers being described similarly. No bland statement toward anyone being critical. I agree she has had a race or two that wasn't good, but imo, she has been good overall this year.

But if anyone needs to "control their emotions" or not be caught up in "drama" it is definitely karam, who was at fault for this incident. So yeah, a thread about legge using those descriptions struck me as odd.
Agreed, a thread is over top, but you've referenced my comments twice now and they have been misunderstood.

Is the term "drama" sexist if used while referencing a female driver? Leigh Diffy says it almost every race he calls, but "massive" in front of it. Should I treat female drivers differently and use different terms and phrases when commenting on them because they are females?
Old 9 Sep 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3765540)   #12
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Agreed, a thread is over top, but you've referenced my comments twice now and they have been misunderstood.

Is the term "drama" sexist if used while referencing a female driver? Leigh Diffy says it almost every race he calls, but "massive" in front of it. Should I treat female drivers differently and use different terms and phrases when commenting on them because they are females?
No, and admittedly that was the weaker example to the other one. But reading the thread and seeing those together just stood out to me. I'm used to seeing stuff like that called brain fade or other terms on here, and when we're already in a thread about her over an incident that was not her fault, it just stood out more. I am not meaning any offense to you. And because of the other factors, yes, I'm sure I am misunderstanding you. Just a weird time to call out legge imo, which made me read into certain phrases that have often been described differently for similar incidents. And no, we shouldn't use different terms or phrases for female drivers, and that's what it kind of came across as happening.

I'll shut up about it now....

Karam should control his emotions from now on! And gentilozzi and those around him seem to be filled with drama!.
Old 9 Sep 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3765546)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
No, and admittedly that was the weaker example to the other one. But reading the thread and seeing those together just stood out to me. I'm used to seeing stuff like that called brain fade or other terms on here, and when we're already in a thread about her over an incident that was not her fault, it just stood out more. I am not meaning any offense to you. And because of the other factors, yes, I'm sure I am misunderstanding you. Just a weird time to call out legge imo, which made me read into certain phrases that have often been described differently for similar incidents. And no, we shouldn't use different terms or phrases for female drivers, and that's what it kind of came across as happening.

I'll shut up about it now....

Karam should control his emotions from now on! And gentilozzi and those around him seem to be filled with drama!.
All good! Just didn't want to get lumped in to something when I thought I was actually defending Katherine!

Sage continues to act like a spoiled brat, which stinks because I was hoping him to be the next American hot shoe

Dramas / incidents seem to be finding her and her team of late. Co-driving with Lally is a very strong pairing and I hoped better from them this year, but they keep having in race issues while having a strong car.

I initially was referring to LR which was admittedly one of the poorest races that I've seen from her, but not everything that has happened to them this year has been on her and neither was the VIR run in with Sage.