Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3767168)   #101
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ricciardo said something funny in his post race interview at Spa, can anyone what it was?
I assume this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tD4Ubg301k

Old 16 Sep 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3767342)   #102
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I actually meant that one he did with C4
Old 18 Sep 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3768153)   #103
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!

This is paraphrased somewhat (because I was watching after midnight) but after Eddie Jordan's podium interviews at Singapore, Australian TV went back to the studio and Alan Jones said something like "Eddie must have had a few cans of personality before the interviews"
Old 18 Sep 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3768297)   #104
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
This is paraphrased somewhat (because I was watching after midnight) but after Eddie Jordan's podium interviews at Singapore, Australian TV went back to the studio and Alan Jones said something like "Eddie must have had a few cans of personality before the interviews"
Old 29 Oct 2017, 02:19 (Ref:3777136)   #105
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
"Sport is supposed to be fun and entertaining." Chase Carey to Ted on Ted's qualifying notebook Mexico 2017.

Maybe there is still hope!
Old 29 Oct 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3777194)   #106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well hopefully Ross Brawn will come up with that solution
Old 29 Oct 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3777198)   #107
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well hopefully Ross Brawn will come up with that solution
Is that a reply to the previous post or... a quote of the week in itself!

Us fans have heaped quite a bit of hope that Ross will sort it all out. What happens if he doesn't?

Richard
Old 29 Oct 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3777199)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Is that a reply to the previous post or... a quote of the week in itself!

Us fans have heaped quite a bit of hope that Ross will sort it all out. What happens if he doesn't?

Richard
Then we continue on as we did before - blind hope, and an awful lot of moaning and complaining that it was better in the old days.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3777576)   #109
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
As quotes go, I quite liked Vettel's "Mamma Mia ! " when he got the answer "23 seconds" in response to his question "how far ahead is Kimi ?"
Old 30 Oct 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3777586)   #110
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you’ll find that is a really bad thing and reflects on him in a bad way, just like all his speaking Italian while driving for an Italian team does.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3777845)   #111
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Lewis is pining for Nico.

“It has not made things easier for me but it has made the environment a better place to work in. When you remove a negative and then replace it with a positive ; it is like having a circuit-board and you have a bad fuse, that’s the whole frikkin unit gone. When you replace that fuse, the whole thing works again,”
“I am still pushing myself to new limits. He could be here and I’d still be driving like this and he knows it. It’s like when you have been in an unhealthy relationship. You only stay in it because you love that person. It is not until that relationship ends and you get further down the line you realize. “****, that relationship was not good for me”. We are now positive as a team.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEDDo6xQL_w

28 Sept2017
Old 1 Nov 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3777965)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

I think quite frankly they were both too competitive for their own good. Lewis is being over harsh on Nico there, he always tried to be honest, even if it didn't always come out well
Old 1 Nov 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3778021)   #113
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw Lewis differently this season to previous ones. This quote however is his old self that means I have to respect his driving skills but concerning his behavior it os back to square one.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3778036)   #114
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Lewis is pining for Nico.

“It has not made things easier for me but it has made the environment a better place to work in. When you remove a negative and then replace it with a positive ; it is like having a circuit-board and you have a bad fuse, that’s the whole frikkin unit gone. When you replace that fuse, the whole thing works again,”
“I am still pushing myself to new limits. He could be here and I’d still be driving like this and he knows it. It’s like when you have been in an unhealthy relationship. You only stay in it because you love that person. It is not until that relationship ends and you get further down the line you realize. “****, that relationship was not good for me”. We are now positive as a team.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEDDo6xQL_w

28 Sept2017
bit of a weird video. its just some random guy reading something and not saying where the quote came from...or perhaps i missed that part of it.

not saying its made up (although the language used caused me pause) but a secondary source would be appreciated.

anyways, while harshly worded is it an unfair assessment of the situation that was developing within Merc?

though, aside from the language used, i could see LH saying it. maybe not from a proper interview but as something one would overhear while eavesdropping on a private conversation.

but at the same time, if it was NR who stayed on and LH who retired...would NR have described the situation any differently?
Old 1 Nov 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3778049)   #115
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
bit of a weird video. its just some random guy reading something and not saying where the quote came from...or perhaps i missed that part of it.
A YouTube channel with less than 8K subscribers? I would be suspicious as well! The channel is likely only repeating content reported elsewhere vs. original reporting. So I did a tiny bit of digging and I think this might be the original source...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/47390...sberg-ferrari/

Richard
Old 1 Nov 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3778058)   #116
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not made up and from an interview then.

good find. thanks for taking the time.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3778062)   #117
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
A YouTube channel with less than 8K subscribers? I would be suspicious as well! The channel is likely only repeating content reported elsewhere vs. original reporting. So I did a tiny bit of digging and I think this might be the original source...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/47390...sberg-ferrari/

Richard
Great work Richard.

How the heck did you dig that out?
Old 2 Nov 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3778085)   #118
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How the heck did you dig that out?
One the assumption that the direct quotes are truly direct quotes (not fabricated) and sourced from another media site... just do google search on the quote (or fragment) with double quote marks around your search criteria plus add in Lewis Hamilton for good measure. First few results included The Sun article plus another with same quotes, but attributed it to an interview with The Sun. That YouTube channel should have done the right thing and listed its source vs stealing content.

I assume this should work for most any content that is not behind a pay wall.

Richard
Old 2 Nov 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3778247)   #119
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
One the assumption that the direct quotes are truly direct quotes (not fabricated) and sourced from another media site... just do google search on the quote (or fragment) with double quote marks around your search criteria plus add in Lewis Hamilton for good measure. First few results included The Sun article plus another with same quotes, but attributed it to an interview with The Sun. That YouTube channel should have done the right thing and listed its source vs stealing content.

I assume this should work for most any content that is not behind a pay wall.

Richard
Thanks Richard.

I tried to find the video

The sentence structure and feel of the quote, to me, just felt like it had come directly from Lewis, and I posted it hoping somebody would find a better source than the original.
Old 9 Nov 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3779622)   #120
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toto Wolff about Bernie
"He is the only one who is able to sit on the other side of the world and throw a hand grenade and it actually lands in the paddock"

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132895
Old 10 Nov 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3779761)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

I wonder what he means by that?
Old 10 Nov 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3779783)   #122
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Toto Wolff about Bernie
"He is the only one who is able to sit on the other side of the world and throw a hand grenade and it actually lands in the paddock"

Quote:
I wonder what he means by that?
Clearly that contrary to popular belief, and irrespective of his size and age, BE has quite a strong and accurate throwing arm!

Richard
Old 10 Nov 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3779806)   #123
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Clearly that contrary to popular belief, and irrespective of his size and age, BE has quite a strong and accurate throwing arm!

Richard

Lord of the Rings fans will get this, but Hobbits are actually really really great at throwing rocks or, apparently in this case, grenades!
Old 10 Nov 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3779838)   #124
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Toto Wolff about Bernie

Guess the actual rock the Hobbit threw is worth preserving for posterity

Ecclestone has returned to the spotlight recently, throwing a few curveballs like suggestions "Mercedes helped Ferrari because it needed a respected rival."

Old 10 Nov 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3779839)   #125
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s a daft way to do it. The better way is to make yourself artificially slower, sandbag. It’s cheaper. No one would notice this year due to the chassis regulation changes. When the other teams catch-up you find it easier to keep ahead.

If you’re going to have a conspiracy at least have a clever one.

Here’s a link http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132895