Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Mar 2004, 05:05 (Ref:906687)   #1
Russco
Rookie

Russco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
White Elephant Resort, Mount Panorama (merged x1)

Ive been approached by the developer to purchase an apartment. does anyone no anything about the development.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 05:11 (Ref:906689)   #2
Russco
Rookie

does anyone know if this development is going ahead or has it been cancelled.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 06:31 (Ref:906715)   #3
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if it is a goer or not but if the developer is still trying to bed down buyers it must be still a reasonable way off.Usually they wont turn a sod of dirt till at least 80% is sold

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 16 Mar 2004, 06:50 (Ref:906717)   #4
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Western Advocate claimed some well off person in the paddock has already purchased a apartment, or is this uneducated Rural Press jibba jabba?

Ozfords
Old 16 Mar 2004, 07:05 (Ref:906725)   #5
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't doubt that some people are buying them ,just that they are no doubt a fair way off having the numbers to trigger construction.How you would honestly make a quid out of it is beyond me as I don't imagine that it would have a big occupancy rate and still be vacant for use by the owner at the 2 events held theire each year??Maybe I am missing something??????????Maybe thay have a rental garentee,sure sign that you are paying to much for the asset!!!!

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 16 Mar 2004, 07:54 (Ref:906740)   #6
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My information from a Bathurst resident I was talking to today is that the resort is definitely going ahead, much to the disgust of a lot of the locals.

Being in the property management game myself, I'll be honest, I just can't see how they could be a good investment. 2 weeks a year (and let's be honest, YOU'LL want to use the unit for those 2 weeks anyway) can't carry the rest of the year.
Bathurst has a good tourism industry, but not that good! I really doubt they'll have much of an occupancy rate at other times of the year.
And if you rent them out permanently, then there is no benefits to be had come race weeks.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 09:25 (Ref:906816)   #7
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "sell" we got last year (at the race) said at least two-thirds (inc. all the "good" ones were already sold. The "only two weeks" argument was met with the line that there were going to be at least 4 or 5 major events each year - I think a couple of bike events got a mention, and that the whole area was being developed into an all year round "motorsport precinct".
Also something about a driver training setup relocating - maybe from Eastern Creek (can't remember) - and a Kart track too I think he said.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 14:11 (Ref:907044)   #8
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do the actual residents of Mt Panorama know about these new race weekends, because I doubt any more large scale meetings would be given the go ahead.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 15:56 (Ref:907122)   #9
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The old drive in (just up the hill from the new resort), outside the first hump on Conrod, has been identified as the new home for the local kart track. Good idea I recon. All the 6 year olds can race on the mount for years while their parents earn enough mopney to buy a drive in the big show there (sorry, did I say that?)

I know of one person (owns a VX V8SC no more hints) who has purchased a corner unit facing up the hill, and he would love the increase in events, Im sure!
Old 16 Mar 2004, 21:32 (Ref:907543)   #10
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rear of the pits (where all the camping grounds were in previous years) were planned to be 100% level ashphalt. That leads to temp driver training centres, and temp kart tracks setup as needed.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 02:27 (Ref:907830)   #11
Russco
Rookie

Im (almost) convinced if they build the resort the returns will be there. As much as there is only two races a year, bathurst doesnt have anything that closely resembles five star accommadation. If I had the option of either staying in a 3 star place in town or on the track for an extra 20/30 dollars.
I would just love to be watching the race from a balcony and having the comforts of home only a step away.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 08:56 (Ref:907978)   #12
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mayhem
Do the actual residents of Mt Panorama know about these new race weekends, because I doubt any more large scale meetings would be given the go ahead.
I just asked a couple, but I can't type their exact reply here as the swearbot would have a meltdown!!
But in summary, no way!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 11:09 (Ref:908062)   #13
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just as I thought......
Old 19 Mar 2004, 07:02 (Ref:910330)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the proposed design that I have seen, I think this "resort" is going to look terribly out of place. Kind of like Surfers Paradise on conrod straight.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 01:38 (Ref:1996584)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In today's Sunday Telegraph, it seems the promoter's corporate vehicle Mount Panorama P/L has been placed in administration by builders Kell & Rigby allegedly for funds unpaid on 17th August.

The article suggests that the complex is close to completion, but while the legal gymnastics applies... perhaps it wont be ready for the October main race
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Aug 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1996647)   #16
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohhhh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
In today's Sunday Telegraph, it seems the promoter's corporate vehicle Mount Panorama P/L has been placed in administration by builders Kell & Rigby allegedly for funds unpaid on 17th August.

The article suggests that the complex is close to completion, but while the legal gymnastics applies... perhaps it wont be ready for the October main race
Well like it or not....its sad to hear that...most of these sort of developments are sold "off the plan" but that don't stop average construction managers stuffing up or entrepreneurs going bust.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 23:35 (Ref:1997161)   #17
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wouldn’t be too concerned about low occupancy rates up there for these properties, even without the universities demands for accommodation there is a healthy market out west.

Considering the students requirements and what is currently available in the Bathurst area one would think that these new style units will be pretty popular.

Go the Datto!!!
Old 18 Oct 2007, 03:56 (Ref:2043277)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For sale....

One Resort, unused, at the best race track in the country. Apply within

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Oct 2007, 04:23 (Ref:2043285)   #19
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The most expensive camera tower ever!!

The Channel 7 bloke looked very lonely up there during the 1000.....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 18 Oct 2007, 12:09 (Ref:2043500)   #20
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you lease them for the weekend from the owners?
Old 2 Jul 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2495028)   #21
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The resort will be open for this years race. We had a story in the local aper a few weeks ago , but I cant find the link. Mirvac has taken over the runing of the resort, although the building hasn't been sold.
http://blocks.mirvachotels.com.au/as...nt-release.pdf

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 3 Jul 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2495353)   #22
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is really good news. It is not a good look having such a huge building empty.

From a business stand point, I'm not sure how it will go, but it will look a darn sight better with people in it come raceday.

Maybe we should get Ratel back and put him up in the new motel, and see if we cant get him to bring his GT cars here and have a proper race at Bathurst!
Old 4 Jul 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2495709)   #23
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
Maybe we should get Ratel back and put him up in the new motel, and see if we cant get him to bring his GT cars here and have a proper race at Bathurst!
It could be closer than you think, if only the power brokers could get over their egos and seriously make it happen. It's been said many times before but wouldn't it be great to see FIA GT at Bathurst. Maseratis, Corvettes, Aston Martins etc and the ongoing Ferrari/Porsche battle in GT2 would be awesome.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2495727)   #24
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
It could be closer than you think, if only the power brokers could get over their egos and seriously make it happen. It's been said many times before but wouldn't it be great to see FIA GT at Bathurst. Maseratis, Corvettes, Aston Martins etc and the ongoing Ferrari/Porsche battle in GT2 would be awesome.
I love my V8supercars, but seriously, I'd much rather see FIA GT on our mountain. Having the best track in the world, with a fantastic pit complex, and now it seems, a functioning hotel to wine and dine international guests and drivers and teams... come on ! Bring us GT Ratel!!
Old 9 Jul 2009, 02:29 (Ref:2498080)   #25
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only the track met the FIA circuit rating criteria for GT2....

Great to hear the hotel will be up & operational this year though :-)