Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Jan 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1200194)   #26
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by verglas

or even an occasional Sprint at Mallory would go down well.....

Good idea!
Old 13 Jan 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1200314)   #27
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oooh, now there's a thought!
Old 14 Jan 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1200781)   #28
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
British Sprint Championship at Mallory?

I feel sure the British Sprint Championship contenders would love a crack at Mallory Park!

If one is ever planned please get in touch!

Thanks.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1201015)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So am I correct in thinking this is a good thing?

Can anybody explain who benefits from this in terms of the circuit? I thought it was thriving (as much as any circuit does) and was in a similar position to that enjoyed by Castle Combe. If so why the change and furthermore, will the breakfasts still be as good?
Old 14 Jan 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1201041)   #30
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The change is because Ron Overend wants to retire, basically, and that triggered the Overends into looking for someone to sell the lease on to. They were very keen to sell it to someone that would continue to use it for motorsport - and mainly club motorsport - and that is exactly what BARC intend to do.

There will be no wholesale changes to the track, but will look to make improvements where needed and financially viable. I wouldn't expect there to be much change in the overall number profile or mix of the race meetings held there. The current staff are to be retained.

Can't be sure about the breakfasts but that is quite an important question!
Old 14 Jan 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1201097)   #31
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe we should start a campaign to save the Mallory Breakfast.

If the breakfast suffer then will it be worth going.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1201112)   #32
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutley. One of the best there is.

As for the testing. Yes, I agree. A full day for bikes and a full day for cars would be a step forwards.

Yes. Sprints.

More use of the oval.

What ever happened to the proposed circuit extension? That was a grand design, and in my mind well worth it.

Rob.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 08:22 (Ref:1201441)   #33
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, I wish Ron a happy retirement.

Breakfasts are one of the best served at any of the British circuits. (Does this deserve a thread of its own?).

Did a sprint at MP about 20 years ago before moving into racing, take it from the comments above that sprints are no longer part of the calendar.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1201455)   #34
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As pointed out, the ownership of Mallory has not changed at all, just the operating company. Former F2 racer Chris Meek still owns it through his Postcastle Properties/Titan Group empire.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1202889)   #35
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they will get round to sorting out the surface of the paddock. Its the only thing left to do I would have thought...

......oh and yes, SAVE THE MALLORY BREKKIE.......BEST OUT OF ANY CIRCUIT IN UK.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1203268)   #36
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The brekkie,thats a blast from the past,weaned nephew Tim off the vegie list, and lets hope the atmosphere stays the same,still the friendliest track in the UK.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1203278)   #37
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
What ever happened to the proposed circuit extension? That was a grand design, and in my mind well worth it.

Rob.
Ooh - any plans of this? Though I guess the new chicane will be as far as it goes for the moment...?

Got to be hopeful for the Boxing Day races?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1203290)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There were a couple of plans...

One exited Gerard's at a tangent and went up the hill to a right hander roughly level with the Esses, then a left hander brought you back onto the Stebbe Straight before the Esses.

The other utilised the current paddock area...
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1206240)   #39
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is the official BARC press release concerning the takeover.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1206242)   #40
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
This is the official BARC press release concerning the takeover
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1206254)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that Mark. Pity they didn't spell check it. Where exactly is "Thurxton"?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1206260)   #42
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Isn't is near Landrover?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1206426)   #43
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The former pony trekking site"

I think it was actually a trotting track.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1206428)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Stephen.

As this is of interest to all uk based posters can we move it to the Trackside thread please?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1206431)   #45
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter

There is already a similar thread on Trackside wanted it on here so all marshals were aware
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1206447)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I know. But there's also a means of pointing out links. Saves having duplicate threads all over the forum.

Besides if you lot get out more you'd find others who are also keen on motorspot.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1206470)   #47
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Yup, its being moved to Trackside but I will leave a redirect here so people will know where its gone.

Stephen.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1207015)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No improvements planned is a bitsad because the lower paddock area could use a tidy up. Other than that it is a great circuit and one which is possibly more technical than you'd think.

To get a good lap time you really need to get out of Shaws quickly. Troublwe is to set the car up for that you suffer with serious understeer through Gerards. A real compromise circuit.
Old 22 Jan 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1207055)   #49
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
No improvements planned is a bitsad because the lower paddock area could use a tidy up. Other than that it is a great circuit and one which is possibly more technical than you'd think.
I don't think it is the case that no improvements are planned, just nothing wholesale at the moment. I imagine that refinements will continue to be made on an ongoing basis, as they have done in the past.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1208643)   #50
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Last Sprint?

When was the last sprint at Mallory Park?

I am trying to get details for a submission to the BARC.

Thanks.