Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Dec 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3481244)   #251
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
Obviously they rounded those numbers a little.

TF110, what I meant, in the calculator you linked you must imput altimeter pressure, this is pressure at sea level, not the pressure from the weather station, so you must add around 90 mBar to the weather station numbers, and you then get around 89% from that calculator.
I used the mBar from the race data. I took the information from the fia sites. From the live timing and from the alkamel systems post-race- http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...Meteo_Race.PDF
Old 3 Dec 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3481361)   #252
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
You are entirely incorrect - Brendon Was amongst the fastest and most consistent of the Porsche drivers - The #20 car was apparently down on boost, something we were seeing (and commenting on) from midway through the race.
I happily stand corrected.

I hosted a party with a few other people while watching the race. Happy to say I converted someone who had formerly never seen any form of sports car racing. Consequently I missed hearing some of the commentary.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3481364)   #253
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I happily stand corrected.

I hosted a party with a few other people while watching the race. Happy to say I converted someone who had formerly never seen any form of sports car racing. Consequently I missed hearing some of the commentary.
A sportscar racing party - the very best kind!
Old 3 Dec 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3481365)   #254
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TF110, AFAIUI, GasperG hints that, you've accorded for the height above sea level twice.
Once directly, by inputting altitude above sea level,
and once indirectly, by inputting the pressure as measured at the weather station
(which is at the sea level you were talking about, so already does include the lower pressure for its own altitude above sea level).

Enter an altitude of 0 and the other data from the live timing, et voila -> 89.x%.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3481368)   #255
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I know, read my post again. Data from from Fia site is from weather station at 785 m, data that you must input in calculator is sea level equivalent, because it then calculates actual pressure back with altitude data.
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ai...ure-d_462.html
Old 4 Dec 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3481685)   #256
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What exactly happened with Webber and the Ferrari? Car failure or driver failure? Can't find any details apart from reporting of the tv footage.
Thanks.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3481689)   #257
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I can't say for sure, but a photo I saw that was taken after the accident might be a clue. There's no tire on the right rear rim of the Porsche.

http://fourtitude.com/emAlbum/albums...o-Audi-305.jpg

Whether that was a cause or effect, I don't know, but there's no evidence of there being a tire on that wheel, and there's significant damage to the rim, too.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 05:26 (Ref:3481708)   #258
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A read somewhere that Webber hit the Ferrari whilst already out of control. If that is true or not is beyond my limited knowledge , but it does seem plausible.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3481770)   #259
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Mark was already having his accident before the Ferrari was involved.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3481793)   #260
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I don't recall any replay of the 20 onboard camera for the accident. Yes I was also busy working on the sportscar party convert, but I'm sure we did see a short clip from the 20 when they were leading early on. Maybe John even said something to the effect of, "This is what it looks like from the lead, like he's out on a nice Sunday drive."
Old 5 Dec 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3482096)   #261
Nine17
Rookie

Nine17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, all! It's been years, but I can't help but chime in because the silence has been deafening...

I can't quite figure out how to post the screen capture here, but freezing the Autoweek YouTube video at 1:44 shows Weber's #20 Porsche 919 sliding backwards past the apparently as-yet undamaged Ferrari's left side with the right rear corner/fender of the Porsche conclusively showing major damage and no sign of a tire -- just before its massive impact with the wall.

Given that our video vantage point shows track-out from a high-speed left-hander, circumstantial evidence points to a failure of the right rear Michelin, destroying the fender and pitching the car into an instant 180-degree oversteer condition -- when grip vanished where it was needed most.

It's not surprising that Porsche isn't going to cast aspersions on an important partner until all the data have been analyzed.

Happy Holidays!

-- David
Old 5 Dec 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3482097)   #262
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'd have to say that the #20 either ran over something or the car got hit by something, because there was no tire on that rim, and the rim itself had some huge chunks missing out of the outside edge, like it was struck by something that deformed it.

Could be a definite puncture, be it the tire going over something or something gouging the rim.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3482230)   #263
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine17 View Post
Hello, all! It's been years, but I can't help but chime in because the silence has been deafening...

I can't quite figure out how to post the screen capture here, but freezing the Autoweek YouTube video at 1:44 shows Weber's #20 Porsche 919 sliding backwards past the apparently as-yet undamaged Ferrari's left side with the right rear corner/fender of the Porsche conclusively showing major damage and no sign of a tire -- just before its massive impact with the wall.

Given that our video vantage point shows track-out from a high-speed left-hander, circumstantial evidence points to a failure of the right rear Michelin, destroying the fender and pitching the car into an instant 180-degree oversteer condition -- when grip vanished where it was needed most.

It's not surprising that Porsche isn't going to cast aspersions on an important partner until all the data have been analyzed.

Happy Holidays!

-- David
Thanks David, that was a pretty thorough analysis. I also suspect Porsche will not be rushing to release the details of the accident, even though the fans would like to know.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3482248)   #264
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone have a link to the (I think) German website where the guys make the easy-to-understand charts of fastest laps and top speeds?
I thought I'd bookmarked the page but I seem not to have done.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 15:21 (Ref:3482249)   #265
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
You mean the "Reports" section of GT-Eins?

The lap charts for Sao Paulo aren't up yet, and I don't know how long it will be (my lazy backside just waits for them to kindly repost the charts here!)
Old 5 Dec 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3482253)   #266
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
You mean the "Reports" section of GT-Eins?

The lap charts for Sao Paulo aren't up yet, and I don't know how long it will be (my lazy backside just waits for them to kindly repost the charts here!)
That's the one! Thank you