Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2000, 22:11 (Ref:36046)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
OK, Guys, here we go again. You are in third spot on the grid today. What are your tactics? What do you expect to happen? First of all, I know that the michael is terrified on pole - he is a sitting duck at the first chicane, and if you read his interviews over the past two days, especially the one after quals, he is pleading for discipline, so that there will not be a pile up. I can see Jacques going by Rubens and contesting for the lead at the first chicane. Now does the michael give wayor does he cut Jacques off at the knees and both go off? You are right behind all this with the choice of joining the carnage or missing the chicane altogether and incurring a ten second penalty. What will be your tactics? Maybe if you accelerate better, you can beat both Ferraris off the line and be the sitting duck instead.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 22:19 (Ref:36048)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must have done this 100 times in the last week in GP2. Answer is simple, get to the inside, and stay there to avoid the pile up. Keep close to a car in front to make a pass at the second chicane. And don't ram the guy infront going into the first chicane
Old 9 Sep 2000, 23:11 (Ref:36056)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I am the guy who is in fact the third on the grid tomorrow, this is what I do:

1. Remember that I have never won this race.
2. Remember that I am supposed to make a blinding start and surge into the lead (because Murray said so during qualifying when he realised I am third on the grid).

3. Remember that my lead in the championship is very slender and there are two Ferraris ahead of me.

4. Remember that the guy who is fourth on the grid has no love for TGF and not much more for me, and has nothing to lose by having either of us off; and he is also known for his blinding starts.

5. Remember that the guy in the BAR qualified with an identical time to mine.

6. Remember what happened last year.

Forget all this when the green lights go out, jam my foot the the floor, and try to make it between the two Ferraris before the guy in the BAR gets there - .....

Look for helicopters this time before getting out of the car in the gravel, throwing things and crying.

But if I were simply myself and third on the grid, I'd figure Rubens was going to block me and remember that TGF had wrecked his first flying lap on that chicane, so I'd go for TGF and try to force him to lose it across the chicane, and if I had to hit anybody I'd hit Jacques. Because he would probably recover from it and continue, if he could, and if not, so what? He's out of it anyway.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 23:48 (Ref:36066)   #4
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kinda off topic but if JV and Micheal get side by side then JV will lead him. Schumacher will not wanna risk hitting anybody, this is not the Schumacher from sevral years ago, this is a different guy, it's kinda sad really. TGF is getting older.

JV on the other hand is something like a sexually frustrated (very horny) rihno, who just might be able to score, ie he will do anything.

Old 10 Sep 2000, 00:28 (Ref:36068)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I honestly would not be surprised to see Jacques leading the race after the first chicane tomorrow.

Old 10 Sep 2000, 02:15 (Ref:36076)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well summarized, Liz.
I certainly would watch out for JV, he'll be on a tear for that first corner, its gonna be exciting...Since tomorrow is my Birthday, a great present would be DC leading out of the dust in the first corner.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 02:18 (Ref:36077)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hope your wish comes true Eero, although I would prefer JV to go off into the distance, it aint going to happen.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 02:26 (Ref:36081)   #8
f1ciamp
Rookie

f1ciamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think of what shumacher thinks about havening mister nothing to lose, who are u tgf any ways JV and all i can think of is brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
man if jv takes the lead he might win as well becouse they probebly have great speed on the strights!
weell unless they screw up at the pit stop, witch.........
welll i am super happy about ferrari on front row car lookig good.......
i hope for the best, i cant even sleep..
forza italia!!!!!!!!!!