Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2000, 13:56 (Ref:36134)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...that de la Rosa is all right?
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:03 (Ref:36136)   #2
Ronj Schryer
Rookie

Ronj Schryer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worried---fingers crossed--it is unusual that there was no interview with him post-incident as there was with almost every one else
My thoughts are also with the race worker if indeed that is who was injured.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:05 (Ref:36137)   #3
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a fire marshal. Dont think the news is good because they didn't talk about how he was too much.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:09 (Ref:36140)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm worried too, however there did not seem to be much activity around his car for very long-had he been injured badly, i doubt that he would have been moved very far. In this case, I assume that the lack of activity is good news.

I hope the Fire Marshal recovers quickly, its sad that those guys put themselves at risk and stand exposed to flying debris. They are braver than I.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:13 (Ref:36143)   #5
Ronj Schryer
Rookie

Ronj Schryer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with EERO on this----If the driver was injured there would have been a much larger commotion aroumd the wreck--pt was almost ignored at one point
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:13 (Ref:36144)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They said the situation is critical for the fire marshal, he had head injuries, traumatism I think...
I am worried about the others, De La Rosa and Trulli...DC said about hurting his right hand, and Barrichello was OK...
And Frentzen what could he say ?
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:18 (Ref:36149)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think the drivers are all Ok but the marshall may be in some danger as you could clearly see them performing CPR on him beside the track ...i too hope he is Ok and he is in my prayers tonite
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:19 (Ref:36150)   #8
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
According to http://www.perodelarosa.com:

-------
10/9 - PEDRO EN PERFECTO ESTADO FISICO DESPUES DEL ACCIDENTE

Pedro de la Rosa se encuentra en perfectas condiciones fÃ*sicas, a pesar del espectacular accidente que se ha producido en la primera vuelta del G.P. de Italia.

La explicación del accidente por Pedro puede ser escuchada en el audio adjunto.

Más información en breve.
-------

That sounds as if Pedro were all right.
Can someone translate this?
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:19 (Ref:36151)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen the film of Cevert's accident. There was not much activity around him because he was clearly dead.

I am very very worried about de la Rosa. I do not think TGF would have broken down like that for no reason. Perhapse he too is afraid ... and ahs suddenly realised how much he has to lose ...

I saw them giving CPR to somebody trackside - I am assuming it was the marshall but it was someone in an orange suit and it could have been Pedro.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:24 (Ref:36155)   #10
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is races like these, that remind you that no matter how much safety is improved, F1 is still extremely dangerous. My bet is that that corner will be changed next year. I plead guilty to stupidity today. Just yesterday I was arguing against safety changes, and today I felt numb when I saw De la Rosa flying in the air. I now have different views in regards to safety. Our best wishes to everyone involved and hope a speedy recovery to anyone hurt.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:29 (Ref:36161)   #11
Liz
Veteran

"Pedro de la Rosa se encuentra en perfectas condiciones fÃ*sicas, a pesar del espectacular accidente que se ha producido en la primera vuelta del G.P. de Italia.

La explicación del accidente por Pedro puede ser escuchada en el audio adjunto.

Más información en breve."

"Pedro de la Rosa was found in good physical condition after the spectacular accident in the first corner of the Grand Prix of Italy.

The explanation for Pedro's accident will be heard in the attached audio.

More information shortly."
-------

Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:31 (Ref:36162)   #12
neutral
Racer

Well Im spanish and translating that news gave a great sense of relief. It basically says that De la rosa finds himself in good condition despite a spectacular crash. Now hopefully this will be the same for the marshall involved.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:33 (Ref:36164)   #13
neutral
Racer

sorry for my last post. Liz had already answered but it wasnt up when i went to reply.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:37 (Ref:36167)   #14
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, according to formula1.com

"It has just been announced that a 31-year-old fire marshal, who was hit by a flying wheel in the huge second chicane accident at the Italian Grand Prix, has died in hospital."
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:40 (Ref:36171)   #15
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes...and its truly saddening.
God bless his friends and family
Old 10 Sep 2000, 14:50 (Ref:36178)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Hit by a flying wheel. We are reminded once again that Motor Racing Is Dangerous and can be Deadly.

God help Max 'n' Bernie to explain this one.

My prayers are with the family of the marshall and I will be awaiting the report of the stewards and others as to what happened.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 15:03 (Ref:36185)   #17
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sick for actually enjoying that race. There have been a lot of flying wheels this year. The cars are too fast in a straight line. Thank god they will have more tethers holding the wheel on next year.

All the saftey devices in the world will never be enough for that poor mans family. I' cant think of anything more to say.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 15:36 (Ref:36199)   #18
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it IS true. (on a different topic I posted that I'd heard UNCONFIRMED rumours of the marshalls death. Didn't realise I'd been beaten to it on this post. Apologies.)

we must bear testimony to the saftey of modern F1 cars. We must bear testimony to the adequate runoff areas that had only just been installed at the variante Rodja. We must bear testimony to the downright LUCK that spared DC his life AGAIN along with all the other drivers involved.

Motorsport in general may be a statistically safe sport with relativly few injuries let alone deaths (when compared with other sports) occuring in the modern era. Nevertheless, days like to day bring home the fact that accidents do happen and, tragically, people get hurt. The fact that a life could be lost in order to provide an entertainment (and this forum, after all) is most humbling.

Condolences to the friends and family of this most unfortunate fellow. Let's hope that something positive can come from this awful tragedy.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 15:53 (Ref:36215)   #19
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Un-noticed by Murray and Martin, you could see Pedro climbing over the armco as the safety car was going round.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 15:58 (Ref:36216)   #20
Liz
Veteran

I heard them say Pedro was out of the car - and then when they were working on someone in an orange suit, I thought it might be he. I've seen pilots in our own race series climb out of their cars, walk to the wall, and collapse; and Peter Dumbreck said that after his flying trip into the trees at Le Mans, he remembered nothing after leaving the track until he woke up in the ambulance, but supposed he had got out of his car by himself.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 16:49 (Ref:36254)   #21
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just watched my tape of the acident again and you can clearly see Pedro jump to his feet after the marshals pulled him from the car. Its hardly strange that in the heat of the whole accident, that we ALL missed this. I hope we can proceed with more a temperate discourse and not let our emotions run away with the usual civil conversation we have.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 18:50 (Ref:36270)   #22
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Liz
[B]
I am very very worried about de la Rosa. I do not think TGF would have broken down like that for no reason. Perhapse he too is afraid ... and ahs suddenly realised how much he has to lose ...

Liz!...you are UNBELIEVEABLE in the areas concerning this man...however 'downforce' holds a lot of respect for the non-Schuey posts you make.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 20:52 (Ref:36288)   #23
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
De la Rosa's escape is a testimony to the safety of the modern F1 car. That was an accident I felt sick watching.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of the poor volunteer fire marshal who tragically lost his life today. It's another reminder that motorsport is dangerous, not only for the drivers, but also for those brave marshals who risk their lives for the sport they love.

One lucky man today was DC. He injured his hand, but it could have been so much worse.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 21:36 (Ref:36315)   #24
Liz
Veteran

What's so unbelievable about a man with a young family suddenly realising how much he's got to lose? I would think a man who DID NOT feel that way would be the soulless machine that many people accuse TGF of being.

If Jody Schecter can admit it - and he was a wild man when he was young and by his own admission was "bulletproof" until the day Cevert was killed - then so can TGF.