Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Oct 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2781551)   #1
bonjour
Rookie

England
Clanville, Hants.
bonjour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FOS and Revival 2011 Provisional dates

the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival – has today announced the provisional 2011 dates for these hugely popular annual events.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-o...sreleased.aspx
Old 28 Oct 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2781653)   #2
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour View Post
the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival – has today announced the provisional 2011 dates for these hugely popular annual events.
Why not just put the dates instead of a link

The 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1-3 July

The 2011 Goodwood Revival 16-18 September

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 28 Oct 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2781773)   #3
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With luck, I shall be at both again!
Old 28 Oct 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2781804)   #4
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the Revival carries on getting later and later it will be soon be competing with the November meeting in Anglesey!
Old 28 Oct 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2781830)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
If the Revival carries on getting later and later it will be soon be competing with the November meeting in Anglesey!
Disagree, it's the same weekend as this year, and other years have been the same, starting with the first one in 1998.

A lot depends on the F1 calendar and Lord March books a weekend when it is not a conflict.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2781841)   #6
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
hopefully it won't clash with the BTCC, WSR & about 5 other meetings

ok, btcc clash

Last edited by gachjoel; 28 Oct 2010 at 22:29.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2781965)   #7
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON
FATNACKER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post

ok, btcc clash
I disagree my dear fellow, The Revival is by far a better meeting than BTCC, WSR ETC . There is no comparison! Give it a try sometime you will be hooked. Well worth the trip from Taff land
The Revival is one of the best Historic race weekends in the world, If not THE best in the world?
Old 29 Oct 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2781968)   #8
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[The Revival is one of the best Historic race weekends in the world, If not THE best in the world?[/QUOTE]

Disagree completely, you should try Hyde Park for the London to Brighton
Veteran Car run
Old 29 Oct 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2782022)   #9
bonjour
Rookie

England
Clanville, Hants.
bonjour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Stack;2781653]Why not just put the dates instead of a link

I can’t see what’s your problem with just attaching the link, this link gives you a lot more information like the dates are only provisional, you could easily be mislead by your posting.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone else has an opinion on using web site links in a forum, please keep your replies clean.

On another note, I agree with Steve T and Fatnacker; the Revival has been on the same weekend for a few years now and it’s the best meeting in the world.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2782038)   #10
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It would be interesting to find out if anyone else has an opinion on using web site links in a forum, please keep your replies clean.
Personally speaking I like to have links, it only takes a click. I use them myself in posts. They are a good way of referencing your information.
Nothing wrong with putting the Goodwood provisional dates on together with the link. Everyone's happy. But there's no need for a huge debate on it I don't think.

Anyway, back on topic, I've not done either of these meetings so fingers crossed that my diary works out for 2011.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2782041)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It would be interesting to find out if anyone else has an opinion on using web site links in a forum
From the FAQ:
Quote:
It is acceptable to post a link into a thread where is is appropriate. For instance, should someone ask "Does anyone know the address of the (insert organisation here) website" then a URL posted in response is fine. Links should only be posted to live websites that contain the information referred to. However, we do not generally allow links to other forums. Exceptions may be made for something relevant to the discussion, but please check with the Moderator of the forum before you post.
I would suggest it would have been best posted as

Quote:
Goodwood dates provisionally set as:
The 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed 1-3 July
The 2011 Goodwood Revival 16-18 September

More information here
This is a discussion forum and better to have the discussion on here, I don't want to have to use time and bandwidth going somewhere else for info which could easily have been put in the post.

I now return you back to your normal ramblings.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2782249)   #12
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post

ok, btcc clash

WSR misses - 20/21 Aug in 2011
btcc is at Rockingham for the revival, but no btcc clash for FoS
bound to be something at Brands & Silverstone though - just depends how good .....
Old 29 Oct 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2782282)   #13
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never marshalled either of these events and from what I gather they are pretty much closed shops. On the off-chance that newcomers can get in, can someone tell me who the contact is for volunteering (or begging if appropriate)?
Old 29 Oct 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2782288)   #14
SamWaters
Rookie

England
West Sussex
SamWaters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duvall View Post
I've never marshalled either of these events and from what I gather they are pretty much closed shops. On the off-chance that newcomers can get in, can someone tell me who the contact is for volunteering (or begging if appropriate)?
Newcomers can get in - I did both FoS and Revival as a Trainee in my first year of marshalling.

Volunteering is via BARC and both events will be on the Availabilty Forms when they come out.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2782315)   #15
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This posting is getting all rather silly......

Bladders
Old 29 Oct 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2782335)   #16
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATNACKER View Post
I disagree my dear fellow, The Revival is by far a better meeting than BTCC, WSR ETC . There is no comparison! Give it a try sometime you will be hooked. Well worth the trip from Taff land
The Revival is one of the best Historic race weekends in the world, If not THE best in the world?

yeah i know, i've done the revival a few years back.
but nice to see the WSR is 20/21 Aug so not clashing this year
Old 1 Nov 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2783767)   #17
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the really good news is that Kop Hill climb will be on the 24/25th September! Goodwood FoS as it was in the beginning!
Old 6 Nov 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2785909)   #18
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I disagree with folks arguing as to what is the best meeting in the world......ever.......volume II. It's a personal thing surely? I have not been a fan of the BTCC (To Marshal) for a good few years but I marshalled the Qually day at Donington this year (Purely coz I'd missed Donny) and have to say that it was MY best meeting of the year!
I have been invited to the Revival in recent years but have not been able to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, so no, it's not a closed shop!

As for Lord March not wanting it to clash with F1.......has he not got a video recorder?
Old 6 Nov 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2785913)   #19
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
I disagree with folks arguing as to what is the best meeting in the world......ever.......volume II. It's a personal thing surely? I have not been a fan of the BTCC (To Marshal) for a good few years but I marshalled the Qually day at Donington this year (Purely coz I'd missed Donny) and have to say that it was MY best meeting of the year!
I have been invited to the Revival in recent years but have not been able to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, so no, it's not a closed shop!

As for Lord March not wanting it to clash with F1.......has he not got a video recorder?
He wants their drivers, not to watch the race himself!!!!!! It's all about the marketing!
Old 6 Nov 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2785923)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
He wants their drivers, not to watch the race himself!!!!!! It's all about the marketing!
That's what he says lol