Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Mar 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2852894)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a good idea, but my issue with this is that it is very hard to pass on the Nordschliefe with equal speed cars!

All the overtaking would be on the straights, and you can't really have the bumping and boring round the rest of the course with the constsnt risk of yellow flags and race stoppages.

It's a great concept but flawed in my eyes, not because the track or cars are unsuitable, but they just dont match up well on that circuit.

Pau is fine, Spa is fine, even monaco and Macau. But Nurburgring? Fine if its a non championship enduro, but nothing more.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2852909)   #27
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did a 4-lap race on the Nordscheilfe a couple of years ago and, to be honest, the race was over after one lap, so I've no problem with a 2-lap race. Its the distance that counts, not number of laps - 2-laps of the 'Ring is eqivalent to 30-laps of Brands Indy...!
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2853107)   #28
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Agree with Iceman - 5 laps per race minimum (have pit stops if need be)
Agree with the 5-10 lap length except for the pitstops - Argentine TC2000 can run for 150km / 60min with one set of tyres. Yokohama can surely make harder tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Not enough cars, circuit would look empty - run another touring car race (Euro Cup?) at the same time, starting 60 seconds after the WTCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Here's an idea: have the WTCC sit down with the STCC, BTCC and any other suitable touring car championship, agree on a date, set up a big, fat prize fund and have a one-weekend touring car Cup of sorts.
That's been called European Touring Car Cup and it seems it's what Lotti is looking at - to invite Super 2000 cars all around the continent. Perhaps even add some Japanese and Chinese cars.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2853111)   #29
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This would be very cool. Would this be enough too save the ring.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2853176)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Here's an idea: have the WTCC sit down with the STCC, BTCC and any other suitable touring car championship, agree on a date, set up a big, fat prize fund and have a one-weekend touring car Cup of sorts.
A sort of ETC Cup? Oh wait....
Old 27 Mar 2011, 01:41 (Ref:2853819)   #31
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
That's been called European Touring Car Cup and it seems it's what Lotti is looking at - to invite Super 2000 cars all around the continent. Perhaps even add some Japanese and Chinese cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
A sort of ETC Cup? Oh wait....
Yes, because the ETC Cup had a 50-60 car field with all the best teams from the WTCC, STCC, BTCC and various other similar touring car championships around the world racing on the Nordschleife. Oh wait...

I guess the next time I'll make sure to dig up every single suitable touring car championship around the world and not just mention the WTCC to make sure there absolutely is no way to confuse my suggestion with the ETC Cup
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2853977)   #32
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Rusty: the ETCC isn't working. So Lotti is trying to make it work - first with a multiple round calendar, not with an iconic track. He keeps trying, and that's good.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2854077)   #33
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
first of all Lotti should concentrate every effort in the research of NEW MANUFACTURES.

if there will be lots different cars with lots different official driver then it will be possible organize every kind of race in whereever place.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2854728)   #34
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Rusty: the ETCC isn't working. So Lotti is trying to make it work - first with a multiple round calendar, not with an iconic track. He keeps trying, and that's good.
Still not sure what the ETCC has to do with anything I have posted, but anyway, forget I mentioned anything - most people seem to just see problems, rather than possibilities, with the WTCC doing something, anything, at the Nordschleife anyway.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2854737)   #35
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Still not sure what the ETCC has to do with anything I have posted, but anyway, forget I mentioned anything - most people seem to just see problems, rather than possibilities, with the WTCC doing something, anything, at the Nordschleife anyway.
I don't and am all up for it
Old 28 Mar 2011, 15:06 (Ref:2854910)   #36
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
most people seem to just see problems, rather than possibilities, with the WTCC doing something, anything, at the Nordschleife anyway.
agreed. i think its a great idea!