Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1357712)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stone the crows........
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1357715)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
you seen what I'm selling? something that you may never have seen but is essential once you have.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

You have "Ebay" mail........
Old 18 Jul 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1358177)   #153
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SL did these all get sold ????? I sent you an E-Mail and a PM with no response.
Old 19 Jul 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1358284)   #154
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell
Holidays ?
Old 19 Jul 2005, 07:27 (Ref:1358326)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Unfortunately we tend to get into the way of thinking that everyone is on the net everyday and checking emails constantly....... not always the case!
Old 21 Jul 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1360011)   #156
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell
Same over here, never got a response either.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1360115)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Cone on Simon, read your PMs!
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1360313)   #158
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
I'd have been disappointed if I was the seller:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...318071842&rd=1
Ouch.
I missed out on that one

I'm still looking for the 83-85-86 & 93-94-95 editions, but so seems everybody else
Old 21 Jul 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1360355)   #159
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gert,

Generally the prices for the six editions you do not have sell for good prices because they are not so freely available. Only recently £220/€320 paid for the 1993 book.

Four of the books you are missing were only printed in French (83,85,86 and 94) and so I guess this why there are not so many for sale. £90 for the 1983 was a bargain if it was in good condition.

Here is a current auction for a 1995 book, but it is in French.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

This is for a 1985 book. Only French available, although as some of you may recall one member of this forum swears otherwise. Believe me - only French.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD4V

Beware, he will not post outside the UK. Check first before bidding. He might change his mind if you bid high!

John
Old 21 Jul 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1360384)   #160
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
Gert,

Generally the prices for the six editions you do not have sell for good prices because they are not so freely available. Only recently £220/€320 paid for the 1993 book.

John
I know these are the most rare books - I regularly take a look on ebay and see what prices they get. Wow! Even though I have defined several searches, I must somehow have missed the edition that went for 90£. What a pity!

Thanks for the links - I had already found the I-post-to-UK-only one, the other one not yet.

BTW: I know some are in French only - that doesn't matter much. As a typical (Dutch-speaking) Belgian guy, I'm supposed to understand French as well as English

Any version will do, as long as I can have it
Old 22 Jul 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1360598)   #161
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
Only French available, although as some of you may recall one member of this forum swears otherwise. Believe me - only French.

Please - let's not go there again....... As far as I'm concerned, the matter is settled.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 07:30 (Ref:1360610)   #162
jna
Racer

No attempt to provoke, but I couldn't help making that jibe bearing in mind the lengths I had to take to 'prove again what I already knew'.

Unlike gert, my French is sadly not good enough for me to sit and read the French editions with ease and understand fully what has been written. I would love somebody to translate the text, and I guess there are many others who would like to share in the stories in those books. I don't know if David Waldron the translator for most of the English editions is a member of the forum, but if you are, how about it?
Old 22 Jul 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1361008)   #163
enduro81
Rookie

enduro81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I just sold that '83 book on e-bay and wasn't too disappointed as it was only of the few annuals I didn't buy new. That one came from a second-hand shop! I have thinned out the LM collection because the prices were just too good to ignore. My main interest is in the 1977-1981 'dark-ages' of sportscar racing - anyone able to point out and interesting books I should look out for?
Old 24 Jul 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1361955)   #164
jna
Racer

gert

I guess you will have seen these:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...321398524&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...321398509&rd=1
Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1362338)   #165
tlracing
Rookie

tlracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I just looked at my bookcase and suddenly the $$$ signs started appearing in front of my eyes, as there's every year from 1977 onwards on it...
Old 25 Jul 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1363132)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lucky blighter........
Old 25 Jul 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1363138)   #167
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crying in my beer tonight - just missed a private sale of a complete run of 1978-1993 inclusive for £495.

That's £30 a book...
Old 25 Jul 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1363146)   #168
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hells bells, I think even I would have taken out a loan for that........
Old 25 Jul 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1363147)   #169
jna
Racer

That kind of mirrors how I obtained all the French editions last year plus the very early English copies. Meant having a few duplicates to sell, but oh it was worth it.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1363246)   #170
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely. When was the first yearbook?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1363495)   #171
jna
Racer

1978 was the first year that the yearbook as we know it was issued.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1364623)   #172
Banks
Rookie

Banks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have got every single one - all bought when they appeared and all in pristine condition (having seen the prices some are going for now I wish I had the foresight to buy two copies of each!)
Old 27 Jul 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1364780)   #173
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
damn i'm just jealous.
i didn't have the option to buy them when they appeared: i was only 4 in 1978 ...
Old 28 Jul 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1365316)   #174
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I scanned eBay's completed transactions and was surprised to find a 1988 edition selling for about £50.

I guess you can get lucky on eBay...

Cheers.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1412257)   #175
jna
Racer

Le Mans Year Book 2005

Usually by now on Amazon you can, if you want to, pre order the book, but this year there is no sign of it yet.

Does anybody know when, or indeed if, the 2005 version is being released?

In English!