Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2000, 12:27 (Ref:34919)   #1
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When the 2000 f1 season started the question on everybody's lips was: IS MIKA HAKKINEN THAT DAMN GOOD? IS MIKA HAKKINEN THE BEST THE MOST DARING THE MOST SKILLFUL DRIVER IN FORMULA ONE?

F1 fans knew that Mika won his 2 championships not on a plate but one to one fight with the Shoe, the FIA/BERNIE clone. He won them against the wishes of the powerful, against the wishes of the established mafia that controls Formula-one. When his german Mercedes engines blew up in the first 2 races, conspiracy theories appeared all over Europe that the German giant is out to cash in on Schumacher for 2002! The deal appeared all set and it seemed that Mika would be the sacrificial lamb (ALL OF THE F1 PURE know that the nervous SHOE would never cams to Macs with Mika as his team-mate)!!

But as the season progressed, it seemed to f1 fans that Michael is not what he WAS an year ago! The blistering commitment is not there...the daring passes are not coming.... Safety and family are now more important to him than glory and title...SHOE WANTS THE 2000 F1 TITLE ON A PLATE!!! HE NEEDS THE BEST CAR AND HE CANT TAKE THE RISK OF DRIVING ON THE EDGE ALL THE TIME!! Pity for him he didnt realize the potential of MIKA...

"The true test of greatness....when the chips are down"

Mika's blistering, over the limit, WINS AT HUNGARY and SPA were the best thing happening to f1 in ages. CHINS DROPPED, the f1 mafia of Bernie and co. watched in agony and jealousy as St. Mika stormed passed the Shoe at hungary and Spa. It was a display of Skill, brilliance and tactic that I NEVER saw in Michael's entire career!! MIKA proved that he's not only the most daring and attacking formula one driver in the current pack but he's got the will-power like SENNA to fight against establishment and formula one mafia!

QUESTION IS: WILL THE MAFIA ALLOW AN INNOCENT YET BRILLIANT MAN TO MAKE HISTORY? The jealous and evil comments of Bernie Ecclestone on Mika after Spa clearly demonstrate that the establishment mafia is all out to interefere in the future GPs so that their idiot clone can take his 3rd title on a political plate. Could somebody explain who the **** gave him the right to criticze Mika for his personality? Who the **** is he to judge Mika? And who is giving him the ****ing money to lick Shoe's arse day aafter day?

It will be very hard for Mika if he's banned for some minor reaon (Like Jacques was in Japan 1998) and 3rd title is taken away from him. I am keeping my fingers crossed till the last minute of the last grand prix and hoping he does it. HE'S DRIVER OF THE SEASON IN OUR HEARTS and I hope he WINS THE TITLE fair and square. If the battle is FAIR, believe me MIKA WILL DO IT!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 13:25 (Ref:34925)   #2
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thinks, as you, that if the battle is fair, Mika will win his third tittle in a row. MH holds the pressure a lot better than TGF, who cracked under pressure at Adelaida in front of Damon Hill, Jerez '97 -Villeneuve-, and Suzuka '98 -Mika-.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 14:08 (Ref:34944)   #3
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well it's fairly obvious who's side you're on there!!

I largely agree with what you say - it's common knowledge that the FIA is on Ferrari's side as much as possible, whilst attempting to give the impression that they are neutral. I think they're scared that Ferarri will pack up and go home if they don't start winning soon.

As for pressure, Mike has (just about) stood up under the pressure, and I think with the way he's talking about it being unbearable at the moment, if he wins it this year he'll quit.

And Wurz (as a former Mercedes sports car driver) will get his seat
Old 4 Sep 2000, 19:57 (Ref:35002)   #4
freud
Veteran

Thanks for your comments, Jarama and MichaelC. Its lovely to see that there is is some character and virtue left in this world, that there are other like-minded people around who have the fore-sight and calibre to judge between right and wrong.

MIKA FOR THREE.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 20:52 (Ref:35011)   #5
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MIKA FOR 3STRAIGHT!!!!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 21:45 (Ref:35023)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika has proved this season how good a driver he is, and how much better than TGF is.

Mika will win it again this season.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 22:00 (Ref:35027)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Mika is on par with TGf, make no mistake about that. The michael is gifted, he is good. As much as I hate to admit this, the F1 world will be the loser if the michael retires, and we do not have the Mika vs the michael battles for quals as well as races anymore. There will not be the same apprehension, whether one or the other will triumph. As I posted elsewhere, mention Ferrari, and any non F1 fan immediately thinks of racing cars. Mention McLaren, and this schlock will think of sheep. I don't like the michael as a person, many here don't, I used to admire his driving skills, but at least now I still grudgingly admit he is the best together with our MIka.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 04:55 (Ref:35061)   #8
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...hahahahahhaaahaaa....aaaaahhaaaahahaahahahah!!
Old 5 Sep 2000, 21:18 (Ref:35181)   #9
freud
Veteran

Did someone coughed?

Valve bounce

I agree with you. Myself, Jarama, MichaelC, MrS and Minardi fan have sympathies for Hakkinen because he doesnt get the mental support and credit for his driving skills as Michael. It is easy to take Michael's side as he's driving a ferrari and has the backing of richest sponsors since his arrival in formula one. On the other hand Mika is battling against the odds, not only his team-mate, but the Mclaren-hating tifosi/FIA clones/idiotic people(like one who interrupted the german GP)/shu-endorsing media. Some magazines are in total "awe" of the german while totally ignoring Mika. May be because their pages are full of Marlboro/Shell/omega/blah blah ads. I've seen the pattern since past 3 years now but since past 2 months I feel slowly the good journalists are beginning to realize that Mika is one pedal ahead of Michael. There was a great article in recent Autosport titled "Jacques Villeneuve: Only man that Shu fears" which I thought was excellent.

Anyway, the title battle will be hard fought till the end. Let's hope there is minimal interference from FIA/crazy tifosi so that we get to see a spectacle.

PS: Did somebody thought that the start of Belgium GP under a safety car (first time in F1 history) a bit weird? Was that a calculated move so that Uncle Shu can manage to pass the first corner without an incident?
Old 6 Sep 2000, 04:29 (Ref:35273)   #10
elan95
Rookie

elan95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool Mika remains cool and he will win his 3rd. WDC.
There was an article somewhere before the Spa race
saying that MS has the best record at Spa. Yet Mika
managed to turn it around. Beating MS a few kilometer
before the race ended. That was the greatest over-taking
manoeuvre I have ever seen these past few years. I really
wish to see MH win again this year.
Old 6 Sep 2000, 09:59 (Ref:35310)   #11
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Reading the topic's title I thought this to be some cynical joke. But you really mean it I understand now.
Old 8 Sep 2000, 12:57 (Ref:35725)   #12
freud
Veteran

Clay Regazzoni on Michael

Former Ferrari driver Clay Regazzoni told the Italian media yesterday that Michael is the not the best any more and Ferrari should reduce his pay and spend the amount on developments. He criticized Michael on his poor starts. In his words:

"Schumacher has lost his competitive edge.... He would never have been passed in such a manner two or three years ago. He has become too cautious"

Its becoming obvious that Michael has lost the "edge". I hope Ferrari kicks him out (like it did to Prost in 1991) and brings in a young gun like Trulli or Fisi for 2001.

Cheers.

Old 8 Sep 2000, 15:31 (Ref:35751)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Former Ferrari driver Niki Lauda about Monza:
"And it isn't a terribly difficult circuit. The tables could easily turn towards Ferrari again so that the difference [Ferrari vs McLaren] is not 0.5, but maybe only 0.2 seconds. And then Michael will take care of the rest…"
Old 8 Sep 2000, 17:55 (Ref:35782)   #14
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
but what if:

1. zonta moves to the inside?

2. zonta moves to the outside?

answer to 1: mika gets launched

answer to 2: tgf bounces mika off.
Old 8 Sep 2000, 19:28 (Ref:35796)   #15
freud
Veteran

Red

I cant say anything about the difference between Macs and Ferraris but first of all Michael must take care of his team-mate who out-paced him in the friday practice.

------------------------------------
Quote "I can give a lap-time as fast as him. The real difference between us is probably 0.1 second."Unquote

Eddie Irvine (April 1996)
Old 8 Sep 2000, 20:01 (Ref:35804)   #16
StephenWolf
Rookie

StephenWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi Freud,
Well do I take you seriously if you take Eddie seriously hah! the "alluring dude".
Old 9 Sep 2000, 02:15 (Ref:35890)   #17
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Freud sums it up perfectly above.

Just an interesting fact: 41% of Germans poled believe that Mika is THE best! Suprising isn't it! I think I read that on either Formula1.com or F1 rumors.

One thing I love about Mika is his ability to make an excellent start then fly away ,from people with similair fuel loads, without making a mistake. Well... there was that one time in Italy last year...
Old 9 Sep 2000, 09:39 (Ref:35938)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, Fred, you are making an interesting point here... But this raises other questions: Is Eddie a match for Saint Mika? When exactly did Schumacher lost his edge? Now or back in '96? "Was" (he is no longer, right?) Schumacher really that good? What do you think?

Indeed, Rubens "outpaced" him yesterday (if 0.060s=outpaced). But today Michael is fastest. ( Ferraris were first yesterday, and today Mika is only 0.060s faster than Rubens, oh yessssss oh no, a McLaren outpaced a Ferrari, geeees)!

PS: Where did you get an "o" in Schumacher's name? (I presume Shoe is Schumacher, right?)
Old 9 Sep 2000, 12:55 (Ref:35956)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I didn't see it today. Despite Murray's desperate attempts to reassure me that Mika will indeed win the race tomorrow - and he certainly spends a lot of his time bowing down - I didn't see it today.

What I saw was Perfect Mika doing an identical lap time with Jacques Villeneuve in The BAR.

What price the two Mr. Rocket Starters booting each other off before they reach the new chicane?

As i have said before and still believe, Mika H is good as long as he has a perfect car. Put him in a Williams and watch him finish fifth.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 21:21 (Ref:36301)   #20
freud
Veteran

"I Love Ferrari" bernie Ecclestone

Red

Dont get me wrong here... I believe Michael is a gifted driver who could really do with a team-mate like Mika

Liz

Mika Hakkinen at 1997 british GP.... How can you forget Mika's drive in that sh1tbx?

-----------------------------

Quote "I LOVE FERRARI AND MICHAEL WILL WIN HIS F1 TITLE IN 2000" unquote

says Jeanne Dixon's Nephew named "Bernie Ecclestone", September 10, 2000.
Old 11 Sep 2000, 11:18 (Ref:36436)   #21
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I know why I have refused to even open this topic so far. Mika fans are arrogant and narrow minded. They "hate" TGF for no apparent reason. ANYONE who finds reason to "hate" another driver does not deserve their position in this forum.

Many people also seem to forget that

1) Mika has had the best car in the field for certainly the last 3 years and it is only recently the ferrari could be called comparable.

2) Both drivers have driven inferior motors in the past. TGF won races by driving the socks of those motors. Mika had very limited success.

3) SURELY TGF would have won last years WDC

4) As we all know, driving in the wet narrows the gaps down between diffent car's performance putting the emphasis on the driver's skill. What do we see EVERY wet race?? TGF winning!

5) Earlier this year we had accusations of TGF vering accross the track. Please note how the controversy over that has dissapated in the past few races. Why?? Because it is LEGAL, always HAS occured, always WILL occur. It happened in Monza (look at the replay furter down the grid)

6) Mika's SOOOOO DULLLLLLL (sorry, it's a factor! Whether you like it or not, I just don't like boring people!)

7) I AM NOT A TGF "FAN". I think Mika is very good. I have no irrational "HATRED" of the man. HOWEVER, FOR THE GOOD OF THE SPORT I HOPE TGF WINS THIS YEAR. FERRARI DESERVE SOME SUCCESS AFTER YEARS OF MCLAREN/WILLIAMS/MCLAREN (again) DOMINATION. IF MIKA WINS, FOR WHATEVER REASON, I'LL HAVE A TINGE OF SUSPICION IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD THINKING THAT SOMEHOW IT WAS THE CAR THAT GAVE HIM THOSE WDC'S RATHER THAN THE DRIVER. But I guess that's modern F1 and we have to deal with it.......

FINALLY: Freud and MichaelC in particular: I've got news for you.

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY. THERE IS NO "MAFIA". The "FIA" are FAIR and REASONABLE. Do you see?????? FAIR. REASONABLE. INFACT I THINK IT'S RATHER IRRESPOSIBLE FOR YOU TO SPOUT RUMOURS THAT ARE BLATENT LIES AND ATTEMPT TO DECIEVE, NAY, INSULT THE INTEGRITIES AND INTELLIGENCE OF THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM.

Thank you, and good night!!!