Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2000, 14:48 (Ref:35973)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

sick and tired of hearing that mclaren is the best car....schumi has had 6 poles in 2000.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 14:55 (Ref:35976)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great run by Villeneuve too, but poor Ricardo...

he had the fastest car of them all today (he said the handling wasn't bad either, but an electrical problem forced him to abandon his car. He strapped into the backup, but it was setup for Jacques, and the best he could do was 16th. Although keep an eye on him in the race, if he doesn't run into some people on the first corner.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 14:59 (Ref:35978)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good stuff jacques!
Old 9 Sep 2000, 16:16 (Ref:35983)   #4
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont speak to soon, a qualifying setup is a lot different to a race setup. I think we will a stronger car in the race for McLaren but hopefully not.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 16:46 (Ref:35994)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza is a whole different race to any other (except possibly Imola) - and I think there will be a whole different outcome, just like there was last year.

But a Ferrari will win. Bernie has decreed that it will be so.

I read ahead.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 17:42 (Ref:36004)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoooooahhhh!!!

Great stuff from Villeneuve today, hope he can get one of his famous good starts tomorrow! Feel bad for Zonta though, he could have had a good grid position too if it hadn't been for those problems.

From what TGF said in the press conference, he hopes to have Barrichello as a "cushion" between himself and Hakkinen in the race. (He didn't say that of course, but it wasn't difficult to read between the lines.) Let's hope that this will NOT happen. My wish is that TGF has a bad start, hinders Hakkinen, so that Barrichello and Villeneuve will fight for the lead in the opening lap, with Hakkinen and TGF in third and fourth (preferably in that order). If that happens, then I think we will be in for a very exciting race.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 17:56 (Ref:36008)   #7
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree R, Jacques performance was awesome today, and frankly it's about time BAR got back to some points scoring positions. Too bad for Zonta he could have used a good showing. Anyway I think we could be for an interesting race with JV at the front holding off whoever he manages to pass at the start. Watch Zonta though, BAR's straitline speed should have him moving up the order pretty quickly. Though I dare say the Italian TV directors will be more concerned with the Ferraris to notice anybody else.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 18:06 (Ref:36011)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Murray and Martin will be predicting every minute that McLaren (Mika) will win, as long as either one of the pilots is in the top five.

Business as usual.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 18:11 (Ref:36012)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Preventing that Ferrari has a special engine for qualifying, I can only say that is unpredictable who is goint to win. But if all goes as scheduled the Macas will succeed.
Uhn... but Liz said what Bernie planned... well...
Old 9 Sep 2000, 18:24 (Ref:36014)   #10
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Bernie may be wrong this time as Jacques is obviously going to beat Schumi away, schumi will cut across the track, Jacques won't lift (like DC always does) and then both will crash. Or, if they do make it to the chicane, same ending.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 19:53 (Ref:36026)   #11
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M coupe, love the name, and the car! Modern version of the old 911, I like to think. Shows what BMW is about.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 23:25 (Ref:36062)   #12
Liz
Veteran

But I said Bernie had decreed that Ferrari would win.

There are two Ferraris.

FORZA RUBINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernie has planned that Ferrari will win this race and TGF the USGP. Monza because it is Monza, the USGP because the Americans know Ferrari, if they don't know any other car on the grid, and because TGF has a personality on the Podium and will make good TV - in the USGP we will actually get to see the podium and possibly the post race.

Then Bernie will allow McLaren to take Malaysia (is that the next one?) to "Keep the race interesting" but it will be DC who wins and Cranky Boy second.

Then will come Japan ... and You Know How It Will Turn Out. Ferrari must win, to save Max's job from the wolves baying for his head on a platter, to divert the attention of these wolves to their pocketbooks ... to give the sponsors hope for the future and to keep everyone from being bored to death.

Well, if I were Bernie, that's the way I would think.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 23:31 (Ref:36064)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Other factors will come into play. Bridgestone says the medium soft tyres tend to blister and everyone has chosen them. One McLaren had a misfire during the last flyer, the other was hampered by agent 0057. Then there is the spectre of the first corner tussle if the michael's gospel of discipline is not heard. Yes!! the michael is on pole: he is a sitting duck.
Old 10 Sep 2000, 02:33 (Ref:36083)   #14
f1ciamp
Rookie

f1ciamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
first japan THEN Malesia, and thats a helll of a difference
for ferrari...
Old 10 Sep 2000, 10:09 (Ref:36106)   #15
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
shhh...heard a top secret that i need to tell u guys!
Zonta qualified 16th, because he abandoned his good car and had to do his flyer in JV's. And it was not a failure that forced him to abandon his usual car...ITS MAX AND BERNIE!!!

WHY???
Max n bernie saw that the BAR was too quick, had the potential to qualify in the top 6. And this IS MONZA, where the FERRARI are on pole, and for the sake of TV viewership, to win! So..to prevent Zonta for pushing MS off the circuit at the first corner, ie AUSTRIA, they ordered the BAR management, who in turn order ZONTA on his flyer to......switch off the engine and park by the fence. They tried to order JV to do the same...but you know..JV's character...he just would not do it~!

and do you know why i noe? cos i am MRS MAX =P
Old 10 Sep 2000, 11:37 (Ref:36116)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The major trouble goes for Rubens. He must not be as fast as TGF and has to keep Cranky Mika out of the way... preventing from him doing the same as the Hungarian GP.