Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 May 2003, 21:03 (Ref:609890)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
A thought for Munich...

I was watching Top Gear tonight and saw Clarkson panning, sorry, reviewing the Alpina-BMW Z8. Now, if you're anything like me, when you see a new sportscar you start to imagine it with skirts, a rear wing and sponsorship decals, so I started thinking, what BMW needs to do is produce a proper sportscar that could be raced. The Z8 is obviously a non-starter, so what about taking that glorious V8 from the M5, and dropping it into a mid-engined coupe, like the M1? Honda have done it wonderfully with the NSX (yes, I know that's V6-powered, that's not the point), and I think it would be a great advert for BMW's technical and sporting prowess. Then you just need to get Charly Lamm to take it racing in the FIA GT Championship, and you're away...
Old 25 May 2003, 21:33 (Ref:609914)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or like what they did with the CSL Batmobile ???

Take a poor little executive car, do all sorts of things to the engine, add huge wings, fat tyres and strap in someone like Hans Stuck.

Now there's an idea....
Old 25 May 2003, 21:35 (Ref:609919)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yes, do that and you have the M3 GTR, and a lot of Porsche employees bleating....
Old 25 May 2003, 23:04 (Ref:609979)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the M3 GTR was a homologation special, and nothing but. And they never even homologated it. If you're honest, I don't see how anyone could argue that BMW played by the rules with that car. And they weren't thrown out of the series, they were just told not to bring the car back until they were willing to play by the rules.

All that aside, I'd _love_ BMW to produce an M2, a car built to go head-to-head with the best in either the GT or GTS class. Yes, a successor to the M1. That'd be just 1derful.
Old 26 May 2003, 07:55 (Ref:610170)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now then, shall I comment about the M3......

No, perhaps not.......
Old 26 May 2003, 13:22 (Ref:610424)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read in that a V8 M3 will arrive in the next generation3-series now that the M5 is a V10.

BMW did not want a V8 M3 to overshadow the current V8 M5.

So we may afterall see a genuine production M3 V8.
Old 28 May 2003, 20:14 (Ref:612849)   #7
martins
Rookie

martins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where have you heard from a V10-M5 ???
Old 28 May 2003, 20:47 (Ref:612886)   #8
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its been in all the UK car magazines and on Top Gear/Fifth Gear. The engines also being used in a new sportscar, maybe Z9/Z10 not sure what its called.

So bring on the V8 M3. How about a CSL M3 V8.