Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favourite Team?
Dale Coyne Racing 6 15.79%
Forsythe Championship Racing 6 15.79%
Herdez Competition 2 5.26%
Mi-Jack Conquest Racing 1 2.63%
Newman / Haas Racing 8 21.05%
PKV Racing 4 10.53%
Rocketsports Racing 2 5.26%
RuSPORT 7 18.42%
Walker Racing 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Sep 2004, 16:56 (Ref:1094217)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Who's Your Favourite Team?

My vote's gotta go with Dale Coyne.
I like the man, I admire his perseverance and dedication.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1094235)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To me it would have to be Newman/Hass.

I started to be a fan of the team when Nigel Mansell drove for them 11 years a go and they have been my favourite team since.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1094236)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coyne, if only because Oriol is there. It used to be Player's/Forsythe, but Player's is now gone. It's a bit silly, but I loved Player's as a sponsor.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:05 (Ref:1094240)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
It used to be Player's/Forsythe, but Player's is now gone. It's a bit silly, but I loved Player's as a sponsor.
It's not silly at all. I used to like the Player's livery.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1094256)   #5
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rocketsports....tagliani and PG have brought this team to victory once this year after a long awaited period of time.

Thumbs up to Rocketsports!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1094456)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I guess I dont really have a favorite team , not sure why either ???

but I would have to vote for coyne , they are the Minardi of Champcars and are doing pretty damm well this year too.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1094479)   #7
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love to root for the Coyne cars(although 2003 didn't have much to cheer about). Dale's team has been a place for young drivers to get their start, and this year for Oriol a place to prove he still belongs.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 01:40 (Ref:1094589)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of the teams in Champ Car are still too young to garner any kind of feelings for me. In Champ Car I find myself following the drivers more than anything. I guess it's easier to identify with a single personality than it is with a team. Having said that I like to see Dale Coyne do well if for no other reason than it's nice to see the underdog do well. Especially this year when they are actually competitive.
Come to think of it I actually only cheer for Servia, Mazzacane really is just ocuppying space IMO.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 13 Sep 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1094833)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't really have a favoured team - I just love watching the championship.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1095371)   #10
Uesque
Racer

Ukraine
Pittsburgh, PA
Uesque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to go with RuSport, they have the organization and discipline to pull together what it takes to succeed very quickly.
Daishkyu hinan poope kudasai!
Daishkyu hinan poope kudasai!
Old 14 Sep 2004, 04:54 (Ref:1095885)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
To me it would have to be Newman/Hass.

I started to be a fan of the team when Nigel Mansell drove for them 11 years a go and they have been my favourite team since.
Here is annother Newman/Haas man since '93!
Old 14 Sep 2004, 04:59 (Ref:1095887)   #12
RedNine Racing
Racer

Australia
Adelaide,Australia
RedNine Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I`m a Paul Tracy fan and have been since watching Indycars years ago when Paul was driving in the Penske team!

I`m still with him and loved last year and the Vanderbilt Cup.Pity about this year though!

ROCK ON COURTNEY,FORD and SBR
ROCK ON FERRARI! n thanks 4 the memories Ruby,Schumi and bugga off Felipe
2007 F1 Champion Kimi Raikkonen
2007 MLB Champions Boston RedSox
Old 14 Sep 2004, 09:50 (Ref:1096085)   #13
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the Al Holbert/Derrick Walker Quaker State Porsche team with Teo Fabi was my favorite, but since they haven't been around for years, I'll say Newman Haas. I've always liked Paul Newman and the fact that he gives back to the community. A very great man, indeed, on the track and off.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1096663)   #14
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't have a favorite but I'll dicuss my feelings on the teams:
- Forsythe: He deserves thanks for pumping money into CART, later saving the series post bankruptcy and the Mexico city track, but he's been a complete jerk to Pat.
- NH: I have never liked the way the team operates. In some way they seem like powerfull losers. They were weak and/or stupid for a lot of the time in recent years (eg. Switft chasis, Christian!), but they've dominated for the last 3 seasons. They're sort of the McLaren of CC. Newman is clearly awsome.
- RuSport: Seems like a cool little team. Great philosophy in supporting drivers who have a bright future.
- Herdez: No real impression.
- Walker: Soldiers on but knows what it takes to succeed. The true underdog of the series.
- Coyne: I like that Dale seems to be very personable and cool, but ultimately he seems to take some odd routes to get where he wants to go. The team is only doing well because of Servia. I question how much his pay drivers contribute.
- Mi-Jack: They Haberfeld ('03) and Wilson have put in some nice results. No real team opinion.
- Rocketsports: PG seems to bring out the best in Tag, but I'm really surprised that the team isn't a consistant performer and I don't know what to think of PG overall.
- PKV: Vasser is a great guy, given his experience and Kalkoven's money I don't know why they aren't a fairly strong team.

Last edited by Snrub; 14 Sep 2004 at 19:52.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1096719)   #15
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this time any team in ChampCar is a favorite of mine!
Old 15 Sep 2004, 04:55 (Ref:1096953)   #16
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This years it's a tough call. Historically I've been a Newman/Haas fan, but this season it's close between Rusport, Coyne and Mi-Jack.

In the end my vote went to Rusport because I've been impressed what a professional and competitive team they've been with the results to back it up. I think next year they will definitely be a title contender.

Mi-Jack almost got my vote, They've got a great driver in Wilson, but seem to be on a shoestring budget also the second car has been kind of a joke, much like the April Fool's Lonard. I admire Eric Bachelart's willingness to take the blame for the team when the car has had mechanical failures this season because he knows this year he has a driver that can take it to the front.

Also, really how can you NOT cheer for Dale Coyne. The liveries actually look really good this year as well, not to mention the performance from Servia.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 07:22 (Ref:1096991)   #17
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So many good teams in champ car in 2004, but Herdez by a nose. The inclusion of RHR just tipped them over
Old 15 Sep 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1097500)   #18
csl
Rookie

csl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for PKV Racing, but like RuSPORT as well. I would like to see Vasser have a better season considering his support of the series, and was very glad to see RuSPORT move into Champ Cars this year with Allmendinger. They've made pretty good progress this year.