Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Nov 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1768412)   #1
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#32 PPI, Kvapil etc in '07

http://www.jayski.com/teams/32.htm

Kvapil will be driving the Roush #6 in the truck series next year, in the link he mentions (a few weeks before the announcement) that he knew that if he went back to trucks he would probably be there a fair while. It mentions that he could run some Cup and/or Busch races for Roush aswell, BUT, driving for PPI still in '07 wasn't been ruled out, as Wells still wants him.

As predicted by Kingfloopy earlier in the year, Tide won't be back to the #32, and won't be sponsering any cars in any series either.

A new team running the COT races, Revelocity Racing could be partnering PPI, could be the start of a 2 car PPI, as I read a while ago that Wells wanted that.

That thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81351 interested me in how the team was going, and the Tide ride has always looked pretty cool IMO, I bought a model of the '04 Ricky Craven car (I prefer the Chevy bodyshape, and the 05 and 06 cars weren't available) not long ago, it looks hot

also, Jayski rocks http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 17 Nov 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1768539)   #2
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah its too bad. PPI was really good for a single car team a few years ago and then they made some mistakes (switching to Pontiac in their last season, building their own engines) that dramatically hurt their performance. They've also had drivers with less experience in the car and that's hurt them to some degree also. I imagine that the deal with Revelocity may be too good to be true, a lot of deal like this have come up before and then fallen apart. I imagine Cal Wells will sell out before too long. Maybe he can go back to off road racing where he started out and had so much success.

J.D.
Old 25 Nov 2006, 04:20 (Ref:1774505)   #3
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like they won't be back at all http://www.jayski.com/teams/32.htm

I'm a bit skeptical of the Revelocity deal too, I think these days for a new team to come in, they need MASSIVE amounts of money to compete with how many full-time teams there will be next year.

Did read on the Champcar forum that Wells may look over there, or at Atlantics.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock