Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3546296)   #626
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/607891294736793600
Old 9 Jun 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3546392)   #627
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well i like it to, anything is better than black and white IMHO
I like it too. It's different. And a lot better than their last 'art car' effort. The 'Refreshers' Aston......
Old 9 Jun 2015, 08:26 (Ref:3546401)   #628
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really liked that BMW.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3546403)   #629
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved the BMW too, have to say though the Aston is growing on me.... It is different anyway!
Old 9 Jun 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3546412)   #630
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The BMW is very nice, but the Aton is not my cup of tea.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3546547)   #631
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The BMW certainly had more shopping capacity......
Old 9 Jun 2015, 18:37 (Ref:3546605)   #632
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked the BMW, the road signs OAK racing car in 2013, and generally most of the art cars. But looking at this car causes headaches.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 20:33 (Ref:3546648)   #633
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We'll get used to it.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 21:39 (Ref:3546668)   #634
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The BMW was okay. I liked that it looked like a painting explosion had happened.

I thought the Morgan was great and wacky.

The Aston just looks too "calculated". Straight lines everywhere and no distinct pattern. Horizontal lines may have been better than vertical. AMR's special livery from a couple years ago was great though.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3546758)   #635
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
The BMW was okay. I liked that it looked like a painting explosion had happened.

I thought the Morgan was great and wacky.

The Aston just looks too "calculated". Straight lines everywhere and no distinct pattern. Horizontal lines may have been better than vertical. AMR's special livery from a couple years ago was great though.
Really? I thought it was really dull and disappointing......
Old 10 Jun 2015, 12:40 (Ref:3546861)   #636
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So it transpires that there's a variety of opinions on a subjective subject. Who'da thought it?
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3546873)   #637
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
So it transpires that there's a variety of opinions on a subjective subject. Who'da thought it?
I choose not to have an opinion - just a headache!
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3546883)   #638
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Really? I thought it was really dull and disappointing......
Which car are you talking about? I mentioned 4 of them.
Old 11 Jun 2015, 07:18 (Ref:3547317)   #639
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, as we were discussing the Aston........
Old 13 Jun 2015, 12:27 (Ref:3548334)   #640
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The main thing I've always disliked about these sorts of art cars is that they seem to get a pass because they are labeled art cars and I feel that there are a lot of people who just claim that they are beautiful to seem like they "get it." Not so much around here as it's always has seemed pretty divided and not hypocritical, but I mean on other automotive forums where they go from ripping on anything that isn't traditional to suddenly slobbering all over the unveiled art cars.

Say I used the Forza livery creator to make that exact paint job on the M3 and put the car up on the marketplace and shared it with people on forums and such in 2009, it probably wouldn't have sold any and I would have received plenty of comments like "wow good job you ruined that race car" and such... But because it's officially an "art car" people give it a pass and claim they love it.

I have to admit I like this Aston better than the BMW... The Aston at least feels like it has something strange to show with its headache-y effect. I quite liked the Morgan sign theme, but perhaps the fact that it actually had a theme was part of why I liked it. I don't really consider "it has lines on it" to be a theme and personally thought that M3 was terrible though.