Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jul 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3915358)   #176
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
They are fun for such little cars, aren't they? Sounds like you had an absolute ball, I always preferred racing my Midget to the MGB, so much more chuckable.
We need pics of the Lenham!

Old 1 Jul 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3915363)   #177
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Crazy but I did same time in MGB . A legal one . O dear here we go again
Old 1 Jul 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3915366)   #178
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We need many pictures here! Please…
Old 2 Jul 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3915433)   #179
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We need pics of the Lenham!

try pic 705 in this gallery:
https://www.davidstallardphotography...19/i-pRJKVm3/A

and #548 in this one:
https://www.davidstallardphotography...e-19/i-Wj8xbZC
Old 2 Jul 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3915460)   #180
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Back in the land of the living after a lie-in and a good soak! Possibly the best Summer Classic I've been to, combination of the glorious weather, super people, and moderately successful trial for the new car. Happy with Iain's 3:13 best lap, I was less than a second behind. New rear springs and gearbox will make a difference. Many thanks to Iain for taking the drive at short notice.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3915463)   #181
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Lovely car.
Do you have both the Lenham and the Modsports midget now?

Last edited by andy97; 2 Jul 2019 at 10:02.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3915470)   #182
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the links, David! Excellent shots from Mr Stallard as always...

Most of the little fastback GT Spridgets are good looking, but additionally the Lenham always seems to be smiling.

Only problem for me would actually be getting in one.....
Old 2 Jul 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3915476)   #183
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the links and congrats for the races.
This picture could be used in another thread about track limits:
SPA 29-06-19 0714.JPG
Old 2 Jul 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3915494)   #184
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You'd make it easily Mike. There's nothing of you width wise Height isn't the deciding factor, "chunkiness" is more of a problem.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Jul 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3915499)   #185
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Lovely car.
Do you have both the Lenham and the Modsports midget now?
yes; on the basis that although A series engines are easily broken, I should always have one to use !
Old 2 Jul 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3915502)   #186
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
yes; on the basis that although A series engines are easily broken, I should always have one to use !
Good strategy! But i hope to see you out in CSCC Special Saloons and Modsports at some point???
Old 2 Jul 2019, 22:09 (Ref:3915569)   #187
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Good strategy! But i hope to see you out in CSCC Special Saloons and Modsports at some point???
we are going to Mondello next week....
Old 2 Jul 2019, 22:13 (Ref:3915572)   #188
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Good luck and enjoy.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3915984)   #189
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sounds like Spa was fun!

But hold up, 3 major Historic meets on the same weekend? 2 in Europe, 1 at Brands.

That can't be right?

Another example of fixture congestion. The org clubs need to communicate more to plan the 2020 calendar.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3915989)   #190
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The org clubs need to communicate more to plan the 2020 calendar.
Indeed. Seems that the first to communicate its calendar in Europe is PA.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3915992)   #191
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Sounds like Spa was fun!

But hold up, 3 major Historic meets on the same weekend? 2 in Europe, 1 at Brands.

That can't be right?

Another example of fixture congestion. The org clubs need to communicate more to plan the 2020 calendar.
James, from the car photos I’ve seen from the meeting, you’d have loved it!

Think you’re beating your head against a brick wall regarding organisers getting together to plan a calendar, but you’re absolutely right. Some can get away with running a meeting on the same w/end as another because their ‘customer base’ is different, but some can’t. As Gerard says, PA are usually first to announce a calendar, and as their events are all in mainland Europe, they don’t pay too much attention to what’s happening in the UK. I could see a serious problem, however, if one of their popular meetings clashed with Silverstone Classic!
Old 5 Jul 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3915994)   #192
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed and the three Spa meetings are usually announced by October so there's no excuse for clashes with those.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3916012)   #193
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Sounds like Spa was fun!

That can't be right?

Yes we had cars at all three.