Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2015, 19:58 (Ref:3550455)   #26
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
How can 2016 car be one year old car?
Not that I believe that Ford will enter Am, but the one-year-old rule was done away with before the beginning of last season I thought?
Old 14 Jun 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3550459)   #27
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Not that I believe that Ford will enter Am, but the one-year-old rule was done away with before the beginning of last season I thought?
No it's back for the new GTE rules. The new 2016 GTE cars would only be eligible for GTE-AM in 2017.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3550468)   #28
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 ford GT's would be a dream come true for me,would be awesome and would be nice to have a different car to go up against the aston and af course fleets.

I'm really worried about what can happen with toyota due to the poor also ran performance this weekend.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3550767)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
At the meeting Sam Collins was saying that an announcement was about to be made relating to alpine/renault but when it came it was the french president trying to bask in the glory of le mans, but he should know more than us so perhaps we will hear about this entry soon
Old 15 Jun 2015, 15:56 (Ref:3550780)   #30
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
At the meeting Sam Collins was saying that an announcement was about to be made relating to alpine/renault but when it came it was the french president trying to bask in the glory of le mans, but he should know more than us so perhaps we will hear about this entry soon
I think that we cannot see both NISMO and Alpine-Renault at Le Mans. Two big programs simultaneously are impossible for the Renault-Nissan group, though it is possible for VAG.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 16:51 (Ref:3550816)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
LMP2: Jan Lammers, Frits van Eerd, TBA
Old 15 Jun 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3550869)   #32
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
^ I thought I heard Hindy say 4 Fords for Le Mans but may have just been a slip of tongue or I heard wrong.
He did, there's two teams running the cars, one for WEC, one for TUSC. However Ford themselves haven't been entirely clear on whether all four will run at LM.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3550885)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right, now that the 2015 race is over I'll bite...

The Ford entries are really the biggest intrigue for me next year - particularly the drivers. I'd love to see four of them. Like Ben said above it's not been confirmed. If they did run 3-4 car would that goad AF Corse (with Ferrari $$$) into running a third Pro car?

Also in the GT ranks Beechdean look nailed on to enter the GTE they ran at the Aston Festival. It would also not surprise me at all to see TRG try to put together an AM entry. They had a huge fleet in that race and could probably get in with one of those IMSA entries. Same story for Shank. Some might baulk at more Astons but I'd be very surprised if Roald Goethe comes back next year after that shunt. Possibly a similar rationale to Horst Felbermayr Sr who never raced post his 2011 crash.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3550906)   #34
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just seen this tweet from Tenths' very own Mike Hedlund - https://twitter.com/mike_hedlund/sta...084736?lang=en

Would love to see him in the race next year.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3550997)   #35
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Right, now that the 2015 race is over I'll bite...

The Ford entries are really the biggest intrigue for me next year - particularly the drivers. I'd love to see four of them. Like Ben said above it's not been confirmed. If they did run 3-4 car would that goad AF Corse (with Ferrari $$$) into running a third Pro car?
No not at all. AF Corse's problem is not car count in the pro class. It's drivers. Outside of the Bruni, Vilander, and well lets just throw (eh) Fisichella in there. There lineup is a bit of a disaster (Rigon and Calado looked promising, but that was 2 years ago and they haven't really had a breakout race). Putting more of those so called factory drivers in another car isn't going to do anything. For the past 6-7 years, the buck stopped with the 51 Ferrari with Bruni on board. Not expecting that to change.

People aren't afraid of Ford, they are afraid of the BOP.

Last edited by Articus; 16 Jun 2015 at 03:03.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3551089)   #36
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Brabham are another team to put on any provisional list for next year. David sounded pretty bullish that they'd be on the grid next year.

Just got an email saying they are in early negotiations with potential investors. Let's see.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3552955)   #37
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see where Jos Verstappen is hoping to join up with Jan Lammers and Frits Van Eerd in all Dutch line up next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119630
Old 22 Jun 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3552981)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Interesting, that would probably be the oldest line up that has raced at le mans this century
Old 22 Jun 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3552986)   #39
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The team is looking for a all dutch line- up. With Max performing very good in F1 it is time for Jos to start driving again.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 21:05 (Ref:3553153)   #40
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Interesting, that would probably be the oldest line up that has raced at le mans this century
I'm just guessing but I think the combo we've seen recently of Nicolet/Maris/Merlin will take some beating on the age front.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3553286)   #41
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eurointernational are targeting an auto invite to LMP2 next year by winning the AsLMS LMP3 title. Also aiming to run in the ELMS next year.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...-mans-in-2016/
Old 23 Jun 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3553394)   #42
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I see where Jos Verstappen is hoping to join up with Jan Lammers and Frits Van Eerd in all Dutch line up next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119630
One would think Jeroen Bleekemolen and Renger van der Zande are good candidates too (and very much in their prime!).
Old 24 Jun 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3553733)   #43
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Blank, Mallegol, Bachelier Ferrari from 2014 has got to be up there surely?
Old 28 Jun 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3554582)   #44
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe I will have to add driver ages to my entry list...
Old 30 Jun 2015, 12:12 (Ref:3554884)   #45
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I called this a few pages back. No surprise to see TRG are looking at returning to Le Mans next year.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...eturn-in-2016/

You only had to take a look at the Aston Festival entry list to see the commitment was there. Clearly they have interested drivers. Getting an at-large invite from IMSA has to be very likely.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3554891)   #46
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I called this a few pages back. No surprise to see TRG are looking at returning to Le Mans next year.

You only had to take a look at the Aston Festival entry list to see the commitment was there. Clearly they have interested drivers. Getting an at-large invite from IMSA has to be very likely.
Didn't the at-large invites changed for 2016 auto-entries? Remember they're reserved for the top scoring amateur in P2 and GTLM machinery. So the P2 invite will most likely go to Shank. Don't think the 2nd invite will go to a GTLM team though, since there aren't any amateur drivers in that class (unless some of the Porsche factory drivers are still listed as silver or bronze).
Old 30 Jun 2015, 17:02 (Ref:3554967)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They can just entry the car under regular procedure. Also have AMR rebrand it "Aston Martin Racing TRG" in GTE-SHAM and you are almost quaranteed for it.... it's not like the AMR satellite teams a la Bamboo, Young Driver etc have been denied entries in the past

Anyway... less Astons the better I say...
Old 30 Jun 2015, 20:52 (Ref:3555021)   #48
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They can just entry the car under regular procedure. Also have AMR rebrand it "Aston Martin Racing TRG" in GTE-AM and you are almost quaranteed for it.... it's not like the AMR satellite teams a la Bamboo, Young Driver etc have been denied entries in the past

Anyway... less Astons the better I say...
Fixed that typo for you.

Also, what's the difference between having an (actually) amateur Aston and one less of the AF Corse amateur Ferrari fleet, for example?
Old 30 Jun 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3555023)   #49
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

With Christina behind the wheel!
She has a stated goal of racing at the 24h Le Mans race next year.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 21:05 (Ref:3555025)   #50
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
With Christina behind the wheel!
She has a stated goal of racing at the 24h Le Mans race next year.
It'd be great to see her race there.
Was she lined up in the Formula Racing reserve entry this year?