Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 May 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3904028)   #226
mathmax
Rookie

mathmax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my first time...

Good evening, I'm photogrpaher and I'm accreditated for the race, but big problme, I would share the accomodation with someone else, is it possible? Someone looking to share the accomodation in camper o something similar please?
Thank you very much.

Max
Old 17 May 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3904382)   #227
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hmmm, snow? Well, we had it at Silverstone a while back, but I think I probably need to add it to the 'banned words' list for Le Mans.....
Think about Andrew!! Someone think about building a skiing lodge just near the track!!! Only for you!!!
Old 17 May 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3904383)   #228
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
"Il n'y aura ni pluie, ni bruine."
Only storms and thunder!!!
Old 20 May 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3904946)   #229
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’ll be going again with my dad, my 13th year (if I counted correctly) which I don’t think is bad going at the age of 25! Started going over on the Friday and stopping an hour outside Le Mans and getting a good rest Friday night before the heading to the circuit Saturday morning just in time for warm up, I love seeing the cars Saturday morning after only seeing them on tv during the week!
Old 20 May 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3904951)   #230
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Flying visit then, you should take a few extra days off and enjoy quali and a relaxing friday before the main event.
Old 20 May 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3904956)   #231
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon is right. For many years I did the same as you Joe and finally moved to the 'do the whole thing from start to finish' approach in 2010 and I've never regretted it. I don't think I could go back to the weekend flying visit now....
Old 20 May 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3904958)   #232
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Simon is right. For many years I did the same as you Joe and finally moved to the 'do the whole thing from start to finish' approach in 2010 and I've never regretted it. I don't think I could go back to the weekend flying visit now....
Yeah it has a few cons the way we do it but it seems to work, we have camped and done a full week in the past but we are looking to go to the N24 the weekend after as well
Old 21 May 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3905031)   #233
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious - I'll be there. Look forward to seeing many of you very soon.
Old 21 May 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3905102)   #234
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dreaming of the Vesuvio yet Al?
Old 23 May 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3905341)   #235
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting quite excited now.

Received info from the tour operator and we will have Hindy and the RLM team with us on the Friday evening. Also we have access to the Porsche Curves banking. Evocative names and even if not the best viewing (I don't know) just knowing we can access these areas is mouthwatering.

Not sure I care much about the prototypes but the entry for the GTs is looking good. Two cameras at the ready.............................

Will be taking the most scenic route down.
Old 23 May 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3905356)   #236
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Received info from the tour operator and we will have Hindy and the RLM team with us on the Friday evening. Also we have access to the Porsche Curves banking. Evocative names and even if not the best viewing (I don't know) just knowing we can access these areas is mouthwatering.

Not sure I care much about the prototypes but the entry for the GTs is looking good. Two cameras at the ready.............................

Will you be staying at the Flexotel Village? I will be there too and I noticed about the access to the Porsche Curves banking which sounds nice!
Old 23 May 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3905358)   #237
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup we are in the flexotel village. See you there, look for an Old English White 1965 MGB.
Old 23 May 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3905359)   #238
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yup we are in the flexotel village. See you there, look for an Old English White 1965 MGB.
Will do! I'll be there with the cheapest rental car I can get
Old 23 May 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3905394)   #239
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

In a strange way Peter, it's great to 'feed' on your excitement because that's how it should be. As you might guess, I don't need any encouragement to get excited about being back at Le Mans again, but I see and read so much doom and gloom on FB and even here and there are times when I wonder if half the people who moan have ever been to Le Mans and if those who have either did it with their eyes and ears shut or through a multi-day alcohol fuelled stupor....
Old 23 May 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3905404)   #240
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In a strange way Peter, it's great to 'feed' on your excitement because that's how it should be. As you might guess, I don't need any encouragement to get excited about being back at Le Mans again, but I see and read so much doom and gloom on FB and even here and there are times when I wonder if half the people who moan have ever been to Le Mans and if those who have either did it with their eyes and ears shut or through a multi-day alcohol fuelled stupor....
Are they danes?
Old 23 May 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3905406)   #241
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think that alcohol fuelled oblivion is confined just to the Danes Matthias......
Old 23 May 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3905409)   #242
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't think that alcohol fuelled oblivion is confined just to the Danes Matthias......
But it cannot be denied that a large mass of them are Danes coming from two specific camp sites
Old 23 May 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3905412)   #243
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
there are still large groups of dutch who seem to be prepared to drink 24 hours a day but to be honest most nationalities have those groups, i myself have been know to over do things usually on the first few days before moderating my consumption of alcohol.
Old 24 May 2019, 06:04 (Ref:3905451)   #244
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
there will always be people that come for the drinking unfortunately the side effects are most of the time bad, last year we saw a tent go up in flames because some drunk *******s were playing with fireworks.
Old 24 May 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3905599)   #245
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
French groups too! I think it is an international phenomenon isn''t it?
Old 25 May 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3905667)   #246
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sadly drunken stupidity isn't confined to any particular nation Eric....
Old 25 May 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3905695)   #247
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i agree Andrew but i have also seen perfectly sober at le mans doing very silly things.
Old 25 May 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3905698)   #248
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
True enough Simon. Perhaps they were 'fuelled' by something else......
Old 25 May 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3905704)   #249
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Sadly drunken stupidity isn't confined to any particular nation Eric....
I agree!!
Old 25 May 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3905707)   #250
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
So one week left. Still calm at the circuit but some works
Attached Thumbnails
20190525_155740.jpg   20190525_160140.jpg   20190525_160155.jpg  

20190525_155643.jpg   20190525_155945.jpg   20190525_160356.jpg