Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 1 3.13%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 2 6.25%
6 9 28.13%
5 7 21.88%
4 6 18.75%
3 4 12.50%
2 2 6.25%
1 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Apr 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3900209)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019: Rate the Grand Prix

What score do you give it?
Old 28 Apr 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3900231)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4: snorefest
Old 28 Apr 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3900289)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ditto. Only made interesting by the possibility that Merc would manipulate a Lewis win.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3900305)   #4
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely amazing, I love seeing the underdog teams do well. The Ferrari is mega quick but the supreme skill of the Mercedes drivers really shines through. Kinda of odd though, underdogs winning so many races....no, no, the tv man said the red car is the fast one...
Old 28 Apr 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3900310)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5. Probably because I was expecting some real unpredictable action and we got virtually nothing.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3900312)   #6
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
5. Probably because I was expecting some real unpredictable action and we got virtually nothing.
Unprecedictable action? F1? I hate to be the one to tell this but...
Old 28 Apr 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3900314)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Not quite the mayhem of previous years, but I thought it was OK. 7
Old 28 Apr 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3900318)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought this year's race, might be as exciting as the last two GPs at Baku and was disappointed that I couldn't watch the race live, so it was highlights on C4. I needn't have been disappointed, as this year's race was in complete contrast to the last two. Highlights never do an event justice but even they were rather dull.

Old 28 Apr 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3900322)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 28 Apr 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3900324)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Unprecedictable action? F1? I hate to be the one to tell this but...
The sad thing is that Baku is the one place where it can happen. But not today.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 21:26 (Ref:3900350)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6. Not the most exciting race, especially by Baku standards, but not all bad despite Merc domination. At least there were some things that kept it interesting
Old 29 Apr 2019, 01:42 (Ref:3900375)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6, not too impressed.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3900387)   #13
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mercs were the only cars to show up to race.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2019, 03:13 (Ref:3900391)   #14
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4. Was expecting a lot more. Only real interesting thing was to see Riccardo making a brown pants decision and reversing into Kyvat.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 07:49 (Ref:3900409)   #15
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. Hard but sensible intra-team racing by the Mercs in the first couple of laps and again near the end. Not much else of note except Ferrari continue to hobble Leclerc, although at least they gave him a punt at fastest lap this time.

I'm not much of a fan of the Baku circuit. It's just another 90 left - straight - 90 right type of street circuit. Some people think the "Turn 8" bit injects excitement. To me it just seems like something out of Peter Ustinov's Grand Prix du Rock. Or maybe, a little like the old Starkey's Bridge on the pre-war Donington Park.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3900492)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 i didnt think it was a bad race. fairly typical imo.

if i have any issue, it is that the place does not seem to be teaming over with people. all those balconies and i saw one old lady with her grandkid and they werent even wearing team kit. there were some people on one roof but again not a large number.

whats the point of a street race if its not going to bring in people. i dont see this race lasting through to the end of their contract. i actually think its a bad look for F1.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3900523)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
very disappointing race as mercs ran away with it and very few incidents which to be honest we were all expecting, gave it a 4
Old 30 Apr 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3900694)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
6 i didnt think it was a bad race. fairly typical imo.

if i have any issue, it is that the place does not seem to be teaming over with people. all those balconies and i saw one old lady with her grandkid and they werent even wearing team kit. there were some people on one roof but again not a large number.

whats the point of a street race if its not going to bring in people. i dont see this race lasting through to the end of their contract. i actually think its a bad look for F1.
I'm not sure if they care whether there are people there to watch it trackside - the country are paying to presumably make people aware of Baku and Azerbaijan. I have to say from what I've seen it looks like an incredible place to visit - job done?
Old 30 Apr 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3900701)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's certainly a lot different to when I was there in 1999.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3900755)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm not sure if they care whether there are people there to watch it trackside - the country are paying to presumably make people aware of Baku and Azerbaijan. I have to say from what I've seen it looks like an incredible place to visit - job done?
actually think they just signed an extension so they must be doing well. certainly they have presented their city in a favorable way so on that front it is a success.

this is more coming from a personal bias, but if the crowd isnt there for a live sporting event then i tend to find myself wondering why i should bother watching it on TV.

the roar of the crowd and all that.

thinking about that though maybe its a bit of an outmoded way of thinking. size of the global internet audience, how many people can you connect with via social media, is the viewing experience integrated into my cell phone.

i have to admit that i do enjoy following along with twitter to see live comments, reactions to incidents etc. it does add to the experience maybe even more so then hearing the roar of the crowd!
Old 1 May 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3900922)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's certainly a lot different to when I was there in 1999.
Without wishing to veer off-topic for too long, can you elaborate, Peter?
Old 1 May 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3900925)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes, there was only one skyscraper and that was on fountain square, the Radisson SAS hotel. The square around the castle was full of cafes and great kebab restaurants.

You needed a visa before arrival.

The coast where the fountain is, was covered in oily substances and the oil wells out towards the south were heavily polluted. I could go on but my impression is that the place has been cleaned up dramatically.
Old 2 May 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3901143)   #23
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4. I started to watch it on Tuesday night and actually fell asleep.

Not the most riveting of races, was it?