Racer

Scotland
Fort William, Scotland
L-B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Sound of Televisions being turned off? Maybe in the UK

But certainly not in Italy.
TV figures dropped in Italy during 02 as well.

Oh and it was Bridgestone concentrating on Ferrari exclusively that moved McLaren to Michelin in the first place.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 19:55 (Ref:898464)   #102
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The subject of one tyre make is another thread, I seem to recall...
Old 8 Mar 2004, 19:58 (Ref:898470)   #103
CVT
Rookie

CVT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

did you guys turned the tv off, when Maca was lapping everybody in Australia and Brazil(execpt for M$) back in 98'?

Last edited by CVT; 8 Mar 2004 at 20:01.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 20:36 (Ref:898504)   #104
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly CVT. I didn't hear many people complaining then.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 20:48 (Ref:898525)   #105
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit, I remember being somewhat bored with that era aswell. No disrespect to their achievements though, Mac '98 or Ferrari '02, I just find it a little dull to see a one horse race.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 21:42 (Ref:898629)   #106
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
maybe....at some point.....someone...(anyone please) will not just move out of the fast lane for tgf...better yet...
bump him into the kitty litter....i know..thats not good form....but........
Old 8 Mar 2004, 21:43 (Ref:898630)   #107
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Knowlesy suggests banning tyres altogether and making them run on the rims! Why not stipulate wooden wheels !(no tyres, like wild west wagons)
This would force the teams to enter a whole new realm of technology particularly if they had to manufacture them themselves (like the chassis) no more acrid tyre smoke floating over the grid! No more punctures! People couldn't blame Bridgestone for the dull racing..
Oh.. er.. maybe we should just leave the situation as it is...

Last edited by Teretonga; 8 Mar 2004 at 21:46.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 21:58 (Ref:898663)   #108
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I heard that TGF and his poodle had the front row in qualifying, I didn't even bother to turn on the race. If this happens in the next race, I can guarantee you a lot more people will not tune in.

In 2002 they lost 25% of their audience. How many teams can afford to run without anybody watching?

That was a bad race and something needs to be done. But Bernie's comment sounds to me like he had given orders to Ferrari and they were not carried out. What's that all about?
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:03 (Ref:898668)   #109
CVT
Rookie

CVT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ferrari managed to close the gap to McLaren back in 98'. why cant Williams and McLaren do the same thing?
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:03 (Ref:898670)   #110
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
When I heard that TGF and his poodle had the front row in qualifying, I didn't even bother to turn on the race.
But you felt it imperative, to give an opinion anyway?
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:04 (Ref:898672)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
When I heard that TGF and his poodle had the front row in qualifying, I didn't even bother to turn on the race. If this happens in the next race, I can guarantee you a lot more people will not tune in.

In 2002 they lost 25% of their audience. How many teams can afford to run without anybody watching?

That was a bad race and something needs to be done. But Bernie's comment sounds to me like he had given orders to Ferrari and they were not carried out. What's that all about?
You're right. It is all Michael's fault, how dare he drive so much quicker. Outrageous.

As for that particular conspiracy theory. My feeling is that it is complete rubbish. Bernie didn't expect Ferrari to put in such a good performance, as most people didn't. That is what Bernie's comment sounds like.

Last edited by Adam43; 8 Mar 2004 at 22:07.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 22:21 (Ref:898696)   #112
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by CVT
Ferrari managed to close the gap to McLaren back in 98'. why cant Williams and McLaren do the same thing?
That's what I am hoping for, but Ferrari are such a formidable force I'm afraid it won't happen.

Last edited by Raven; 8 Mar 2004 at 22:27.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 23:39 (Ref:898794)   #113
Stephenw
Rookie

Stephenw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
But Bernie's comment sounds to me like he had given orders to Ferrari and they were not carried out. What's that all about?
Yeah, because Bernie runs Ferrari...

Old 9 Mar 2004, 02:10 (Ref:898898)   #114
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I frankly think that i rather see a boring race than let the critics have the chance to bare their claws.

When Ferrari/MS wins , they come up with many bad theories, rubbish Ferrari's wins, claim it spoils the sport, and blame Ferrari/MS for anything they can find...

When Ferrari/MS loses, they would jump with joy, not hesitate to rub salt in wounds, claim how "great" their own idol is, claim that their idol/team is the one that's good for the sport, and heap praises on their idol and claiming how MS is past it and should retire.

It's almost tiresome if not outright sad.

Thankfully, and may i remind the Ferrari-critics, F1 is more than pleasing you lot.

Did Ferrari fans turn off their TV in their WDC drought years? i don't think there's as much complains and whining in a season then compared to what the current critics have generated in a race.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 02:11 (Ref:898901)   #115
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now, before the critics continue their "F1 would succeed only if Ferrari fail" theory, let them answer a simple question "Who's to blame for Ferrari's domination?"
Old 9 Mar 2004, 06:31 (Ref:899040)   #116
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
You honestly believe that?
It needs to be 2 others, not just one. Mercedes and BMW have enough clout in the car industry for Bstone not to **** them off. Also remember before there was only 1 type of tyre allowed per manufacturer; Bstone would be able to make a bespoke tyre for each team, rather than a bespoke tyre for Ferrari around which McLaren and Williams would have to scrabble.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 07:22 (Ref:899066)   #117
Gt_R
Veteran

Honestly i don't see why people criticise BS and Ferrari for working together. The other teams complain only when they couldn't get the level of commitment themselves. Why else do you think Williams made a quick switch to Michelin, the first of the top 3 teams? They wanted to establish themselves as THE leading team of Michelin in a bid to get a good deal out of it.

Every team wants it. It's just that Ferrari makes it work, the others can't. And the sour-grapes just follow from theire fans.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 21:51 (Ref:900012)   #118
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by CVT

Because neither Williams or McLaren have Michael Schumacher

I can see fans begging Bernie to bribe Schumi to move to McLaren to make the season interesting
Old 9 Mar 2004, 22:31 (Ref:900079)   #119
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muhammad Ali - sorry you can't box anymore you're too good.
Michael Jordan - sorry you gotta retire you're too good.
Tiger Woods - sorry you gotta retire you're too good.
Ronaldo -
Pele -
Bjorn Borg -
Donovan Bailey -
David Campese -
Andre Agassi -
Boris Becker -
Billie-Jean King -
John McEnroe - you can tell this guy
Martina Navratilova

bored now - get the message
Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:44 (Ref:900711)   #120