Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Sep 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3672624)   #1001
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
As such it should make greg998 quite happy

Yeah I bet he'll start work as soon as he sees that post
Old 15 Sep 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3672628)   #1002
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still find it the ugliest of the LMP3 bunch, though the paint makes it look a little better.
But at this rate, I don't think we will see it in the ELMS this year...
Old 15 Sep 2016, 20:21 (Ref:3672636)   #1003
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
From what I've heard, the LMP3 project has been somewhat neglected in favor of developing the LMP2. Ave has done more of the work than generally been assumed.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 23:06 (Ref:3672651)   #1004
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
But at this rate, I don't think we will see it in the ELMS this year...
And you would be correct. Per S365, the Ave-Riley LMP3 race debut has now been pushed back to 2017:
Quote:
The Ave-Riley AR-2 will not make its race debut until early next year, following a decision to delay the LMP3 car’s homologation in order to evaluate further aero developments.

The American-built LMP3 car, which was slated to debut in this year’s European Le Mans Series with Murphy Prototypes, is on now on track to be ready for the 2017 IMSA and ELMS seasons, according to project leader Tony Ave.

“I’ve sold enough of them now, that I’m better off letting the guys that bought them test this one. It keeps me over here so we can get them done in time for March,” Ave told Sportscar365.

Ave said he’s already sold six cars, with the first completed chassis, which took part in a multi-day test at the Red Bull Ring in July, on display in the paddock at Circuit of The Americas this weekend.

A testing and development program is planned for the next 45 days, which will see the final configuration of the car locked down, prior to the ACO’s final inspection, which Ave said is scheduled for December.
More here.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 01:48 (Ref:3672690)   #1005
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I can see it being not FIA homologated after all but allowed into IMSA's Lites next year nevertheless.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3672788)   #1006
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I can see it being not FIA homologated after all but allowed into IMSA's Lites next year nevertheless.
All they are doing is ensuring they have the best aero prior to homologation... Pretty silly to homologate a car that will have a competitive disadvantage.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 27 Sep 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3675531)   #1007
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ESM have bought a Ligier LMP3
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 27 Sep 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3675536)   #1008
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
For Ed to race on the non-NAEC weekends?
Old 27 Sep 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3675538)   #1009
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New TOY for ED ?
Perhaps dropping down a class ?
Old 27 Sep 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3675541)   #1010
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ESM has 3 full time and 1 part time participants in IMSA lights L1 class, I would imagine it is in prep of staying in the top class of car (now P3), for the new '17 PC series.

L.P.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3675560)   #1011
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think they have all four here at a road Atlanta this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few LMP3s in their team, Dayson in the 12 has already said he looks forward to a season in the LMP3 car and probably has the funds to buy a chassis or two. His teammate, Hanratty will benefit from this and would not be surprised to see them in a WSC P car in the future.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a BAR1 liveried LMP3 car next season as well. If they find a driver, or the boss wants to run in the top class, of course.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3675588)   #1012
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think they have all four here at a road Atlanta this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few LMP3s in their team, Dayson in the 12 has already said he looks forward to a season in the LMP3 car and probably has the funds to buy a chassis or two. His teammate, Hanratty will benefit from this and would not be surprised to see them in a WSC P car in the future.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a BAR1 liveried LMP3 car next season as well. If they find a driver, or the boss wants to run in the top class, of course.
Hanratty and Dayson are also on the main grid for Petit. Hanratty in the #88 Starworks PC and a late entry of the #7 Starworks PC for Dayson with the other 2 drivers yet to be named.

L.P.
Old 28 Sep 2016, 09:34 (Ref:3675665)   #1013
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I wouldn't be either, seeing as, IIRC, they've already bought a chassis.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3675942)   #1014
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
For Ed to race on the non-NAEC weekends?
Why not full time? He can use some (a lot in fact) more track time and the P3 is closer to the P2. I doubt it'll compromise his efforts in the main series too much but then again I'm sure about his abilities to adapt to 2 different cars on the same weekend.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3675971)   #1015
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got a chance to see the ESM Ligiers P3 car this morning followed by the Riley. Wow that is a stark contrast.

The ligier had 2 seats in it.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3675974)   #1016
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Old 29 Sep 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3675975)   #1017
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I got a chance to see the ESM Ligiers P3 car this morning followed by the Riley. Wow that is a stark contrast.

The ligier had 2 seats in it.
Do you have more detail photos?
Old 29 Sep 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3676011)   #1018
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do you have more detail photos?
A few

And avert your eyes:
Old 29 Sep 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3676024)   #1019
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
And avert your eyes:
While I think it's highly unlikely given the competition they have for this one, I can't be the only one who would get a kick out of it if the extra time Riley was taking on this car's development resulted in a repeat of what happened in DP - the car that was by far the ugliest being the one that performs the best.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:39 (Ref:3677502)   #1020
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
ACO isn't happy with the 24 hour series allowing P3.

http://sportscar365.com/gt/24hseries...-proto-series/

It seems ACO wants a fee to be paid to them. I would understand that in a way, but can't anybody buy a P3 and run it where they want? There are cars running stateside in private hands and the ACO isn't complaining about that so really I don't see the difference.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3677504)   #1021
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...to-series.html
Quote:
“The ACO denies having granted to CREVENTIC the LMP3 brand, as well as LMP3 technical regulations, which are its exclusive property.
I didn't know the latter.

EDIT You beat me joeb.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3677508)   #1022
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I can understand ACO owns the "LMP3" name but I find it hard to believe they can forbid an organizer to run a class for these cars or an owner to race these cars in a series.
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3677514)   #1023
Coach Ep
Veteran

They can't - but they can 'award' that team/driver with a no-entry for the ELMS/Le Mans support race...
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:55 (Ref:3677519)   #1024
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Infinity Race Engineering withdraw Adess from AsLMS

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/inf...revenir-en-gt/

car "like a rough diamond"

"customers are not ready to jump into a car that needed development"

Mariantic
Old 5 Oct 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3677531)   #1025
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
They can't - but they can 'award' that team/driver with a no-entry for the ELMS/Le Mans support race...
True ACO has the power to do that.