Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Feb 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3365794)   #1
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco Historic GP

I'm planning to go to the Historic Grand Prix during my holiday, most likely on Sunday 11th May. The ACM website offers grandstand tickets but does not mention paddock tickets. I would appreciate if visitors to previous events could advise :

Can spectators access the paddock?
Which grandstand area(s) offer the best view?

Many thanks.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3366059)   #2
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco Historic 2014

Usually the paddock are open to visitors for lunch break entering via the red building, but it is better to ask to ACM.MC.
One of the best point to watch is K1 grandstands by the famous Tabac corner from there you can see the big screen. Friday practices are free.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3366077)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another attraction for this year's meeting is that James Hunt's Hesketh 308-01 is to be auctioned at the annual auction in Monaco.

This chassis was the one that he drove to his first F1 victory at Silverstone, albeit that it was a non-championship race.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3368209)   #4
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimao View Post
Usually the paddock are open to visitors for lunch break entering via the red building, but it is better to ask to ACM.MC.
One of the best point to watch is K1 grandstands by the famous Tabac corner from there you can see the big screen. Friday practices are free.
Many thanks for the information. I've booked tickets and am looking forward to a great event.
Old 14 Feb 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3368565)   #5
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We can offer transport from Slough in the UK to Monaco.

Pls PM me here or contact Mike Hibberd directly

Rudolf
Old 24 Feb 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3371815)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the confirmations have been mailed out

I am in with 2 cars, a first for me

Lotus 18 in the pre 66 race
March 721 in the pre 72 race

Who else is in ?
with what ?
Rudolf
Old 25 Feb 2014, 06:52 (Ref:3371893)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Monaco Historic GP

Invites and entries being decided.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3371961)   #8
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Invites and entries being decided.

rejections also
some of these have been mailed out as well

Rudolf
Old 25 Feb 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3371966)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, I was being positive!
Old 26 Feb 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3372413)   #10
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just saw that entries are now on the ACM website
Old 26 Apr 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3398492)   #11
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
time to bring this thread back up again.

We have prepped and tested one car and will do the other one next week.

then it will be time to pack and set of for the long haul

have started to look at my old footage from 2012

Rudolf
Old 5 May 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3402408)   #12
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weather looking quite good...
Old 5 May 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3402436)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Weather looking quite good...
Iain will be quite disappointed if it isn't like Nurburgring last weekend.....

My neighbours are loading at the moment, very envious!

Enjoy.

Old 7 May 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3403448)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Weather not that great but it's dry.

Will go over for lunch on Friday .

Understand Friday is no longer a quiet day!

Back to Antibes Friday afternoon .

It a good event but much the same each time.
Old 7 May 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3403521)   #15
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MotorsTV has live coverage over the weekend.
Old 8 May 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3403659)   #16
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
MotorsTV has live coverage over the weekend.
Well spotted! No DIY for me this weekend then.....
Old 8 May 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3403725)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So, can anyone suggest an app for iPad that will enable me to watch it, or alternatively a live stream link?

Old 8 May 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3403736)   #18
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, I vaguely remember a discussion a few weeks ago (on one of the Historic threads I think) about ways to access Motors TV online. I think Gordon Streeter contributed to the discussion and he may have some suggestion re access.

It might have been about the Motors TV live day at Donington? I'd stress that it's a very vague recollection! So apologies to Gordon if I've 'named the wrong man'.
Old 9 May 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3403990)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Weather improving.

On way for lunch by the paddock.

Should be back today and can watch stuff on TV tomorrow

Decent weekend!
Old 9 May 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3404242)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where can I get a schedule of timing of the races being broadcast on Motors TV... Especially interested in knowing what time they are broadcasting the 50's Sportscar race and what race they are showing before and after it - thanks
Old 9 May 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3404245)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Where can I get a schedule of timing of the races being broadcast on Motors TV... Especially interested in knowing what time they are broadcasting the 50's Sportscar race and what race they are showing before and after it - thanks
Go to motorstv.com website and on home page top left is button for UK TV guide.....

When you've selected the day you also have to do same for which 6hr times slot you want to see.

Old 9 May 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3404251)   #22
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Seeing some nice images of the event build up on Twitter (social media confession time again) - which led me to this Goodwood link to the event with a few images posted. Hopefully, they will keep that updated - it does say 'more to come'!

http://grrc.goodwood.com/race/histor...-bash-rocks#/0
Old 9 May 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3404281)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Go to motorstv.com website and on home page top left is button for UK TV guide.....

When you've selected the day you also have to do same for which 6hr times slot you want to see.

Well 6 hours might be a little excessive but found the timings on Motors TV thank you. Stupid question but are they UK or European time as I am arranging the race to be recorded for me so need to get the right time!
Old 9 May 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3404287)   #24
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice shot of Mr. Rowley's charge for the weekend.

http://grrc.goodwood.com/race/histor...bash-rocks#/14
Old 9 May 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3404301)   #25
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Live timing results for qualifying.

http://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/201...A9finitif1.pdf

If I have read the timetable correctly the F3 entry gives a 20 min practice/qualifying after which 6 cars have been dropped from the 40 entered. Then, maybe, 2 races. One on Saturday for 20 mins (presumably the numbers are then reduced once again) and one on Sunday for 18 laps or 45 mins whichever is the sooner.

One might fancy a little more practice time I would have thought. But presumably that would not fit in with anyone's schedule.