Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > Formula Teddy Out The Pram

Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2487026)   #126
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah... but soon someone will "explain" why is not the way he thinks.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2487031)   #127
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the guys managing the "teams-on-the-waiting-list". (Epsilon-Euskadi, "Lotus", "Brabham", "March" and the likes...)

* Are we interested in joining F1 (minus the manufacturers?)
* Are we interested in joining FOTA?
* If handed an entry by FIA for 2010, will they honor it, or will we be dropped if FOTA & FIA find a compromise anyhow?
* Do we continue with our F1 plans or not? If there's no split, we won't have an entry and we'll only throw away more money. If the split is real, and we don't continue, we won't have a sporting chance at success...

Hard times ahead ...
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2487039)   #128
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone watching the BBC coverage today would have seen Eddie Jordan give Bernie Ecclestone a right tongue lashing about what's going on at the moment - saying verbatim what the rest of us on blogs etc... have been saying - i.e. sort this mess out and sort it now ! Bernie said that he'd try. Let's see.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2487106)   #129
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
One mans opinion concise and to the point..
"It is simply not understandable that all teams share their view on how to approach the reforms and the governing body still wants to implement something else."

It's not really an opinion that is different to most opinions,but what he fails to point out is that FOTA reforms just don't go far enough to keep F1 alive.The manufacturers have failed to give the FIA or FOM any sort of guarantee that they'll stick around (including Ferrari!) and so it wouldn't surprise anyone under the current economic circumstances if any one or more of the remaining manufacturer teams did a 'Honda' at the end of the season regardless of which side of the fence they're on.

And I would suggest that even inside FOTA not everyone is in total agreement.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2487184)   #130
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well isn't this fun. F1 shooting itself in the foot again.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 07:50 (Ref:2488814)   #131
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Evidently they are going to call it Champ Car ...
Old 23 Jun 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2488841)   #132
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Evidently they are going to call it Champ Car ...
Chump Car more like, leaving Max and Bernie to run the rival Flimsy Racing League.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2488855)   #133
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Maybe Toyota will have to leave F1...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8114209.stm
Old 23 Jun 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2488864)   #134
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8114209.stm
If Toyota leave F1, who is going to power Williams? Cosworth once again?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2488950)   #135
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's about time, A similar thing happen a decade + ago in the Aus. After Group A and group C and World Touring car regs, We were all told the future lies with Super Tourers. Nobody wants old style V8's. SO a group got together, hire a Rock Promoter and plugged away. Now we have the V8 Supercars series , and they are now looking at growing the product.

SOme years ago F1 was in a similar stage, Yet Bernie "AKA Money bags" and Max decreed we run the show. Slowly it has followed a painful death. If you dont pay me millions you can't play with F1. You will race a night or lose you Gp status.

Do these people really think that punters around the world give a hoot about the FIA ? I can only hope they go through with it and force a dried prune and an ageing president out and never let them have control on the sport again.

Best thing to happen to the sport for years.

Finally they can change the slogan from "The World According to F1(read Bernies show, give me the money) "

To the true Pinnacle of Motor Sport( No Bernie No Max No FIA)

The yanks do ok with Bernie and Max, so it can't be that bad.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2488975)   #136
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
John Howett said that they were commited to F1 until 2012.Don't you believe him ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the only ones to be thinking about 'doing a Honda' at the end of this season.It was only because Toyota were persuaded by Panasonic to keep going that they are on the grid this year! And remember,this year they 'must' win!

Once they all realise that you need either Ross Brawn or Adrian Newey to succeed in F1,then we will eventually see them all leave.Ferrari will battle on,relying on rule changes in its favour to make up the defecit.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2488985)   #137
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Once they all realise that you need either Ross Brawn or Adrian Newey to succeed in F1,then we will eventually see them all leave.Ferrari will battle on,relying on rule changes in its favour to make up the defecit.
Yep... you're speaking a lot of sense here. Couple that to the dreadful state of the parent companies' businesses and there's little reason for them to continue. I still contend that this current fiasco is contrived in part to provide an exit route for a number of the current teams where they'll be able to save face.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2489059)   #138
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I still contend that this current fiasco is contrived in part to provide an exit route for a number of the current teams where they'll be able to save face.
Mosley probably knows even more than Briatore as to what the current situation is at Renault for example.Of course all we've had from Ghosn is that Bernie should give Renault more money to compete in a series that advertisers his products all around the world.More money from Bernie? Good luck with that!
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2489220)   #139
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
How to reduce your fan base in one fell swoop!

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/06/2...akaway-series/
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2489230)   #140
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
How to reduce your fan base in one fell swoop!

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/06/2...akaway-series/
That article has no factual basis whatsoever - pointless conjecture worthy of a forum post, not a web article. I shall ignore

If FOTA get nearer to actually having a championship, a TV deal will be one of the LAST pieces to sort out, not the first - and then they'll definitely be trying to get on free to air/advertiser paid stations in the first instance.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2489240)   #141
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
That article has no factual basis whatsoever - pointless conjecture worthy of a forum post, not a web article. I shall ignore
Strange.I thought it was right up there with the FOTA 2010 race calendar for "factual basis".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
If FOTA get nearer to actually having a championship, a TV deal will be one of the LAST pieces to sort out, not the first - and then they'll definitely be trying to get on free to air/advertiser paid stations in the first instance.
True.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2489351)   #142
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
PULSERACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Breakaway

A great weekend was had at silverstone with good racing and great weather ,but the whole way through the talk was about the threat of a breakaway with FOTA devising there own championship. I have watched F1 for nearly 20 years and overall the organisation is superb with Bernie being ringmaster and the FIA sorting out the regulations. There is no doubt that F1 costs need to be dropped and with the inclusion of 3 new teams this has to be a good thing but on the flip side this sport is all about the best ,and the best will cost alot. Talk went around that a certain Flavio Briatore is the leader in the FOTA fallout and he sees himself running the show. It has to be asked whether 8 of the most clever business minds can agree on a leader and organise a championship in little over 8 months. Bernie is composed as always and Max Mosley seems calm on the issue so what are your thoughts on this . Will our sport split like in Indy car years back . I feel not mainly as the FOTA teams struggle to decide what flavoured water to have at lunch , and need an independent like Bernie to tell them how it is . What do you think ?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2489355)   #143
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi PULSERACING. I've merged your thread with this long one in the new sub-forum.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2489417)   #144
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skysports doesn't seem to do the Premier League any harm...
Old 23 Jun 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2489448)   #145
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSERACING View Post
Talk went around that a certain Flavio Briatore is the leader in the FOTA fallout and he sees himself running the show.
This talk must be from some lost tribe from the amazon rainforest... they have to tune up with what's happening.

Quote:
I have watched F1 for nearly 20 years and overall the organisation is superb with Bernie being ringmaster and the FIA sorting out the regulations.
F1, well that's Formula ONE.

Quote:
It has to be asked whether 8 of the most clever business minds can agree on a leader and organise a championship in little over 8 months. Bernie is composed as always and Max Mosley seems calm on the issue so what are your thoughts on this . Will our sport split like in Indy car years back . I feel not mainly as the FOTA teams struggle to decide what flavoured water to have at lunch , and need an independent like Bernie to tell them how it is . What do you think ?
On seconds thoughts, forget that amazon tribe thing... Peace, that's planet earth !
Old 24 Jun 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2489473)   #146
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Public Apology

I would like to apologize to Teretonga and Marbot about a discussion we had some days ago about the public that watch F1, you're absolutely right (at least, on the island ) !
Old 24 Jun 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2489479)   #147
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I would like to apologize to Teretonga and Marbot about a discussion we had some days ago about the public that watch F1, you're absolutely right (at least, on the island ) !
*Sticks head nervously out of trench* Apology accepted! *head back in trench*
Old 24 Jun 2009, 02:01 (Ref:2489485)   #148
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
John Howett said that they were commited to F1 until 2012.Don't you believe him ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the only ones to be thinking about 'doing a Honda' at the end of this season.It was only because Toyota were persuaded by Panasonic to keep going that they are on the grid this year! And remember,this year they 'must' win!

There is something about this chap John Howett that I don't trust or care for..What is it?
Old 24 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2489571)   #149
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
There is something about this chap John Howett that I don't trust or care for..What is it?
He's as 'faceless' as the company he works for,but there is a certain something that you just can't put your finger on (although my wife listed him in her 'people in F1 with 'Max Mosley' type psycological traits').

He also is the head of a large organisation in Germany that has ambitions to rule the world!
Old 24 Jun 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2489586)   #150
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
He's as 'faceless' as the company he works for,but there is a certain something that you just can't put your finger on (although my wife listed him in her 'people in F1 with 'Max Mosley' type psycological traits').
He's as Nick Fry was last year... the western puppet/fallguy of a faceless Japanese organization. He will continue to spout politically correct junk until without warning his switch [and that of everyone in Cologne] is turned off by Japan. The same as happened at Honda.