Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Apr 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2445744)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds like you all had a great time. The Vauxhall Lotus we prepared had a couple of 3rd places in Mono race so he was happy with the set up,.Only trouble he had was leaving the fuel cap loose and the car caught fire.Not too bad he is more upset about his overalls. Least they worked.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2445787)   #27
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another excellent CSCC meeting with fantastic weather once again

Commiserations to Podd for his electrical problem in the assembly area (would have possibly made the race if the eagle eyed Scrut hadn't been around)

I had an excellent race with continous dices with 'smaller' cars. Tried to hang onto the tail of the E-Types from the start but slowly dropped away due to spending too much time defeding from the 'Yool' Anglia. Too much throttle and not enough talent resulted in a spin entering the start/finish straight which let the Anglia and two Sprites past. Managed to get by the first one within a couple of laps but not the second one. We had a great dice for many laps until the Sprite pulled in for the mandatory pit stop. Followed him in and got back out in front. Chased after the Anglia and was reeling him in but got slightly held up by a TR which suddenly slowed on the first corner (and retired one corner later). Not enough laps left to chase down the Anglia but had a great view of it drifting over the rise at the top of the hill.

Many thanks to all the organisers, Marshalls and competitors for another great days racing.

PS: Nice to finally meet Turbster, the Ryans in their Mexico, and davidgt4 - whose Ferrari singed the front of my car in practice with its flamethrower on the over-run
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 20 Apr 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2445906)   #28
davidgt4
Rookie

United Kingdom
Surrey
davidgt4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day out at Anglesey on Sunday and good to meet some of the guys off here - a very sociable meeting. The Coastal circuit layout is spectacular - I watched the Swinging 60's from the banking overlooking Rocket, Peel and the Corkscrew, what a view. The racing was great with race long battles all down the field. Sad to see the 128 not make it, but it lookesd spot on.

The GT4 held up well on its debut in Future Classics, glad to know it's still BBQ'ing the following pack with flames despite the quieter exhaust and more effective ignition. First race for the car and my first 40min. race - obviously well off the pace of most of the runners but it coped well for what is still an MOT'd and taxed road car with a very standard engine. I enjoyed it enormously and will be back for more at Brands in a few weeks. The CSCC ran a fine meeting
CSCC & PFFC #74 Dino 308GT4
Old 21 Apr 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2446210)   #29
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
As usual, an excellent meeting. It's always a pleasure to marshal at a CSCC meeting - interesting cars, good racing &, above all, some of the best driving standards around, although I must comment that too many drivers don't appear to be aware that when the safety car boards & waved yellows come out there's no overtaking. . .and overtaking under yellows on the pit straight, in full view of race control, isn't a wise move!

I had the opportunity to have a good look at the Mexico on Sunday morning - lovely little car, although having run one as a road car in the dim, distant past I may be biased!

Moosehead's spin was very impressive - race control's reply when I radioed it in was 'we were surprised you could see it through all that smoke'! turbster's Scimitar. . . what can I say? It has no right to be that fast!
Old 21 Apr 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2446335)   #30
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two of the cars in question....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG00025-20090418-2023.jpg   IMG00030-20090418-2041.jpg  
Old 21 Apr 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2446339)   #31
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Another excellent CSCC meeting with fantastic weather once again

Commiserations to Podd for his electrical problem in the assembly area (would have possibly made the race if the eagle eyed Scrut hadn't been around)
Thanks Moose. In fairness I think he may have turned the other way but it would have taken probably 10 mins to sort and I couldn't see the point after loosing that much time. Also I was a bit concerned as it's the second switch failure I've had so I want to check the wiring.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2446851)   #32
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great meeting, thanks to all at CSCC, Marshalls, scrutineers etc. Good to meet you guys, sorry didn't meet you all, maybe next time?

The Mexico ran well apart from the washer bottle coming off (genuine early white one, I was told!) and landing on the exhaust manifold in practice. We completed almost 2 hours of track time and had the best time. Everybody seemed to like the car.

Shame Paul didn't make it out into the race, as we were looking forward to a good battle. I overtook the Mini on the first lap, but he had me back again a few laps later. After that we were chasing everybody home.

Daniel did the Sports v Saloon race at the end, to get track time and finally managed to beat my lap time by a whisker - a sign of things to come?

Well worth the long drive - the good weather really helped.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2447058)   #33
turbster
Rookie

England
West Yorkshire
turbster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
turbster's Scimitar. . . what can I say? It has no right to be that fast!
I think that's a compliment Cheers Dave and thanks for marshalling...

Pictures of SS and FC qualifying here http://www.norwichphoto.co.uk/motorsport.htm
Swinging Sixties #3 TVR Tuscan V8
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2447064)   #34
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbster View Post
I think that's a compliment
It is!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2447677)   #35
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for linking to my site - best url is www.norwichphoto.co.uk/mono2009

I'm there normally to cover Monoposto so class other races as 'support races' and are in running order.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2447742)   #36
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew, & there was me thinking that Mono supported us!!!!!!!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2447815)   #37
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One persons main event is anothers support race. Its just a question of perspective!