Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Mar 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2421340)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
13" wire wheels

where can I buy competition 13" wire wheels?
Old 21 Mar 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2421370)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
A: make them out of cheap shirt hangers from the ironing shop

B: Borrani, theys een Eetalee innit

C: get some from the Tartan rug club, Midgets ones are 13"
Old 21 Mar 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2421412)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
There are loads of Yank and Aus wires made and sold all over the world.
The main problem being getting the right fitting and offset, not to mention how good they would be for competition use. It also is a bit of a minefield as you have probably found out.
If it was me I would approach a historic team that use them and try and get some feedback.
But then I suppose that's why you posted it on here !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Mar 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2421477)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or you could try Moss. [no,not Bros] Then there MWS of course.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2421485)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
What's the weather like up in the "flatlands" Terry.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Mar 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2421557)   #6
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
the weather for wirewheels is not good. its cold at night and hummid. so they tend to rust. (I talk about the thruly indian made 100% british wheels not Borranis)
Old 22 Mar 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2421856)   #7
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon, PM me or post here some more details like offset and width. With some luck I may be able to find them.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2421866)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I bought some wire wheels from MWS last year for the Volpini FJ. Fantastic service give me a call or pm i will give you their no Simon.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2421870)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Here we go www.mwsint.com
Old 22 Mar 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2421894)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post

At the moment its fantastic Gordon,why,are you thinking of coming up,if so I can arrange a day pass for you.