Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Aug 2002, 12:29 (Ref:359696)   #1
05forever
Racer

05forever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats your tele coverage??

In Eastern Australia with the exception of the Aussie GP all we get is usually a 1-2 hour delayed telecast of the race and about 60% of the post race interviews. Pay doesn't even have an option to pay for any more coverage

From some recent posts, some of you obviously get qulifying live so just for interest , who gets what????
Old 17 Aug 2002, 12:45 (Ref:359704)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in the UK we get everything LIVE ..also no adverts either ...live friday practice ( both sessions )..saturday practice , qualifing , race day warm up and the race......also 1 of the support races also .
Its Pay per veiw .....£12 a race weekend ...but worth every penny .

Last edited by Sato san; 17 Aug 2002 at 12:45.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 12:52 (Ref:359706)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone heard what Cart is doing ?.....

Bernie and F1 could learn alot from them.....

if you live in a area where you cant see the Cart races , or you just cant get to a tv set , you can go to WWW.CART.COM and watch the all the races on the internet....i dont think its live , but a hour delayed or something .And in a few weeks they are going to show all the qualifing also .

So if you live anywhere in the world where you cant follow the races , you can now watch them in full on the net . For me , this is great as in the uk we dont get to see the qualifing sessions on tv , so now we can watch them online .

I mention this because if Bernie allowed this to happen with F1 , many people around the world would get to see much more coverage than they get now .
Old 17 Aug 2002, 13:00 (Ref:359709)   #4
05forever
Racer

I'd love that for F1 all we get is basic on at 11.00pm. I have to watch the live time feed. Cart doesn't float my boat but i'll check it out we get delayed telcast by a week.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 17:01 (Ref:359819)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We get qualifying and races live on Catalan TV, not for the whole of Spain.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 17:19 (Ref:359827)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV's coverage is better than that Sky ****. Much rather have free coverage. Sky's would be better if it was free.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 18:03 (Ref:359848)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In cable systems, Fox Sports Latin America offers complete coverage, a semanal program, live qualifying and race. On air TV, Telefé repeats only the race approx. two hours after the event.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 18:44 (Ref:359867)   #8
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here in Canada, we get qualifying live, and the race live with a half hour pre-race show and post-race analysis until 10:00 EDT (2 hours after the start), unless something else like curling runs late as it did for the Aussie GP. This is on cable, but for the Canadian GP the Bernievision feed of the race is shown on the CTV terrestrial network, which owns TSN.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:21 (Ref:359934)   #9
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
ITV's coverage is better than that Sky ****. Much rather have free coverage. Sky's would be better if it was free.

I pay just 6 quid a race to see 2 days of all the practice sessions, Qualifying, warm up and the race! On F1 digital which has 8 screens to chose from 3 track views, Pit Lane, In car (all of them in turn no chatter or silly music! just the sound from the car) Replays, AND THE DATA! (the same as the teams get!...all the splits, sector times! when YOU want to see them!) More interviews than terrestorial TV. (they can't say no to 'Bernie TV'!)

Best of all is the commentary and commentators John Watson is witty and very well informed as is Peter Windsor in the pit lane (I ONLY miss Martin Brundle from ITVs prog.)

For me F1 digital is far, far, far, better than ITV which has to have commercial breaks! to pay for it...which drove me crackers!!!
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:25 (Ref:359937)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sky coverage is better in every possible way. Hakkiman, I presume you speak as a guy who hasn't witnessed the Sky coverage in its full glory.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:31 (Ref:359939)   #11
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also isn't it fun looking at the 8 screen view, spotting the bit of action YOU want and selecting that view yourself?

Anthony dropped Kimi's folks off at Silverstone on race day and went home and watched the race on Sky!
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:32 (Ref:359940)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched Australis and Brazil practice on SKy, but prefered ITV for the race. I need ITV's coverage for adverts, to have toilet breaks.

Its not like we miss anything while the adverts are on. Maybe we miss Michael setting another fastest lap.

Sky would be better off having free coverage like Eurosport used to have. They did fantastic coverage. Sky needs to loose the annoying studio people and concentrate on the track action.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:36 (Ref:359943)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you use the super channel (option 2) with just wattie and Edwards they do stick to the track action. Wattie is far more insightful than the woefully awful James Allen and Ben Edwards is always fantastic. Having watched the Sky coverage ITV feels like the poor mans option. Its very dumbed down in comparison. You don't get the team on sky telling you what a steering wheel does before the race!!
Old 17 Aug 2002, 21:37 (Ref:359945)   #14
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Admit it you aint got 6 quid and cant figure out the controller! Tony Jardin! Jim Rosenthal!! Louise Goodygoodyman!!!! Get outta here!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 00:00 (Ref:360023)   #15
05forever
Racer

The aussie stuff is just the re-airing of the ITV coverage with a bloke named Darrell Eastlake pretending he knows waht he is talking about and Alan Jones generally taking the P!ss
Old 18 Aug 2002, 01:07 (Ref:360038)   #16
Aussiefan

Unfortunatly Australia has a rather dire coverage of F1, to the point where a fan has started a website so that fellow Australian F1 fans can discuss it (www.f1fansvschannel9.com).

Usually, the European races coincide with prime time viewing on Sunday night which traditionally is when movies are shown (or football and cricket). So this means these races are usually shown 11:00pm or later with the odd GP being shown between 10:30-11:00pm. Of course, it would be unrealistic for a station to give up it's prime time slot for GP as it would probably be outrated by "Driving Miss Daisy" or some other movie.

Other than that, the actual telecasts are inconsistent and full of simple errors. The two local hosts usually talk after ad breaks during the race (we get ITV coverage) when most people want to just listen and watch the feed coming in. There are many other errors they make yet seem incompetent to fix them.

Old 18 Aug 2002, 04:18 (Ref:360057)   #17
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SpeedChannel gives us the second session on Friday live with highlights of the first.
Saturday we get live qualifying,
Sunday we get pre-race and race...Steve Matchett is insightful but Rick Debrul or however you spell his name kinda ruins otherwise good coverage...now if I could get rid of the commercials or get Bernie to let me have BernieVision.........sigh
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:17 (Ref:360096)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I need ITV's coverage for adverts, to have toilet breaks.

Its not like we miss anything while the adverts are on. Maybe we miss Michael setting another fastest lap.

youve hit the nail on the head there Hakk....with ITV's coverage you dont normally miss much in the ad breaks as there only normally showing Michael race on his own at the front ....if you watched Sky there isnt time for a ad break because we actuallly get to see all the action , not just one car lapping by itself . Watching all the battles throughout the field is very exciting .

Last edited by Sato san; 18 Aug 2002 at 08:19.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:25 (Ref:360098)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I need ITV's coverage for adverts, to have toilet breaks.

But then your regulated as to when you have those breaks, with Sky you get to choose when you want to go, and look at it like this, your going to miss something on ITV anyway, so you aren't missing any more with Sky!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 08:52 (Ref:360113)   #20
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All we get is the race live but with ads and no qualifying. Would love to see gualifying and some of the support races