Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 May 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2463862)   #1
kowalski the lone driver
Rookie

Australia
brisbane
kowalski the lone driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bright's FG

will jason bright have a new FG at tasmania? wasn't he supposed to have one at winton? what's going on at britek? their website is ****house and hasn't been updated since the AGP
Old 17 May 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2463878)   #2
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best you direct this question to SBR.

JB was supposed to have it for Hamilton (when the SBR/Britek deal was announced).

888 seem to be able to pump out new cars pretty quickly though.
Old 17 May 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2463881)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it 1st July as yet?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2464197)   #4
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is it 1st July as yet?
Do we assume by that comment that he was meant to have it by the middle of the year ??
Old 17 May 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2464202)   #5
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Do we assume by that comment that he was meant to have it by the middle of the year ??
New financial year?
It's possibly a cashflow problem holding up the funds to pay for said FG.....
Old 17 May 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2464205)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
No.. more that Australia moves into a new financial year, and a sponsor that pays to keep the car green allegedly has its next sponsorship progress payment due...

Motorsport runs on money... if you have money, you get stuff.. if you dont, you have people talking up how they could do better if they had money....

Old 18 May 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2464271)   #7
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Last I herd he will have it for Darwin, it was in emnews about two weeks ago.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 18 May 2009, 04:07 (Ref:2464278)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No.. more that Australia moves into a new financial year, and a sponsor that pays to keep the car green allegedly has its next sponsorship progress payment due...

Motorsport runs on money... if you have money, you get stuff.. if you dont, you have people talking up how they could do better if they had money....

how much income if any would the lease of the former Britek 2nd licence to PCR generate for Bright?
Old 18 May 2009, 05:39 (Ref:2464284)   #9
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski the lone driver View Post
Their website is ****house and hasn't been updated since the AGP
I agree. It is pretty poor.
Old 18 May 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2464294)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
how much income if any would the lease of the former Britek 2nd licence to PCR generate for Bright?
If the full amount were to revert to Britek, remembering that this REC allegedly, like the former TKR one, is being upgraded to L1 status on the payment plan, the answer is $850k (regular income) less $375k (REC upgrade fee) = $475k.

Presuming the full value is back with Britek, and that no inducement was required for PCR to lease the licence for the season...

Allegedly of course
Old 18 May 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2464442)   #11
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever the reason for the delay, I for one hope SBR can get the car to Jason as soon as possible.

If it was me supplying the cars, with a driver of the calibre of Jason, who hasn't won a race since Sandown 06, I'd be thinking he'd be pretty hungry for a win. I'd be thinking that it would be a good thing to have all the SBR cars up to spec.

What is puzzling me is why put an FPR driver into a SBR FG for a day, when I could put Brighty into one full time.

Come on SBR, we want to see a Fujitsu FG out there!
Old 18 May 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2464455)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
seems Brighty is going down his own set-up road from what Neil and MS said in Hamilton. might explain the lack of speed comparitive to JC in the same chassis last year. so if Brighty is going down his own road that wouldn't really help SBR to much i would imagine.
Old 18 May 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2464457)   #13
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well tell me how having him in a BF is going to help SBR?

Last edited by krypto71; 18 May 2009 at 11:27. Reason: missed a word.
Old 18 May 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2464570)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
it dosn't, neither is. my whole point is either way he isn't helping SBR (and by the looks of it himself) by going down his own set-up route with the car, FG, BF dosn't matter.
Old 19 May 2009, 03:37 (Ref:2464909)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The underlying concept of 3 FG's run out of the SBR workshop would be to cross pollinate the engineering input across 3 chassis. Mr Bright had previously been noted as a car sorter in his PWR & FPR lifetimes, perhaps not so much at Britek.

On the surface this makes perfect sense.

But you would assume firstly that Mr Bright would use SBR engineering for his car's operation, as opposed to only the preparation and race day operation. This has been shown not to be the case.

You might also assume that the car would remain in SBR spec while it was in their care. This has been shown not to be the case.

You may assume that the driver would want to immerse himself in the SBR way, and move to Queensland at the earliest possible time, to get involved with the engineering crew at SBR, and what the cars are doing, involved in the build, involved in the development plans. This has been shown not to be the case.

If you remember some time ago when David Besnard was signed by SBR, he stayed in Sydney while the team was in Queensland... for financial reasons.. but his competitive performances suffered. A relocation to the sunshine state and the relationship with the team improved out of sight.. even if the results werent as shiny as the blue car in the other side of the garage.

Is the lack of an FG, and the self-engineering by Mr Bright, a sign that the SBR relationship is not strained exactly, but is not exactly complimentary?

There are a few press releases from Britek slamming the engines, slamming a lack of a test day, slamming a lack of comfort in the car... not the sign of a committed partner

And while the results remain unimpressive ontrack, Fujitsu must be considering their options for next year surely....
Old 19 May 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2465452)   #16
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could it be.........

.........that the differences between the BF and the FG demand that there is an independant path in setup?

Could it also be that the united front may appear when (if) Mr Bright finds his backside parked in an FG, which may perhaps resolve any comfort issues?

Could Mr Bright's frustration with the current arrangements/results be the core of his remarks, after all his results haven't been that much worse than his "stablemates" overall.
Old 20 May 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2466087)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why would there need to be an independent path in setup? Did SBR not run a BA-BF series car from 2003 to 2008, accumulating 6 years of solid data? The new 'FPR' components on the SBR-prepared BF dont seem to be making it more competitive.. or is that an issue of the non-SBR engineering team?

The #9 car has made top ten in a number of sessions this season.. the #25 car never looks close to achieving that.

Will there be an FG? This is the $64 question isnt it?

Will we ever find out, especially since Britek dont seem to have a media operative of note...
Old 21 May 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2466102)   #18
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly 6 years of solid BA/BF data would be relevant, but that would still be independant of the FG data. In other words, their adaptations to the particulars of the circuit on the day will (probably) differ.

Car #4 hasn't been setting the world on fire on race day either.......

The $64 question indeed. Only time will tell. (come on time, tell me first!)

In the current environment, there isn't much for a media operative to do other than distract the attention to others, which doesn't seem too difficult at the moment.
Old 21 May 2009, 00:23 (Ref:2466106)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The pilot of car #4 continues to be disappointing in V8Supercars. Mr Perkins said some very interesting things when Mr Davison drove for him, after he got punted from that seat... maybe the opinions still hold water?

There is quite a bit for a media operative to do when the major sponsor of the team (and if you look at the car.. the only sponsor) is up for renewal at season's end...
Old 21 May 2009, 01:39 (Ref:2466131)   #20
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is quite a bit for a media operative to do when the major sponsor of the team (and if you look at the car.. the only sponsor) is up for renewal at season's end...
Yep...they usually whiteant someone elses sponsor!
Old 21 May 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2466134)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
And there is two defences to that... sit in a hole and cry "woe is me" and cross fingers and toes that a multi million dollar investment is renewed.... or.... get of your posterior and make yourself so valuable to the sponsor that there is no way they would think of leaving, or of securing another location for the backing

Amateur hour media releases, websites, contact with #7 is in the former not the latter....
Old 21 May 2009, 07:45 (Ref:2466202)   #22
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep in mind that not too many people thought Jamie Whincup was particularly special in his first couple years of full-time V8 Supercar, with Garry Rogers actually dropping him.

Perhaps we need to give Alex Davison more time? It's early days yet and hopefully his first proper test days will bear fruit.
Old 21 May 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2466210)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Keep in mind that not too many people thought Jamie Whincup was particularly special in his first couple years of full-time V8 Supercar, with Garry Rogers actually dropping him.

Perhaps we need to give Alex Davison more time? It's early days yet and hopefully his first proper test days will bear fruit.
Jamie Whincup was given the worst car in the 5 car GRM fleet for most of the season, with the worst engine package (i.e. not Aurora) and it looked like not much technical help, in a team focused almost solely on Mr Tander's machine.

His performance in an early spec VY at Eastern Creek was solid... and gave glimpses of what may have been possible. Still not top 10 material however.

Mr Davison has not looked as shiny as Mr van Gisbergen, despite knowing the tracks, and having significantly more experience.

Back to Mr Bright though... it does not appear he has even stepped in either the #4 or #9 cars in testing.. I wonder what that says about the relationship between SBR & Britek?
Old 21 May 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2466213)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
when did they do that, i have no memory off it.
Old 21 May 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2466410)   #25
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
it dosn't, neither is. my whole point is either way he isn't helping SBR (and by the looks of it himself) by going down his own set-up route with the car, FG, BF dosn't matter.
Wouldn't it be just as easy to get van Gisbergen and Davison to adapt Brighty's driving style? Maybe SBR are driving at Richards speed when they could be at Winterbottom speed, who presumably still uses Bright style settings to good effect?