Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Jun 2009, 04:06 (Ref:2474432)   #51
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason Bright and his Fujitsu Racing outfit will run an FG Falcon for the first time at the Dunlop Townsville 400.

Bright will run his Stone Brothers Racing (SBR) BF Falcon at the Skycity Triple Crown in Darwin in a fortnight before moving into an SBR-prepared FG.

“The FG’s probably a little bit better than the BF,” Bright said.

“I think we’ll see a fairer game when we go to the FG.”

Bright jumped into SBR driver Shane Van Gisbergen’s #9 FG Falcon at a recent test day and was satisfied with the results.

“I was quicker in his car than what I was in my own car, which shouldn’t happen, so I think that there’s certainly potential that we will get a pretty big jump when we move into the FG,” he said.

Bright predicted the car would be quick straight out of the box.

Full story here: http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten..._at_townsvile/
Old 3 Jun 2009, 06:10 (Ref:2474453)   #52
Gaslight
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Gaslight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
Jason Bright and his Fujitsu Racing outfit will run an FG Falcon for the first time at the Dunlop Townsville 400.

Bright will run his Stone Brothers Racing (SBR) BF Falcon at the Skycity Triple Crown in Darwin in a fortnight before moving into an SBR-prepared FG.

“The FG’s probably a little bit better than the BF,” Bright said.

“I think we’ll see a fairer game when we go to the FG.”

Bright jumped into SBR driver Shane Van Gisbergen’s #9 FG Falcon at a recent test day and was satisfied with the results.

“I was quicker in his car than what I was in my own car, which shouldn’t happen, so I think that there’s certainly potential that we will get a pretty big jump when we move into the FG,” he said.

Bright predicted the car would be quick straight out of the box.

Full story here: http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten..._at_townsvile/
And the lord hear and answers thy prayer
He still cant admit he screwed up 100% by chosing his own set up (fpr crap set up that is)

Last edited by Gaslight; 3 Jun 2009 at 06:13. Reason: add
Old 3 Jun 2009, 07:21 (Ref:2474487)   #53
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened to Simon Mc and his "the VE has and advantage over the FG", if Bright is to be believed and the FG is faster then the BF then someone is a ****wit.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2524711)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to This, Fujitsu is signed up with Britek to the end of the 2009 season

It is interesting, and perhaps concerning, that we are yet to see the deal renewed...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Aug 2009, 23:54 (Ref:2524720)   #55
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've noticed in the NRL that LG and Samsung are pulling their sponsorships so progress that a couple of steps forward and maybe...

But most of these big sponsorships are about the corporate experience and not so much about product advertising so the cycle might have run it's course.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 02:22 (Ref:2524752)   #56
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
But most of these big sponsorships are about the corporate experience and not so much about product advertising so the cycle might have run it's course.
Yes, the laws of diminishing returns kick in after a few years. Also the current economic climate lends itself to belt tightening, especially with big ticket items.

Being an air-conditioning company, I would have thought sponsoring a summer sport would have made more sense, although I can't think of a sport where the team would be labelled as "The Fujitsu Team", which is motor racing's big advantage over other sporting codes.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2524761)   #57
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I've noticed in the NRL that LG and Samsung are pulling their sponsorships so progress that a couple of steps forward and maybe...

& Mitsubishi Electric at the end of the last NRL season.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 05:26 (Ref:2524785)   #58
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LG you can understand wandering off with their association with the Sharks. I wouldnt want to be a part of league at the momment either.

LG do seem to be very committed to sports sponsorships at the moment though. They have their toes in the water in F1, in NZ they have a big presence in Super 14, NZV8s (Multiple sponsorships, inlcuding 1 naming rights), netball(Northern Mystics) and NZ Superbikes. I wouldnt be surprised to see them pop up in the Australian V8's soon.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2526962)   #59
wide open
Rookie

Niger
wide open should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Dr Slater gone and unable to de tune the SBR FG, Brighty has shown the speed expected of him, What a difference a test day and a race meeting under full SBR control makes

This should help the whole SBR team go forward the experienced he brings when controlled and guided in the right direction will be invaluable to the far less experienced drivers of the 4 & 9 cars

If only SBR had made the move earlier
Old 23 Aug 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2526966)   #60
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wide open View Post
With Dr Slater gone and unable to de tune the SBR FG, Brighty has shown the speed expected of him, What a difference a test day and a race meeting under full SBR control makes

This should help the whole SBR team go forward the experienced he brings when controlled and guided in the right direction will be invaluable to the far less experienced drivers of the 4 & 9 cars

Do SBR have enough control to team up the #9 & #25 drivers for the enduros?

Would certainly give them a winning combo in 1 of their 3 cars.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2527103)   #61
kowalski the lone driver
Rookie

Australia
brisbane
kowalski the lone driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great to see brighty back towards the front of the field at qr. do we reckon the pace will remain for the enduros? was at qr on sunday and the green machine looks quite good in person.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2527138)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski the lone driver View Post
great to see brighty back towards the front of the field at qr. do we reckon the pace will remain for the enduros? was at qr on sunday and the green machine looks quite good in person.
The pace of #25 in the enduros will likely be compromised by the copilot
Old 24 Aug 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2527151)   #63
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Karl's mission will be to keep the green machine on the black stuff all day for both races, and on the lead lap. If he can do that, who knows what may come. I remember getting very excited, even if it was only for a short while before things went sour quickly at the end of Bathurst in 07.

As a side note, I'd like to see all full time pilots in their own cars for both enduros. I think it would add to the excitement, giving us more competitive cars with a shot at winning.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by krypto71; 24 Aug 2009 at 09:26. Reason: typo
Old 24 Aug 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2527181)   #64
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Being an air-conditioning company, I would have thought sponsoring a summer sport would have made more sense, although I can't think of a sport where the team would be labelled as "The Fujitsu Team", which is motor racing's big advantage over other sporting codes.
although they only use the sponsorship predominately for air conditioner and plasma adverts, Fujitsu actually do a looooooot more than that.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2527199)   #65
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Bodog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
..... for air conditioner and plasma adverts, Fujitsu actually do a looooooot more than that.
To set the record straight

Fujitsu General (Aust) Pty Ltd are the sponsors of Fujitsu Racing - they only provide air conditioners (they stopped importing plasmas in early 2008)

Another quite seperate Fujitsu - Fujitsu Australia Limited are the "other" Fujitsu in Australia - they provide IT Products & Services and "do a lot more" with over $1.1b revenues -however they are not a sponsor of the Fujitsu Racing team in 2009. They've put their sponsorship dollars into the Australian Golf Open this year.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2527207)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

The 'other' Fujitsu backed this car in Britek's formative year.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2527724)   #67
wevets
Rookie

wevets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wide open View Post

They've been using SBR setup all year.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2527776)   #68
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's already been well documented (on this Forum) that, that is NOT the case!
Old 26 Aug 2009, 03:37 (Ref:2528297)   #69
wevets
Rookie

wevets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
It's already been well documented (on this Forum) that, that is NOT the case!
haha
It may have been documented, but NOT well.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2528367)   #70
wide open
Rookie

Niger
wide open should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wevets View Post
They've been using SBR setup all year.
I think it has not been all year

At times it has been close at the start of the weekend before Dr Slater and Brighty have de tuned it

Sunday Qual Townsville it was pulled back into line with other cars and guess what Qual 8th behind SVG

Good to see SBR cars and Brighty can have good pace when it all pulls in one direction
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2528499)   #71
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The 'other' Fujitsu backed this car in Britek's formative year.
That was 2005 (when they sponsored the team and car 26 for the later part of the season) - they also sponsored Britek in 2006, 2007 and 2008
Old 27 Aug 2009, 01:34 (Ref:2528945)   #72
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog View Post
That was 2005 (when they sponsored the team and car 26 for the later part of the season) - they also sponsored Britek in 2006, 2007 and 2008
ahh but that isn't readily apparent when the only thing written on the side of the cars is "Fujitsu" is it?
Old 27 Aug 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2529204)   #73
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
ahh but that isn't readily apparent when the only thing written on the side of the cars is "Fujitsu" is it?
How many times / places does Fujitsu need to appear on a car? - I think the cars have had significant Fujitsu logos on them over the years - how many people read beyond Fujitsu to note the Plasmavision and Air Conditioning tag lines?

There are many other ways a sponsor can realise benefits from a sponsorship - eg hospitality, driver appearances, hotlaps, merchandise, visibility/use of technology in the garage/workshop etc etc